Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What scares me the most is if Culpepper gets traded to Oakland and Brees signs with the Vikings. Then the Dolphins would be left without a quality QB again.

I really don't want a guy here who will not be avaialbe until mid-season.

death7star said:
and if culpepper isn't ready to play in the 2nd half the season.
oh ****, another missed playoff year.

pepper is overrated fumbling machine and was only good because he could throw the ball up to moss and moss would adjust and make phenomenal catches. plus pepper can't even run now.

I've made several posts on this and that is pure BS. Culpepper's numbers without Moss in 2004 were very good. If you exclude his passes to Moss, his numbers were phenomenal. Moss only caught 3 of his 17 passes that traveled more than 30 yards from scrimmage in the air. And even if you treat his fumbles as INTs, he's one of the highest rated QBs of all time. Not to mention that his combined (rush and pass) yards per game and TDs per game are the best in NFL history. His completion % is second best.

When you're talking about a franchsie QB, you have to be willing to look further than the first few games of the coming season. Who's to say Brees will be ready then either? It's extremely doubtful that Leinart or Cutler will be ready.

Obviously, you don't like Culpepper. You're entitled to your opinion, however misguided it may be. But at least try to back up your posts with something thoughtful.

Ya, but think of all the season's to come that he would be here. I want Culpepper or Brees, period.

Calvin Clean said:
At 6:11 pm, Mort said Culpepper will be traded tonight to either the Raiders or Dolphins. I believe it is the Dolphins!! Culpepper fits Miami's offense better than Brees, and he is available via trade with a 2nd day draft pick and possibly a cheaper price tag.

cheaper price tag...culpepper signed a over 100 million dollar contract a few years ago and his contract runs out in 2013.

he is more expensive than brees and will cost us a FIRST DAY DRAFT PICK to get and wont start til game 8.

go with free agent brees who will be:
1. cheaper
2. start game 1
3. no draft picks used.

obviously the worse injury towards a qb is the shoulder injury the brees but i mean culpepper had a torn acl, mcl and pcl thats ur whole knee demolished he wont be ready to play until late november-december

As long as we have Sage who cares? j/k I am a little worried about both of them, but I trust Nick will chose the best one for our team. Culpepper looked like crap last year and Brees just doesn't have a real strong arm before surgery. I sure hope the medical staff gets to check out both of the players before pulling the deal off. This is an extremely critical point in our ability to have realistic playoff expectations for next year.

death7star said:
cheaper price tag...culpepper signed a over 100 million dollar contract a few years ago and his contract runs out in 2013.

he is more expensive than brees and will cost us a FIRST DAY DRAFT PICK to get and wont start til game 8.

1. cheaper
2. start game 1
3. no draft picks used.
Exactly. Brees will cost us less, and the last few years has been the better QB anyway.

Fineas said:
I've made several posts on this and that is pure BS. Culpepper's numbers without Moss in 2004 were very good. If you exclude his passes to Moss, his numbers were phenomenal. Moss only caught 3 of his 17 passes that traveled more than 30 yards from scrimmage in the air. And even if you treat his fumbles as INTs, he's one of the highest rated QBs of all time. Not to mention that his combined (rush and pass) yards per game and TDs per game are the best in NFL history. His completion % is second best.

When you're talking about a franchsie QB, you have to be willing to look further than the first few games of the coming season. Who's to say Brees will be ready then either? It's extremely doubtful that Leinart or Cutler will be ready.

Obviously, you don't like Culpepper. You're entitled to your opinion, however misguided it may be. But at least try to back up your posts with something thoughtful.

here are some facts:

i dont want culpepper, reasons here.
1. cost us more than brees (his contract is enormous)
2. cost us a draft pick
3. his running will be non exsistant (knee got ****ed up)
4. wont be available til midseason
5. he was horrible in 2005 before he got hurt.

why i want brees
1. cost less
2. save a draft pick (better cause saban will get a starter or solid backup with this pick based on his past draft selections
3. will be available to start at teh beggining of the year (better cause this is the year we make the playoffs and make a good run)
4. pro bowler in 2005.

rookies shouldn't be mentioned in this thread as they do not pertain to the topic we are discussing.

in my opinion, i believe that the best QB situation for us would be:
1. Brees
2. Sage (good backup who saved our ***** twice)
3. Lemon or Berlin

death7star said:
that would be dr. james andrew, the guy who performed brees surgery. thats a pretty good source.

Andrews was also the one who reported that there was a rotator cuff tear.

Culpepper's surgery was also deemed successful by Andrews, who projected that he'd be ready to start drills in July.

Look, Cullpeper hasnt played since going down. He wont be ready for camp nore play at all untill september. We can win this season. Forget Cullpeper who is probably going to the Raiders. Go for Brees who can pass a physical, go to camp and be ready in September.:dolphins:

death7star said:
here are some facts:

i dont want culpepper, reasons here.
1. cost us more than brees (his contract is enormous)
2. cost us a draft pick
3. his running will be non exsistant (knee got ****ed up)
4. wont be available til midseason
5. he was horrible in 2005 before he got hurt.

why i want brees
1. cost less
2. save a draft pick (better cause saban will get a starter or solid backup with this pick based on his past draft selections
3. will be available to start at teh beggining of the year (better cause this is the year we make the playoffs and make a good run)
4. pro bowler in 2005.

rookies shouldn't be mentioned in this thread as they do not pertain to the topic we are discussing.

in my opinion, i believe that the best QB situation for us would be:
1. Brees
2. Sage (good backup who saved our ***** twice)
3. Lemon or Berlin

I agree with everything up until keeping Sage. I think we should draft a young guy for the future.

death7star said:

1. cheaper
2. start game 1
3. no draft picks used.
Check out the 6:21 pm article just posted in the Sun Sentinel:

"Vikings are willing to take less than first-round compensation for Culpepper, the source said. If he can't be dealt, Minnesota is expected to release Culpepper before he is due to collect a $6 million roster bonus later this month"

Link: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-daunte030906,0,4617698.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Fineas said:
Andrews was also the one who reported that there was a rotator cuff tear.

Culpepper's surgery was also deemed successful by Andrews, who projected that he'd be ready to start drills in July.

i guess my super long post was disregarded.

Back
Top Bottom