Merged: Charlie Whitehurst | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Charlie Whitehurst

Jaj said:
Same here. This is sickening now everybody completely jumps off the Cutler bandwagon(even though they had never even watched him play). It's like every single person today believes they're draft experts and great at player evaluation and Kiper who himself said Cutler has done enough to be a top 10 pick is wrong. Great job GMs in the making... :shakeno:

And where did Kiper have Brady ranked Jaj? As for "jumping off the Cutler bandwagon", I never was on it, as I never saw him play. But I have seen Whitehurst play, basically EVERY game since he arrived on campus....as I am an avid Clemson fan and alumni. That is why my post speaks positive of Whitehurst, not negative of anyone. (Unlike your post.... BTW, do you work hard at being an @ss or does it just come natural????)

WaxOn WaxOff said:
And where did Kiper have Brady ranked Jaj? As for "jumping off the Cutler bandwagon", I never was on it, as I never saw him play. But I have seen Whitehurst play, basically EVERY game since he arrived on campus....as I am an avid Clemson fan and alumni. That is why my post speaks positive of Whitehurst, not negative of anyone. (Unlike your post.... BTW, do you work hard at being an @ss or does it just come natural????)

The man isn't God but give it a break. It's like no one here believes there's a reason he's respected. It wasn't addressed to you and ya it does come natural :rolleyes:

fishypete said:
Like Kiper is never wrong...tisk..tisk.. Jai...Remember last year how everyone was so hot for Rodgers...many here....but when it came to being real...he dropped like a rock. If people would look with their eyes and not listen with their ears....you wouldn't have so many hyped up players.

Cutler has done nothing more than Croyle, Whitehurst...actually less in many eye's...in the senior bowl. At best in Kipers own words...Cutlers practices have been average....he now say's that Cutlers accuracy is so-so...yet he still states that Cutler is a top ten draft pick....yet he also claims that Croyle was outstanding...very strong arm...very accurate....but he's a 2nd rounder...now anyone with common sense would say....what is he smoking?

The reason Croyle is still rated a 2nd rounder is because he is injury prone, he tore his ACL in both knees and has a long history of injuries. Croyle is also small. Not short, but he is skinny and doesn't have the frame to pack on much more weight. I don't see how this guy can take the pounding of a starting NFL QB.

SackArtist said:
The reason Croyle is still rated a 2nd rounder is because he is injury prone, he tore his ACL in both knees and has a long history of injuries. Croyle is also small. Not short, but he is skinny and doesn't have the frame to pack on much more weight. I don't see how this guy can take the pounding of a starting NFL QB.

He's not that small. He's what 6-2/6-3ish. He'll be 210 by the time the season starts and that's what Delhomme is.

By the way whoever was promoting Whitehurst, I do like what Whitehurst brings to the table. Sorry if I ruined your vision of this thread :lol:

Jaj said:
He's not that small. He's what 6-2/6-3ish. He'll be 210 by the time the season starts and that's what Delhomme is.
I said he's not short, he's 6'2. What I said is he is skinny and has a small frame and I don't think he can put much more weight on it.

Caps said:
I would draft him in the 4th round, MAYBE in the 3rd if he has great workouts.

he has 5th round written all over him

Jaj, I owe an apology...re-reading my original post the part about Cutler was not mine, and I didn't make that clear. The 1st paragraph is a quote from a Clemson message board, the 2nd was my own words. I believe the 1st paragraph is a snipet from a Clemson area reporter, but the source was not quoted. I don't have anything bad to say about Cutler or Croyle, I just hope we get someone who can produce at QB soon.

fishypete said:
Like Kiper is never wrong...tisk..tisk.. Jai...Remember last year how everyone was so hot for Rodgers...many here....but when it came to being real...he dropped like a rock. If people would look with their eyes and not listen with their ears....you wouldn't have so many hyped up players.

Cutler has done nothing more than Croyle, Whitehurst...actually less in many eye's...in the senior bowl. At best in Kipers own words...Cutlers practices have been average....he now say's that Cutlers accuracy is so-so...yet he still states that Cutler is a top ten draft pick....yet he also claims that Croyle was outstanding...very strong arm...very accurate....but he's a 2nd rounder...now anyone with common sense would say....what is he smoking?

Just another example of Kipers hype machine. He has Cutler and Croyle both graded at B, but he says Cutler will be a big time Favre style QB, while he has Croyle described as a spot starter/ career backup. If, (in his opinion), their career paths are so much different, wouldnt you think their grades would be different? Im sure Kiper knows more about football than most, but his expertise is in my opinion is based on a lot of bluster, self promotion, and riding the rising tide of ESPN as it grew from a couple of trailers in Bristol Ct. to a multi billion dollar sports brand. Dont believe the hype.

PhinSoldia said:
he has 5th round written all over him

If it's the Dolphins 5th, I'm all for it. Then if it's not working out, sell the farm to get Quinn next year....

WaxOn WaxOff said:
If it's the Dolphins 5th, I'm all for it. Then if it's not working out, sell the farm to get Quinn next year....
we don't have a 5th (manny wright)

WaxOn WaxOff said:
Whitehurst, the North's offensive MVP, directed a seamless drive after Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler was ineffective on the first two series. The Clemson quarterback was perfect on five attempts for 66 yards, lofting a 15-yard scoring pass to Colorado tight end Joe Klopfenstein and finishing 7-of-9 for 90 yards.

Ok, guys. Time to consider him in the 2nd/3rd/4th round...or Croyle. Does everyone here know..He's 6'5", has a cannon, and his dad was an NFL QB? He had an off year as a junior, but take that one year out and his college stats are pretty impressive. Did I mention he PLAYED the entire year (this year) with a hurt shoulder? Pretty tough. He's had shoulder surgery since the season ended, despite that he showed well this week in practice and in the game.....

Yea he looked good at Clemson with halfway decent WRs so he is worth the 2nd rounder but no way is he worth a 1st. Could actually end up being our starter at some point in the season, he is pretty good!

Found the source....

of the 1st paragraph from my original post... It's the ESPN website recap of the game.

From what i saw today i think Whitehurst would be a good QB in the NFL,
I personally think hes a bit better than Cutler and Croyle.
Whitehurst has a gun and can scramble, And would fit well in Miami.
I say draft Whitehurst this year and next year draft either Brady Quinn if its possible or Jordan Palmer. :fireman:

WaxOn WaxOff said:
Jaj, I owe an apology...re-reading my original post the part about Cutler was not mine, and I didn't make that clear. The 1st paragraph is a quote from a Clemson message board, the 2nd was my own words. I believe the 1st paragraph is a snipet from a Clemson area reporter, but the source was not quoted. I don't have anything bad to say about Cutler or Croyle, I just hope we get someone who can produce at QB soon.

Don't worry about it even :D

ibemacin said:
Yea he looked good at Clemson with halfway decent WRs so he is worth the 2nd rounder but no way is he worth a 1st. Could actually end up being our starter at some point in the season, he is pretty good!

Spending our second rounder on Whitehurst would be a HUGE reach.

Back
Top Bottom