Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 72 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
nopony said:
On the knee thing, obviously it's a concern, but some of the doom and gloom is a bit much.

This is MIAMI.

They could cut Culpepper's leg off mid-thigh and strap the stump to the other thigh and he would STILL be more mobile than Marino was for half his years.

All up to the doctors, as far as I'm concerned.

:lol: Well said. As long as he can stand in the pocket and gun it.

Amars said:
Ya but I dont think Gus is a bad QB. I actually like his composure in the pocket.

I you think Gus is not bad, you will be proposing matrimony to Daunte or Brees.

yes to DC

after Vikings trades DC they will go after DB ( they will be looking for a QB and DB is the best free agent QB available) and they have the lowest cap number and I don't think dolphins can compete with Vikings for DB so we should trade for DC best option as of now..

If they do trade him I hope its for a 2007 pick. Hopefully we are picking late in first that year.

Id rather have a QB with a bad knee then a bad throwing shoulder, end of story.

gator_sensation said:
So you can overpay for a QB with an injured throwing arm. No thank you.

Geez.... :shakeno:

Just love the zoo.

You could equally argue that you'd be not only overpaying for Culpepper as well but your also giving up more than likely a 2nd round draft pick for a guy that has a bum knee which may not be ready for half the 2006 season.

Dr's. will make the prognosis on both these guys.
Youre just talking out your arse.

In looking at Brees versus Culpepper...I would take Brees IF he had not injured his shoulder...but I think a gimpy knee beats a gimpy throwing arm and shoulder....Dan Marino was still able to throw with his achillis problems and I think Culpepper can still throw it and move around well enough to be a good QB. I would really check both guys out before I signed either Brees or Culpepper....either way we should have a better QB next year.

nolefin said:
if its so stupid than why has saban been talking to the vikings about a trade? if he had no intrest in cullpepper than why are we involved?

Because with Saban everything is an option!!!! I know it's hard to get used to after the inept crap we saw from Wanny, but Saban explores every avenue.

Anyone else in here get a creepy feeling that this is one of those tainted almost too-good-to-be-true megastar sweepstakes??? I mean both these guys, Brees and Culpepper, are coming off of significant injuries.

nolefin said:
if its so stupid than why has saban been talking to the vikings about a trade? if he had no intrest in cullpepper than why are we involved?
I'm perfectly willing to accept the fact that Saban is an NFL Head Coch and knows things we don't.

But (with the info we have) Culpepper just seems like a bad situation to get into. Brees is estimated to command a 6 year - 48 Million contract. That's still much cheaper than the contract Daunte would bring in, and Brees is coming off 2 straight ProBowl years. DC had the worst year of his life and a DEVASTATING triple-ligament knee injury.

In the short run, we'd be better off bringing in Brees than signing Culpepper, and in the long run we'd be better off bringing in Ramsey or McCown for a 2nd-Day pick to push a rookie QB we get on the first day than to pick up what's left of a 10-year 102 Million contract and a QB who we won't know the physical status of until mid-season.

nopony said:
I you think Gus is not bad, you will be proposing matrimony to Daunte or Brees.

Im not saying Gus is Pro Bowler, but he threw close 3000yds last year. Either Qb will be a upgrade.

I think That if Dante comes, T.O. may come to us for less, he seems to want to play with certain QB's. I would like to have T.O. I think the media really has it out for him, he has blown-out-proportion off-field issues, where they praise guys like Ray Lewis, and Jamal Lewis; T.O. truly wants to win and to be part of the win, which can be interpreted as selfish. :o

What would you trade for Cullpepper?

I am not sure myself, just wanted to see what others think.

Back
Top Bottom