Merged: Coulda, woulda, shoulda/Drew Brees | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Coulda, woulda, shoulda/Drew Brees

Wallace758 said:
not saying he's a great qb but what if we didnt draft that idiot fletcher...i didnt understand that pick we needed a qb and we drafted a cb when we had surtain and madison in their prime...amazing the dumb decisions the past regime has done...how could you pass him up!!!!!!!!!!!

The logic was that everybody was torching our nickel cb (wilson I believe). So we spent most of the time in that D. Also the keen talent gurus we had felt that Brees was only slightly better than JF.

I think Brees would have done ok here. He really liked Norv Turner's system. And he didn't play badly in it for a rookie. I don't think he would have reached the heights he did last year, but who knows. So many things would have been different.

rafael said:
I can't prove how reality would have changed and neither can you. All we can say is so and so said this. That's not proof. Since we don't/can't know what reality would have been you can't say we passed.

Youre right I cant prove how it wouldve changed, cause it wouldnt have.I offered FACTS on why I said we had passed. You offered your opinion.

Bottom line, I backed up my claim that it was clear that Moss was dropping and would be available around our pick. I gave links that proved that and the fact that moss was taken AFTER our pick proves that.

muscle979 said:
I think I remember reading a report on ESPN.com that projected Eddie Moore as an undrafted free agent. If that's true I'm not sure why anyone would have taken him in the 2nd round.

you did read that. I posted it. It is from CNNSI.

rafael said:
The logic was that everybody was torching our nickel cb (wilson I believe).

Exactly! At that time, the way teams moved the ball on us was by spreading the field with 3, 4, and 5 WR sets. We drafted for need.... not BPA.

Back
Top Bottom