Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 78 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
dolphingator said:
I would rather have Ramsey or keep Gus than have culp. NO slash guys here. NO vick wannabes, I want a PASSER, not a glorified RB who thinks he is the whole team and cops the All About Me attitude.

I'd take Fiedler or Feeley than get a nonqb wannabe like culp or young. NO NFL team is ever winning ANYTHING that surrenders to the nonqb wannabe fad.

OK, I surrender. I'll accept even Brodie Croyle.

ANYTHING but a slash guy.

Just gonna keep going to every thread posting this nonsense?

You've been asked a dozen times and you just run away to another thread to say the same thing.

Why don't you define what you mean by "slash" guy and then tell me how that fits Culpepper.

You keep saying Culpepper can't pass even though he had one of best passing years of all time, 4700 yards, 69% comp. 39 tds.

You say Young can't pass even though he was a higher rated PASSER than Cutler OR Leinart.

And come to think of it... aren't you even the guy who has an irrational hatred of Cleo Lemon? Screaming that we should cut him to "clear cap space?" :shakeno:

we need Lienhart....I dont care what we have to do to get him.....every year since Marino we have been "settling" for 2nd hand quarterbacks.....sometimes, you just get sick of buying a thrift shops and splurge on something you know you will like.

Lienhart to Givens
Lienhart to Chambers
Lienhart to Ronnie Brown

Culpepper to the CFL
Brees goes back to surgery.
Ramsey goes to the Jets.

Great Point Death7star and even greater Becks....

I say make the MOVE that SHOULD be made at ALL freakin costs.....MOVE UP and get the QB that this franchise absolutly needs. Its a great year to pick one. I don't care if you have to send the kitchen sink. Get the damn guy already and lets get one of the most important positions in football locked up for many years. We NEED stability there. If it takes "sacrificing" another year...keep Gus but lets get our man already. Based on this years situation..two infirmary QBS and such....pull the trigger.

Who cares about TO???? I don't want Daunte anyway. He is way overated and was only good when he had guys like Moss to throw too. They let Moss go and Daunte can't get the job done that an aging Brad Johnson could get done. I would rather take Brees, other then Gates he had average guys t throw too and was still pretty damn accurate.

dolphingator said:
WE would be the ones getting stolen from with a $13-15 million cap hit, bonus and all, for a damaged old guy on the downward swing of his career while the Vikings laugh their way to Drew Brees' doorstep with pen in hand, while drafting a couple of good young players with the picks we surrender to them.

Once again Miami winds up with sloppy seconds if they pass on Brees and go for this guy. I CANNOT believe Saban could be so dumb.

Get Ramsey instead if you just ABSOLUTELY HAVE to force yourself not to spend the $$$ on Brees. NOT a guy who has seen his best years already and will never win anything.

So your tellng me we are not getting sloppy seconds with Drew Bree's? Please explain the difference and Culepepper would be cheaper

Part of me hopes its not the Fins getting Culpepper. The other part of me though says Saban wouldnt take this big of a risk if he wasnt comfortable with him. Please, dont let it be for the 1st round pick though. Please.
I dont really care for Culpepper, seems to turn the ball over too much, but if he becomes a Fin...I will be cheering him on each and every Sunday. Plus, maybe a change of scenery and coming back to the home state will make a difference, if it is Miami. We can only hope so.

I will say this for Culepepper he did not have a #1 reciever last year and had a below average running game and poor coaching. Its not all his fault. Besides I think he would be alot better with our coaching staff. Besides Mularky made Kordell Stewart look like a Pro Bowler at QB.

Culpepper and TO would be so unbelievable... I don't care if you hate TO... with us having the best QB this franchise has had since Marino's retirement... we would have an EXPLOSIVE offense. Think of all the weapons we would have... Culpepper... Ronnie Brown... TO... Chris Chambers... Marty Booker... Randy McMichael... Wes Welker... hell I don't think there's a good chance at all that it will happen. I'd say maybe a 30-40% of us getting Culpepper and maybe under 10% chance of getting TO.

I personally wanted Brees over Culpepper and did not want to give up any draft picks this year... but well both are coming over very serious injuries and I'd honestly just be happy if we can get one of them, it doesn't matter who anymore. If Culpepper goes to OAK, there's a chance Brees will go to MIN and we could end up with just Gus Frerotte and him potentially getting cut. I never wanted McNair, I don't want Ramsey, or any second rate option or a temporarily solution for a problem we have been trying to solve for about 7 years. Daunte Culpepper or Drew Brees would finally be addressing the need of QB that we have no even come close to answer since Dan has retired. I don't want to be greedy... if we could get Brees or Culpepper (healthy), I would be ecstatic.

To and Chambers....scary. However, I don't think Saban is interested in signing him now or ever.

Maybe Sabam doesn't want Culpepper or Brees. Who knows what Saban wants, he is deceptive and full of smoke screens. He could be targeting Ramsey.

Back
Top Bottom