Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 77 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
how many "glorified runners" throw for 4700 yards 40 touchdowns and 8 interceptions? Hes a passer, its just a perk that he is also a runner. Why not have both? What if peyton manning could scramble?

Conditional picks.

Here is my condition: if you send us Pepper, we will expect you to send us draft picks as well.

I don't want Pepper. This isn't fantasy football.

The reason the Viks want to deal Culpepper before free agency is because they know they will lose at least one suitor when Brees becomes available. That would lower the cost to get him.

I just don't see Culpepper going to Miami. All along they have talked about Brees and as he said Culpepper hasnt even been to Miami for a visit. At 29 he wont be ready till midseason he might as well be 30. What if he isnt effective for a year. He will be 31 and we might only get 2 or 3 years out of him. Plus I hate culpepper :tounge:

i hope hope hope hope hope we trade for him. Whether people agree or not this is a Superbowl piece. People say Brees is a steal, and he is. But Culpepper for a 2nd or less is a steal for real

Although you make a good point with Culp being a Saban type QB, I'm fairly certain you're wrong with your presumption that Minn wanted Brees all along. In fact look at this link http://www.vikingsboard.net/. If this is in fact true, Culp will be going to St. Louis and Minn will get Bulger in return. I for one would not mind one of 4 QB's ... in this order.

1. Brees - Gotta love the fact that he's only 27 and is supposively cleared to throw by May.
2. Culpepper - The guy is a beast and has a beautiful longball that Chambers would love to finally have. Only 29 years old and has a strong work ethic and chip on his shoulder after this past season.

Now the somewhat surprising picks
3. Kitna - Has shown that he has the potential to be a winner and would be great to have with a rookie QB developing under for a year or two.
4. Ramsey - Still young and a former 1st round pick with a nice arm. Has not fit comfortably in the Redskins system and lets be honest, he hasn't been surrounded with the kind of talent that we have in Miami. IMO he's worth a shot and if he doesn't work out this year, keep Gus to have behind him and then make a HUGE run at getting Brady Quinn from Notre Dame next year in the draft.

I have Manning as my strating qb and Rivers as my backup on my 6th season on Madden playing on All Madden level. Now thats weird. I also have cadillac as my 3rd down back. it's true, not lying. I'm good on dealing with money. :shakeno:

one thing inoticed in that article nub put up, it says the Vikes have gone after miami for a trade but miami has NOT done nething as far as goin for him or hwatever. analyze that...

Kitna is Jay Fiedler, but better, in my opinion. Ramsey is worth looking at but should not be brought here guaranteed starter. Brees is a great quarterback from the position that he manages a game and plays well when his team has the lead. But he is not a qb who can single handedly win a game for you, and cant launch deep balls. No one in the league throws a better long ball than Culpepper. But his injury is a huge concern. However, reports say his recovery is looking fantastic and that he should start this seasn. I trust Saban, but have never wanted the Dolphins to pick up anyone as much as I want them to pick up Culpepper. If we sign him tomorow it would be the best birthday ever.

WE would be the ones getting stolen from with a $13-15 million cap hit, bonus and all, for a damaged old guy on the downward swing of his career while the Vikings laugh their way to Drew Brees' doorstep with pen in hand, while drafting a couple of good young players with the picks we surrender to them.

Once again Miami winds up with sloppy seconds if they pass on Brees and go for this guy. I CANNOT believe Saban could be so dumb.

Get Ramsey instead if you just ABSOLUTELY HAVE to force yourself not to spend the $$$ on Brees. NOT a guy who has seen his best years already and will never win anything.

wow, how could saban be so dumb? Maybe he should consult with some of the members on this forum before making this trade. I mean, everything else has done has been great, but if he did this hed be an idiot, right?
No. Saban will do what is best for the Miami Dolphins. If that means Culpepper is our guy, Culpepper is our guy

Dolfan2788 said:
I was down on getting Culpepper because he blew out his entire knee.

But after reading some posts by doctors and and people who have had injuries I now would prefer to get Culpepper over Brees, although Brees has had 2 great seasons in a rown, I think with Chambers, Booker, McMichael, Ronnie and Ricky we can't go wrong with many QB's and Culpepper would shine.

Are you kidding me?? Culpepper tore every ligament in his freaking knee!! A lot of guys have a hard time coming back from an ACL tear. He tore all of his ligaments!!!! Not only did he have a bad year, he might not ever play again. People come back from ACL and MCL tears all the time, but when people blow out their entire knee, its a struggle to get back to half of what you were.

What is the number one telling stat in deciding a football game?? TURNOVERS!

Look at the numbers, Culpepper averages one INT and one FUMBLE, EVERY GAME!!! He is the last thing we need here.

look what jake plummer did when he went to the broncos. And Jake is nowhere near Culpeppers caliber.

dolphingator said:
I would rather have Ramsey or keep Gus than have culp. NO slash guys here. NO vick wannabes, I want a PASSER, not a glorified RB who thinks he is the whole team and cops the All About Me attitude.

I'd take Fiedler or Feeley than get a nonqb wannabe like culp or young. NO NFL team is ever winning ANYTHING that surrenders to the nonqb wannabe fad.

OK, I surrender. I'll accept even Brodie Croyle.

ANYTHING but a slash guy.

:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom