Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think the choice is Brees and here's why. In order to get Daunte we need to trade away yet another high draft pick. I recall Saban saying how much he values draft picks. If they were both free agents then I could see Culpepper ending up here. But for the simple fact that Brees can be had for no compensation, and they are probably going to want equal money, we go after Brees.

dolphan117 said:
Its a heck of a lot eisier than trying to throw with two good legs and no throwing sholder.

Both will be healthy at one point, or we wouldn;t even consider them!! Understand that. Bress' shoulder will heal, Culpeppers knee will heal.

Which one has the better chance of re injuring themselves.

A knee is more likely of getting re injured than a shoulder, face it!

You guys are just asumming that Brees will never have a shoulder again.

Danny1339 said:
Ricky = Daunte & a 2nd or 3rd round pick

i dissagree i think that a potsmoking suspended forced to play over30 RB who was great once.... is worth Daunte and there entire draft pluss next years 3rd rounder conditionaly.

finsfan_84 said:
One of Daunte's main weapons is shot, literaly, his knees, he is a mobile QB who moves alot, without his knees he will NOT be the same Daunte

I'm not disageeing with you, Daunte's had all three major ligaments torn.
And so did Willis Mcgahee, and he runs just fine.
Brees main weapon is his arm. My question is, how do you know for certain
that Daunte's knee is worse than Brees's shoulder?
I for one don't feel real cofident about either one of them, until they can
PROVE that they have rehabed sucessfully....

I guess if I had to pick one of them, it would be Brees.

ckparrothead said:
I'm a huge Daunte fan. I can't even believe the Dolphins could be getting a premier QB like him for such a low low price. A year ago, it would have taken not one, not even two, but THREE first round picks to pry Daunte away from Minnesota.

Is Daunte THAT different now, than what he was a year ago? No, absolutely not.

Ever get the feeling that the skies just open up for Saban and mana drops down from heaven to fill his saintly stomach?

I'm still just in shock on this whole thing...I hope this happens in the worst way.
I just hit "quote" so everybody can read it again, and I'm too lazy to search for the "Yeah, That" smiley.

Noodleman said:
That was on Minnesota, the fact is that he is hands down better than anything the fins had last year.

i think i would rather have ferotte, culpepper was worse that bad last yr before he got hurt.

gator_sensation said:
I think they both have an equal chance of getting reinjured for the simple fact that anything can happen when they get sacked. They can fall the wrong way and reinjure it.
There is always a chance of re-injury to both, no question about it but with a knee you can protect it with braces and even if he is never quite as mobile it will have little or no effect on Culpeppers ability to throw the football. On the other hand if Brees shoulder is never quite the same it will have a direct effect on his ability to throw the football. Remeber with Brees we are talking about a player who didnt have a gun to start with and can ill aford to lose what velocity he had. Prior to the injury he had averge arm streanght that coupled with his smarts made him a pro bowl qb. If you take that averge arm and make it a poor arm you are left with a very smart qb who dosnt have enough arm to make the plays even though he can read the D and knows where to go with the football. That isnt going to be the case with Culpepper even if the knee is never really the same.

Back
Top Bottom