MERGED: Culpepper\Culpepper for 2nd | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Culpepper\Culpepper for 2nd

i would aswell, bt i dont think we'd get him, if i was minny though, i would at least look for more than a 2nd...

death7star said:
HOW ABOUT WE DRAFT OUR OWN GUY?????????????????

Uh, I really doubt Saban and Co. are ruling out trades to get a quarterback.\

Jimi said:
I cant believe u guys arent willing to risk a 2nd rounder on him.

How is it a huge risk? I've yet to read anything that suggests Culpepper had a career threatening injury. He might have lesser mobility, but I really doubt he ends up with Dan Marino type speed.

Disgustipate said:
How is it a huge risk? I've yet to read anything that suggests Culpepper had a career threatening injury. He might have lesser mobility, but I really doubt he ends up with Dan Marino type speed.
Let see, he has had 2 major injuries in his past involving ligaments, asking for more money on his contract, and according to team doctors, will not be able to perform untill the middle of next season.

Yeah, let's grab a QB that won't even play the preseason and won't even start for us in the season opener and then jam him in as a starter in the middle of the season around Late Oct- Mid Nov. and still pay him the amount he thinks he's worth.

Anyone who doesn't think Culpepper would be a huge upgrade, and well as a huge steal for Miami, needs some serious help in my opinion....

We need to do everything we can to get him in a Phinz uniform. He's at the peak of his career, and just because he's had one major injury, doesn't mean he's no longer the player he once was. He'll be back, and better than ever once he gets out of Minnesota. Whoever gets him will be in great shape...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Anyone who doesn't think Culpepper would be a huge upgrade, and well as a huge steal for Miami, needs some serious help in my opinion....

We need to do everything we can to get him in a Phinz uniform. He's at the peak of his career, and just because he's had one major injury, doesn't mean he's no longer the player he once was. He'll be back, and better than ever once he gets out of Minnesota. Whoever gets him will be in great shape...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I agree completely. He would be a huge upgrade for the Fins.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!!
How can you even guarantee that he will have a successful year when he won't even be cleared to play by doctors till the middle of the 2006 season (Around Late Oct-Mid Nov)?

He won't be in training camp, he won't have a preseason, he won't even start the season opener for any team. By the middle of the season, there will already be a chemistry being built within the team that Culpepper will not be involved in.

Culpepper has more fumbles than TD passes. He makes poor decisions when he is under pressure. Having said that he is a huge upgrade over Gus, but not what I want to invest in for the QB of the future.

Vertical Limit said:
How can you even guarantee that he will have a successful year when he won't even be cleared to play by doctors till the middle of the 2006 season (Around Late Oct-Mid Nov)?

He won't be in training camp, he won't have a preseason, he won't even start the season opener for any team. By the middle of the season, there will already be a chemistry being built within the team that Culpepper will not be involved in.

We wouldn't even need him healthy right away. Getting him is the only thing that matters right now. We could even afford to let him sit the entire 2006 season in order to make sure he's ready in 2007. It would be a very wise investment....

The guy has all the tools needed to be a premier passer in this league. We need a QB with the skills Culpepper possesses....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

i agree, for a seci=ond he would be an absolute steal. Id even give up a 2008 first round pick to get him. He doesnt need to be healthy to star this year, but when he does get healthy he is one of the best qbs in the league.
Im sick of hearing he makes bad decisions. Aaron Brooks makes bad decisions. etc. Thats all you hear nowadays, ya that qb has put up great numbers in his whole career, but hes dumb. Im sick of it. Culpepper would be a huge addition to our team, period. And Brooks would be an upgrade also, with the potential to be huge. If Minnesota offers Culpepper for a second we had better jump on it immediately.
And why would anyone rather have BUlger over Culpepper?

all of you people wanting Culpepper or Brooks need serious help. Our future QB lies in either Jay Cutler or Brodie Croyle. Two REAL QB's with both talent and football smarts. Something both culpepper and brooks lack

BLITZKRIEG said:
We wouldn't even need him healthy right away. Getting him is the only thing that matters right now. We could even afford to let him sit the entire 2006 season in order to make sure he's ready in 2007. It would be a very wise investment....

The guy has all the tools needed to be a premier passer in this league. We need a QB with the skills Culpepper possesses....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Exactly. They can let Frerotte be the starter for this coming year and still draft a QB in this upcoming draft. Then let Frerotte go after next season and Culpepper could take over in 2007 when I believe they will make a Super Bowl run.

Back
Top Bottom