Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SBN3YEARS said:
if we cut Gus then we have NO leverage with BREES/Culpepper. That is why he is not gone but he will be.

Good observation, didnt think of that one.

Say no to knees say yes to Brees

One of Daunte's main weapons is shot, literaly, his knees, he is a mobile QB who moves alot, without his knees he will NOT be the same Daunte

He had a horrible injury and its sumthin that he can reinjure and reinjure and reinjure, do we really want that?

Brees is younger, and is a better passer, he had less help on Sd then henow has on Miami, Culpepper wus armred with one of hte most dangerous recievers in teh league and really all hes good for is throwin deep.

From wut i heard and read, brees is in good shape in terms of his injury, he also would prolly be cheaper then culpeppers big *** contract (or is it just a big *** bonus he had)

Brees is a good fit for us, not peppr, pepper wont even be able to play prolly till halfway thru the seaon n e way,

say no to knees and yes to brees

i dont want brees or culpepper, but if it's one or the other i'd go with culpepper.

If he heals he will be great, like he always has been

On a lighter note the thread below this one says Gmac hits 3 pointer or whatever....at a glance I thought this thread said mac truck hits culpepper :lol:

It would be like DC and Moss back together again, only he will have two Mosses!!! (Chambers and T.O.) I wouldn't mind it. :dolphins:

Please tell me it's not Culpepper

OK so i was just looking at some guys thread taht said it was official that Culpepper was our guy. Does anyone know anything about this? Man i hope we don't strike a deal for him. That would be a huge waste. Does anyone have any information on this at all?

I can't believe....

People on this site. For the first time since Marino retired the Fins are actually going to acquire a QB with talent and people are complaining. I, for one, after years of Fiedler will gladly take Brees or Culpepper and will be ecstatic about either. I am just happy that the Fins have finally stepped up and gotten someone to run the team. I don't understand the negativity. Bothe QB's are way better than Frerotte. If we had either last year, we would have been in the playoffs.

Tone_E said:
Are you kidding me? One more injury and both QBs are sidelined for the season, if not more. AND, a knee is more likely to be re injured than a shoulder.

Tell me, can a QB throw with 1 leg, and a good shoulder? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

I agree on the point you made about how their injuries can sideline them. To answer your question, can a QB throw with an injured rotator cuff and two good legs?

Tone_E said:
Here it is folks, my conspiracy theory.

It is without question that many (specially QBs) are attracted to the Miami Dolphins, and for all the right reasons. They know we have a premiere coaching staff, and from a QB's perspective, we have all the weapons needed to be a contending team...CH, RB, RM, MB.

So, Saban is playing Brees with all these trade talks about Culpepper. He is doing this to get him at a lower price. Where else is Brees gonna go, and have the same chances of winning? Dont think too hard, cuz there isn't a viable answer.

The proof behind my theory;

1) Why trade for DC when he will soon be released?
2) Brees visit went well, and I believe he is scheduled for another meeting on FRI before free agency begins
3) Saban has been known to misconceive people, specially in the draft

Just my theory, but I do believe its all in an effort to land Brees at a cheaper price, thus allowing more room to sign other FAs.

Not saying your wrong

But one reason is that once a guy hits the open market ANYONE can take him and a bidding war begins, in a trade you KNOW your getting a guy

SBN3YEARS said:
if we cut Gus then we have NO leverage with BREES/Culpepper. That is why he is not gone but he will be.

leverage? everyone knows gus will not be our starter next year. saban is keeping gus right now because he might need him if brees/pepper is not ready for the opener, as soon as we get a qb saban will probably talk to gus and convince him to stay for dirt cheep and we will have a decent backup who can win a game or so if need be.

Back
Top Bottom