Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 79 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mitchy71 said:
Sorry. I went for what the Vikings want for him.

Oh sure, I could have added Eddie Moore, Vernon Carey, or the tackling dummys, but I went with what they would want. Remember, this isn't a second rate QB. If his knee holds up, he is one of the best QB's in the league. And not 30+ years old either.

where did you see minn wanted zach or that he was even an option to trade. trading or cuutting zach would cost about 7 mil against the cap this year, it is not even an option

ya know this deal with culpepper, if it is indeed Saban doing it, would be pending a check on his knee to know for sure we are getting a player who can play.

i would trade 2 jet fans from our stadium, 2 bills fans, and one NE fan, only because they tend to be slightly more proffessional. Other than that, well i could always succomb to throwing in a few more jet fans.

nolefin said:
first off i want brees here but i think we might be getting cullpepper and here is why.

1. maybe saban is sticking with linehans old offense from last year so dc will feel comfortable here?

2.we have not cut frerotte, we should have already but maybe sabans thinking, keep frerotte so he can run the show until DC is ready? frerotte should have been gone days ago if he is not going to be in our plans.

3.brees is a great player but if saban is going to go with a deep passing game like last year than brees might not be who we need and his arm might not be as strong. cullpepper has a cannon for a arm and should be ready for the 06' season according to PFT.

bottom line i trust saban and if he trades for dc it will be the right move.

I agree with you on Brees, but your first point doesn't hold any water...That decision about staying with the " Miami Dolphin Offense " was made before there was any inkling about Culpepper being released/traded by Minny...and there is no way that he was going on the hope that he'd become available....

nolefin said:
if its so stupid than why has saban been talking to the vikings about a trade? if he had no intrest in cullpepper than why are we involved?

Actually, the reports have said that the Vikings iniated the trade talks...

se7ensaw said:
I think that TO would much rather play for Daunte Culpepper, than Drew Brees, and I don't think that that is arguable. If we could get TO, imagine our offense. I think that we can really improve the team through the draft, Saban has proven that. But imagine an offense with Daunte, Ronnie, Chambers, Owens, Booker, and McMichael. Talk about explosiveness. Who do you cover? What do you stop? And that's assuming that Ricky doesn't return. I know some of you will say we have more needs, but I think adding veterans like Adams and Mawae is a great way to help anyone we bring in in the draft. Getting TO for me is strictly if we add Culpepper, I think DC would put up huge numbers in Miami, even if we didn't have TO. I don't see how anyone could argue that Julian Peterson is a better signing that Terell Owens. Trust me, TO is not a stupid man, though he may seem so with quite regularity, he knows screw up again and absolutely no more big contracts, maybe not even a contract, anywhere else. I just would like some thought on this from you guys.

Yes, imagine the turmoil of our offense...TO bashing Culpepper like Moss did and causing scenes on the sidelines, eventually he'd get the itch to move on and say it's because he doesn't make enough money and.....get my point...no thanks to TO...EVER !!

dc trade

hey go check out kffl.com they have a piece on the trade and what it will probaly take for it to happen,:dolphins:

Mitchy71 said:
I am not sure myself, just wanted to see what others think.

I give a conditional draft pick.:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

That will take the Vikings out of the running for Brees then.

Back
Top Bottom