MERGED: Culpepper\Culpepper for 2nd | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Culpepper\Culpepper for 2nd

Ryan1973

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Culpepper Can Be Had For A 2nd Round Pick!

Pro Football Talk just said that the Vikings might be willing to trade Culpepper for a 2nd round pick. I would do that if I am the Dolphins. Then maybe trade Ricky to get that 2nd round pick back.

Ryan1973 said:
Pro Football Talk just said that the Vikings might be willing to trade Culpepper for a 2nd round pick. I would do that if I am the Dolphins. Then maybe trade Ricky to get that 2nd round pick back.

I wouldn't give a hamburger for this guy.

its still too risky. i would need to see him in a full contact workout and see that he can perform. and that isnt going to happen for a long time. so i say pass right now.

my god.

i really should invest in the VIP thing.

so many stupid threads.

HOW ABOUT WE DRAFT OUR OWN GUY?????????????????

What I want to know is what kind of money he expects to make. I think one of the reasons he is rumored to be falling out of favor with the Vikings is that they gave him a pay raise last year and now he is wanting more. Giving up a second round pick seems pretty reasonable if he had a low base salary with some incentives but if he is looking for a deal with big guaranteed money that would be a pretty big risk. You have to wonder about the character factor as well since he was involved with the boat party and now seems to be doing his best to get out of Minnessota....

dolphan117 said:
...You have to wonder about the character factor as well since he was involved with the boat party.... I

C'mon now man... don't get into this "character" crap. That boat thing really has nothing to do with the type of person Daunte is. He's a great guy that definitely is loyal. Easy example of that was choosing UCF for college. He could have gone anywhere, but stuck with UCF b/c they helped get his grades up w/ tutors. In the end, if you really had a pair... you'd be wishing you were on that boat that night.

Bellson said:
C'mon now man... don't get into this "character" crap. That boat thing really has nothing to do with the type of person Daunte is. He's a great guy that definitely is loyal. Easy example of that was choosing UCF for college. He could have gone anywhere, but stuck with UCF b/c they helped get his grades up w/ tutors. In the end, if you really had a pair... you'd be wishing you were on that boat that night.
Or one could suspect that he was a loyal player coming out of high school who is now in the NFL making tons of money and demanding more (Even though they just gave him a new deal one year ago) so he has enough money to go hire stripers to party on his boat. :wink:

BrazForPhins said:
I'd rather let Linehan do it
I wonder what the cap ramifications would be for a straight up Culpepper for Bulger trade? Minnesota would get rid of the pro bowl QB who they don't seem to really want while getting a pro bowler in return and the Rams would get rid of the QB who might not fit the new HC's system while bringing in a QB who does. Seems like it would make sense for both sides.

dolphan117 said:
I wonder what the cap ramifications would be for a straight up Culpepper for Bulger trade? Minnesota would get rid of the pro bowl QB who they don't seem to really want while getting a pro bowler in return and the Rams would get rid of the QB who might not fit the new HC's system while bringing in a QB who does. Seems like it would make sense for both sides.
indeed it makes sense a straight up trade..although I think the Vikings would be getting the better of the deal, even Culpepper almost being a lock to be successful again, as he'll be reunited (sp?) with scott.

I cant believe u guys arent willing to risk a 2nd rounder on him.

Jimi said:
I cant believe u guys arent willing to risk a 2nd rounder on him.

I don't think its the 2nd rounder thats an issue, its his contract and desire for more money, plus injury concerns. Its like the Edge and Alexander situations last year, plenty of teams would have given up a first day draft pick if they didnt have to throw a guaranteed 20mill signing bonus at them and 8+mill a year for their salaries. The same is true with Culpepper, hes certainly worth a 2nd rounder but the contract is a little bit steep. That and also injury concerns, he had a pretty significant injury and might not be 100% for a long time.

Mike and Mike just reported that it looks like Minnesota will be looking for a 2nd round pick for Daunte. Thought that was interesting. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Forget Culpepper. Too risky, and way too much money for a guy who has had 2 major past injuries. He isn't going to be cleared for training camp by the doctors, and will not be able to play till the middle of next season. Too risky.

Rather grab our own QB from the draft. Culpepper can go to Oakland or what ever.

Back
Top Bottom