Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 71 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope we get Culpepper. He busted his knee but willis mcgahee came back from a real bad knee injury and he doing good running. I believe he could come back from knee injury well.

claytonAndDuper said:
if tommorrow i wakeup at 9 to head to work at 10, and i hear that we have aquired culpepper, im goin to feel like al bundy at the nudie bar, unwrapping a nice plump 2 pack of hooters

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Ok, To those of you that don't want Culpepper give me 1 good reason why you wouldnt want him? If it's the knee injury you're worried about, well there a lot of players in the NFL that have blown their knees out and still are playing and productive. Hmm... 1 name that comes to mind is Edge. James. He's a pretty good football player and he blew his knee out. We're talking about 2 years ago, Culpepper was the 2nd best QB in the NFL. I would enjoy seeing Culpepper throw on a Dolphin uniform.

Bindog said:
Let's put it this way...I don't think anybody has any reason not to fully trust Saban at this point. The guy is a god in my mind. I swear to god if I had heard Wanny say "standpoint" one more time I was gonna catch a flight with a Canadian goose down south to beat him. Every football fan knows the fish have turned the corner and are soon going to be great again. All this optimism is because of what NS has done.
If he trades for Dante, he will have a great reason for doing so. We all think we know our stuff but compared to him we don't know squat. Let's just sit back and relax and watch Nick Git er Done!

yes your right, i am going to bed with no worries, saban will do the right thing he is a coaching god and the right move will be the one saban does.

FinFan84 said:
This deal is a disater, I will lose faith in Saban if this trade is made.
Right....

Let's put it this way, Chris Chambers and Marty Booker are having orgasms right now thinking that this MIGHT happen. :lol:

Amars said:
I hope we get Culpepper. He busted his knee but willis mcgahee came back from a real bad knee injury and he doing good running. I believe he could come back from knee injury well.

every human being is different.

feelthepain said:
But in order to get DC we would have to give up a first day pick, we don't have the luxury to wait and see if DC will ever be healthy enough to play. If we do trade for DC we will have to keep Gus and because Ramsey will not come here if he isn't going to be the man. Brees is just the much better option at this point in time for us. We get him and keep our picks, he's smart and can play at a pro bowl level. Saban wants to run the ball more he said that last year, Brees will have similar tools to the ones he had in SD. It just fits.
I think that's the most logical analysis I've read yet in this site.

I think Culpepper is going to Arizona to rejoin the coach he flourished under, that amazing WR corps, and ALL THAT CAP SPACE.

I don't think Saban trades precious draft picks for an injured (but formerly fantastic) QB with a huge & crippling cap number when he could bring in an injured but exciting young vet who is on a roll AND restock crucial positions with all his draft picks.

He brings in Culpepper (unless he can totally restructure that horrible contract) AND gives up a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

No way. That's just ******ed. Wannstadt/Spielman don't live here anymore.

Amars said:

Are you aware that if we get Culpepper, that it will probably mean we will have Gus starting anywhere from 4-8 games next year? This team is too good to throw away the season by giving half of it to Gus.

FinFanSince'80 said:

I think Culpepper is going to Arizona to rejoin the coach he flourished under, that amazing WR corps, and ALL THAT CAP SPACE.

Saban trades precious draft picks for an injured (but formerly fantastic) QB with a huge & crippling cap number when he could bring in an injured but exciting young vet AND restock crucial positions with all his draft picks

brees will have a crippling cap number also, good qb's cost money we cant keep going with these cheep backups that cant get the job done. if you want to win you have to pay the price.

I found this on another site and it scares the crap out of me.....

Vikings | More about potential Culpepper trade
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:58:31 -0800

Don Seeholzer and Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, report the Minnesota Vikings would gain an additional $2.3 million in salary cap space by trading QB Daunte Culpepper. In addition, if he is traded soon, Culpepper's $6 million roster bonus would be paid by his new club. Given Culpepper's knee injury, the return on Culpepper could be minimal for the Vikings. The source said teams would not part with a first-round pick and that a conditional pick was expected. According to FOXSports.com, if the Vikings can't trade him before that bonus is due, they intend to ask him to push the date back in order to continue to work toward a trade. Pat Kirwan, a senior analyst for NFL.com, said because of Culpepper's uncertain physical status, any trade likely will involve future conditional draft choices. "This would be a sliding scale that I've run past a few general managers that are not in the market for Culpepper," Kirwan said. "The draft picks are for 2007. If you trade for the guy and he never plays, the compensation is zero. If he plays eight or less games, the compensation is a second-round pick. If he plays nine or more games, the compensation is a first-round pick. If he throws for 3,000 yards, then it's a first and a third. And if he makes the Pro Bowl next year, it's two first-round picks."

I don't know about you guy's, but this is way too much for him, IMO!!!

FinFanSince'80 said:

I don't think Saban trades precious draft picks for an injured (but formerly fantastic) QB with a huge & crippling cap number when he could bring in an injured but exciting young vet AND restock crucial positions with all his draft picks.

He brings in Culpepper (unless he can totally restructure that horrible contract) AND gives up a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

No way. That's just ******ed. Wannstadt/Spielman don't live here anymore.

if its so stupid than why has saban been talking to the vikings about a trade? if he had no intrest in cullpepper than why are we involved?

I'll be happy with either brees or Culpepper. But that injury brees has reminds me of chad pennington injury. I dont know how severe the injury is but it is his throwing arm I think. Either QB has issues with health. I dont know a Qb that came back from that shoulder injury and played well. Maybe someone can name one.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Are you aware that if we get Culpepper, that it will probably mean we will have Gus starting anywhere from 4-8 games next year? This team is too good to throw away the season by giving half of it to Gus.

Ya but I dont think Gus is a bad QB. I actually like his composure in the pocket.

feelthepain said:
I found this on another site and it scares the crap out of me.....

I don't know about you guy's, but this is way too much for him, IMO!!!

thats crazy! i dont mind a conditional 2nd but no 1st rounders!

On the knee thing, obviously it's a concern, but some of the doom and gloom is a bit much.

This is MIAMI.

They could cut Culpepper's leg off mid-thigh and strap the stump to the other thigh and he would STILL be more mobile than Marino was for half his years.

All up to the doctors, as far as I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom