MERGED: Culpepper\Culpepper for 2nd | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Culpepper\Culpepper for 2nd

Puffboy(ricky) said:
no,no ...no culpeppers

I hope not..

Imagine if we get him, we'll have to see his little idiotic dance after every completion. :shakeno:

:dolphins:

Wannstedt Sux said:
all of you people wanting Culpepper or Brooks need serious help. Our future QB lies in either Jay Cutler or Brodie Croyle. Two REAL QB's with both talent and football smarts. Something both culpepper and brooks lack

Oh, definately...REAL QBs that haven't even thrown an NFL pass yet

It depends on how bad Culpepper's injury was and has he recovered. You know Culpepper is going to want the big money so I think it is best to pass on him, and go the draft route (2nd round).

Saban would do that trade in a flash.

marino2duper73 said:
culpepper to st louis with linehan, bulger to miami, st louis get s our 2nd
Does Minnesota get nothing?

Roman529 said:
It depends on how bad Culpepper's injury was and has he recovered. You know Culpepper is going to want the big money so I think it is best to pass on him, and go the draft route (2nd round).
The problem with that plan is that the draft is no guarantee of success (especially a SECOND round QB), whereas Culpepper has demonstrated big-time success in the NFL already.

We need to stop thinking that draft picks are locks around here.

Vertical Limit said:
Let see, he has had 2 major injuries in his past involving ligaments, asking for more money on his contract, and according to team doctors, will not be able to perform untill the middle of next season.

Yeah, let's grab a QB that won't even play the preseason and won't even start for us in the season opener and then jam him in as a starter in the middle of the season around Late Oct- Mid Nov. and still pay him the amount he thinks he's worth.

I'm with you here... Never been crazy about Culpepper, despite some rather bloated TD-Int numbers that can largely be attributed to Moss...

He can go vertical nicely, but he doesn't throw all the passes well... He was really horrible this year without Moss. Plus, he's a chronic fumbler, and now an injury question mark... Add to that his ego, character, and now he's asking for DOUBLE his compensation allotment... Throw in that ruhtahded-looking TD dance he does with the nodding and the hand circles? Please go away, Dante...

The wildest thing to me is everyone that against bring in C-pep, is the biggest down fall is his injury. Look at how many other QB's have had major injuries. C. Palmer, D. Breese, D. Mcnabb, i can go on and on, but their teams know what they have, and won't take a chance letting them go.
Any real fin fan knows, about our very own D. Marino hanging in the pocket with the worlds biggest knee brace. Not saying C-pep is as good, but you never know what your going to get of any QB, just the chance you take.
I say for a second round, why not, what QB matches C-pep, in the 2nd round. Non that I can think of.

Miamibyrd_24 said:
The wildest thing to me is everyone that against bring in C-pep, is the biggest down fall is his injury. Look at how many other QB's have had major injuries. C. Palmer, D. Breese, D. Mcnabb, i can go on and on, but their teams know what they have, and won't take a chance letting them go.
Miamibyrd_24 said:
Any real fin fan knows, about our very own D. Marino hanging in the pocket with the worlds biggest knee brace. Not saying C-pep is as good, but you never know what your going to get of any QB, just the chance you take.
I say for a second round, why not, what QB matches C-pep, in the 2nd round. Non that I can think of.

I agree, Culpepper may be risky but his biggest downfall is his injury,
and in our position i think a QB as big as Dante in a phins uniform wouldn't be so bad...

If the doctors say there's a good chance he'll come all the way back from his injury sometime in the next 2 years, it's a no-brainer for a 2nd. None of us can speak to the medical part, but no draft pick (1st or 2nd) will start next year. Physically, putting the injury aside for the time being, Culpepper is probably the most dominant QB in NFL history. His production over his career is among the best in NFL history. His best 2-3 years have been among the best in NFL history. He's still young for a QB and his contract is actually pretty favorable. He's due $2 million next year, which is kless than 19 other QBs are scheduled to make. Gus is currently scheduled to make twice that amount. You can't get a 1st round QB for that price and probably can't even get a 2nd rounder for it. Even in future years, when his salary goes up, it's not so bad -- in 2007, he's scheduled to be the 11th highest paid QB, and in 2008 he's scheduled to be the 11th highest paid QB.

Last year, he was terrible in the first 2 games, with a new OC, new OL and some new receivers. After those first 2 games, he completed 67% of his passes for more than 250 yards per game, 6 TDs and 4 INTs in 4 games (a QB rating of 90.4). The odds of any QB in this draft ever being better than Culpepper are very slim, let alone anyone available at the Fins' pick (let alone anyone available in the 2nd round).

For all of the above reasons, however, I seriously doubt Minnesota would let him go for a 2nd and would be very surprised if they did it for a 1st.

Back
Top Bottom