Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Viking fans want to ban that guy just like we banned the guy who reported it here. He is making this up. I hope this is 100% BOGUS and a LOT of Dolphin fans everywhere agree with me.

I DO hope the part about Al Davis is true. They can have him.

First Timer

I really dont think its Daunte....

although the secrecy og the whole deal sounds like the type of HIdden Vault Saban loves to keep

Nublar7 said:
If it is us getting him, I am more worried about his knee then what we gave up for him. We all know it won't be anything higher then a 2nd round pick, but I am very worried about that shredded knee of his. However if he can fully recover, he is a top 5 QB in this league. I still prefer Brees, but I wouldn't object to getting Culpepper(a star QB who can push our offense over the top).

Isn't it nice that we can spend an offseason debating which Pro Bowl QB we are going to get? :lol: No more Fiedler, Feeley, or Frerotte arguments, but actual PRO BOWL Quarterbacks. :)
Isn't Gus technically a Pro Bowl quarterback?

Nublar7 said:
Thanks.

That guy then went on to say that Al Davis was quoted saying something along the lines that they will beat the Dolphins offer.

I'm curious to know what the inital offer is/was. This is another instance of fans making things up and passing them off as facts.

gator_sensation said:
I'm curious to know what the inital offer is/was. This is another instance of fans making things up and passing them off as facts.
I think that is what that guy is doing on Scouts. I just think he is someone looking for attention.

dolphan117 said:
There is always a chance of re-injury to both, no question about it but with a knee you can protect it with braces and even if he is never quite as mobile it will have little or no effect on Culpeppers ability to throw the football. On the other hand if Brees shoulder is never quite the same it will have a direct effect on his ability to throw the football. Remeber with Brees we are talking about a player who didnt have a gun to start with and can ill aford to lose what velocity he had. Prior to the injury he had averge arm streanght that coupled with his smarts made him a pro bowl qb. If you take that averge arm and make it a poor arm you are left with a very smart qb who dosnt have enough arm to make the plays even though he can read the D and knows where to go with the football. That isnt going to be the case with Culpepper even if the knee is never really the same.

Very objective opinion. It has me thinking.....:hmmm:

why does everyone claim to know what nick will and wont do?
nick will do what he sees as best for our beloved fins, but after that we dont really know what hes planning or how he is planning to do it

Ok I think of these two in these instances.

Dante has a strong arm. He also is a big Qb. Which may attribute to his knees always getting hurt.

Drew is not quite as big and doesn't have quite the arm. But is pretty good with his accuracy.

both have had surguries for injuries. Both are a pretty big risk. Either way they are both an upgrade.

personally i like drew. But if we get Culpepper. We will still be better than what we were.

If we get dante. Will that affect other free agent signings. of course same thing can be said with drew. Will we have enough to get other free agents.

Will we have to give up draft picks.

personally i think a knee will tear before a shoulder will but. then again if hit right either one will give.

PhinsRDbest said:
This is uncanny my thoughts too.
Me too. Something fishy about this especially if Brees is scheduled to come to Miami today. Remember before the draft that Saban said he was taking Edwards with the second pick. This just does not make any sense to me.

gator_sensation said:
Who you want then?

i'd be willing to take a step backwards and rebuild the entire franchise the right way, into one that 2-3 years from now, could go on a run like the patriots did over the last 4 years. but that doesnt matter. everyone wants to win now and of what is available, culpepper and brees are probably the best options for that.

Let's put it this way...I don't think anybody has any reason not to fully trust Saban at this point. The guy is a god in my mind. I swear to god if I had heard Wanny say "standpoint" one more time I was gonna catch a flight with a Canadian goose down south to beat him. Every football fan knows the fish have turned the corner and are soon going to be great again. All this optimism is because of what NS has done.
If he trades for Dante, he will have a great reason for doing so. We all think we know our stuff but compared to him we don't know squat. Let's just sit back and relax and watch Nick Git er Done!

Back
Top Bottom