Merged: Coulda, woulda, shoulda/Drew Brees | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Coulda, woulda, shoulda/Drew Brees

Miamian

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Coulda, woulda, shoulda

I can't stop thinking about this. Nothing against Gus, he's been doing a really good job, BUT,

WHAT IF the previous coach, who shall remain unmentioned, had drafted Drew Brees when he was available instead of Eddie Moore?

well you cant second guess the previous coach that shall remain un-named, as he may have had his moments as a terrible head coach and a terrible draft-er, i would have taken Eddie Moore at the time also. Thinking he was an all-pro stud LB from the Vols, oh how i was fooled :(

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
well you cant second guess the previous coach that shall remain un-named, as he may have had his moments as a terrible head coach and a terrible draft-er, i would have taken Eddie Moore at the time also. Thinking he was an all-pro stud LB from the Vols, oh how i was fooled :(

I think I remember reading a report on ESPN.com that projected Eddie Moore as an undrafted free agent. If that's true I'm not sure why anyone would have taken him in the 2nd round.

But Brees playing for our crappy coach at the time in his unimaginative system, and uncoached o-line, might have gotten creamed like anybody else here. If we could get Brees next year, he has a chance to continue to succeed.

muscle979 said:
I think I remember reading a report on ESPN.com that projected Eddie Moore as an undrafted free agent. If that's true I'm not sure why anyone would have taken him in the 2nd round.

Undrafted? I cant imagine that, i saw him play quite well in the Smokey Mountains. I thought he was going to be pretty good.....

Actually, we took Jamar Fletcher instead of Drew Brees. We took Eddie Moore instead when Anquan Boldin was available. 2 different drafts.
But yes, I've thought about that,though tough to say how Brees would have developed here under Wannstedt. Probably would not be the same guy who is now playing in San Diego.

muscle979 said:

Im not sure if it was ESPN.COM or not but I remember a draft site listing him as an undrafted FA too.

I think most scouts had Moore listed as a second DAY (not round) draft pick. It was a shocker to see him go in the second round. Clearly a reach imo.

You know what would have happened? He would've been considered a major bust playing for an unimaginative and uninspired offense. I serisously doubt people would be mentioning Brees and Pro Bowl in the same sentence if we would've drafted him. Then, last season, he would've been traded to the Cardinals for a 7th round pick and a practice squad punter.

Miamian said:
I can't stop thinking about this. Nothing against Gus, he's been doing a really good job, BUT,

WHAT IF the previous coach, who shall remain unmentioned, had drafted Drew Brees when he was available instead of Eddie Moore?

Wrong draft, we took Jamar Fletcher instead of the likes of Drew Brees and Chad Johnson.

Miamian said:

I thought Drew Brees was off the board at that point. I could be wrong...and probably am.

Miamian said:

We drafter Jamar Fletcher instead of Drew Brees....anyway, you can play this game with every single team in the league. There is no question that Wanny has crippled the franchise with questionable draft picks. Let's just move on and concern ourselves with the team that we have now. Saban is different that Wanny, in almost every way. That is a positive, so let's talk about positives not all the negatives from the Wanny Regime.

shellgh0st said:
Im not sure if it was ESPN.COM or not but I remember a draft site listing him as an undrafted FA too.

I think most scouts had Moore listed as a second DAY (not round) draft pick. It was a shocker to see him go in the second round. Clearly a reach imo.

I think most scouts had him being taken in the middle of the 2nd round.

Back
Top Bottom