Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 76 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That Vikingsboard site sounds more legit than the others.

Maybe now I can sleep tonight.

I would have rather have Brees, but I know that the Sabiah knows best and will make the best decision possible to enhance the odds of the phins returning to glory.

I would give a 2nd this year and a conditional 2nd next year if he plays over 8 games and has a season QB rating of 85+.

KingCrowder said:
I Agree he is a top QB. But, he is 29 and depending on when his birthday is he could be 30 by the start of/ or during the season.

He just turned 29 in late January (28th) almost February according to nfl.com. So he would obviously turn 30 during the 2007 playoffs or actually near next years superbowl.

You can show me all the stats you like, tell me all about the healing prowess of other players, minimize his character concerns all you like...

To me, the guy's just not a winner when the heat is on... Three solid seasons, three rather bad ones... Helped a 6-0 Vikings team miss the playoffs in '03 with some horrendous games, including a 6-turnover loss to goofy Oakland and that infamous loss at Arizona that ended it....

He's led his team to the playoffs twice, where he's 2-2. Winning one game, before losing horribly in the NFC title game twice. He are his playoff numbers in those championship games:

PHI (L, 27-14) 14-of-27 for 316 yds. 1 TD, 2 Int., 1 fumble
NYG (L, 41-0) 13-of-28 for 78 yds. 0 TD, 3 Int., 2 fumbles

Add to that, a major knee injury that will undoubtedly downgrade his rushing ability to some degree, and that ridiculous TD celebration?

I'll root for him, but I'm just not a fan. Surely not for even a second rounder for him and the money he'll command..

My belief, and prayer, on culpepper rumor

This is what I thought would happen for weeks. The Minnesota Vikings have EVERY intention of signing Drew Brees. They know the Dolphins were the frontrunner, so they are willing to trade Daunte to us for less than his real value in order to sign Drew Brees. Nick wanted Daunte all along. He is the prototypical Saban QB. Hes big, huge arm, deep ball throwing monster, and mobile.
Should this deal go through I would be the happiest fan in the world. I have always wanted Culpepper. I understand people were upset with his performance last year, but if Daunte returns to 2004 form the only Qb in the league better than him is peyton Manning. The AFC East has never seen a qb like Culpepper. They would have to change their gameplan every time they played us. At this point I think Culpepper will heal better than Brees. Remember this is my opinion, and respect everyones interest in Brees, as I have interest in him as well. But Culpepper fits this team better.

PhinFan0202 said:
He won't be able to play until mid season next year and when he does play he throws like 3 ints a game. Last season before he got hurt he threw 10 ints in 4 games, why would you want that to be us?

Well in 2004 he threw 39 TD'S. You wouldnt want that to be us!

I was down on getting Culpepper because he blew out his entire knee.

But after reading some posts by doctors and and people who have had injuries I now would prefer to get Culpepper over Brees, although Brees has had 2 great seasons in a rown, I think with Chambers, Booker, McMichael, Ronnie and Ricky we can't go wrong with many QB's and Culpepper would shine.

I would rather have Ramsey or keep Gus than have culp. NO slash guys here. NO vick wannabes, I want a PASSER, not a glorified RB who thinks he is the whole team and cops the All About Me attitude.

I'd take Fiedler or Feeley than get a nonqb wannabe like culp or young. NO NFL team is ever winning ANYTHING that surrenders to the nonqb wannabe fad.

OK, I surrender. I'll accept even Brodie Croyle.

ANYTHING but a slash guy.

Back
Top Bottom