Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Whoa rookie! How can you say something like that and not back it up. The knee injury is MUCH more significant than that of Drew Brees' shoulder. Culpepper is out for probably half of next season and Brees will be throwing by May.

You are totally wrong here.
You are totally wrong. I tore my rotator cuff 15 years ago and still can't throw a baseball, football etc for more than 10-15 minutes without my shoulder killing me for weeks. I blew my ACL 5 years ago and the knee is now stronger than it ever has been. I think if you ask anyone who has had either injury the knee is much easier to heal and rehabilitate.

I don't like the idea of Brees at all with a serious injury to his throwing arm. Between the 2 I'd prefer Culpepper for the long term as I think Brees will continue to have problems with his arm the rest of his career.

Finsletmedown said:
ill 1 up ya
the guy cant read a defense and is not a leader

How do you throw 39 TDs with a 110 rating not reading defenses???

How is he NOT a leader when he lead so many men to an *** slapping good time as captain of the boat.

***? Miami? Culpepper was made for this gig.. Let me add he went to UCF (Central Florida) in Orlando.. He's a florida guy, point blank..
Welcome home son. Now win us one.

BgBruthaJuvi said:
http://www.vikingsboard.net/

Again, doubtful how credible this is. Just contributing. Supposedly says its DC to Rams for Bulger and a 4th.
I think it was pretty inevitable Dante would wind up with Linehan in this scenario especially considering the Rams ability to sign him due to their cap position.

hehateme said:
You are totally wrong. I tore my rotator cuff 15 years ago and still can't throw a baseball, football etc for more than 10-15 minutes without my shoulder killing me for weeks. I blew my ACL 5 years ago and the knee is now stronger than it ever has been. I think if you ask anyone who has had either injury the knee is much easier to heal and rehabilitate.

I don't like the idea of Brees at all with a serious injury to his throwing arm. Between the 2 I'd prefer Culpepper for the long term as I think Brees will continue to have problems with his arm the rest of his career.

I ruined my shoulder last year and had to have surgery....can't throw at all and can barely shoot a basketball anymore. :boohoo:

I honestly really could care less that we get Culepepper or Brees! I mean look at the last Qb's here like the great Jay Fiedler and Aj Feely and Gus Ferrote! Wow I would even be happy with Patrick Ramsey! He to me would be alot cheaper and a upgrade! I will be happy with any upgrade of the QB position

se7ensaw said:
I think that TO would much rather play for Daunte Culpepper, than Drew Brees, and I don't think that that is arguable. If we could get TO, imagine our offense. I think that we can really improve the team through the draft, Saban has proven that. But imagine an offense with Daunte, Ronnie, Chambers, Owens, Booker, and McMichael. Talk about explosiveness. Who do you cover? What do you stop? And that's assuming that Ricky doesn't return. I know some of you will say we have more needs, but I think adding veterans like Adams and Mawae is a great way to help anyone we bring in in the draft. Getting TO for me is strictly if we add Culpepper, I think DC would put up huge numbers in Miami, even if we didn't have TO. I don't see how anyone could argue that Julian Peterson is a better signing that Terell Owens. Trust me, TO is not a stupid man, though he may seem so with quite regularity, he knows screw up again and absolutely no more big contracts, maybe not even a contract, anywhere else. I just would like some thought on this from you guys.

A lot of conservative folk here huh?? lolol

I've been dreaming this for sometime myself.. I keep seeing Ty Law coming here too.. Maybe even Lavar, and Charles Woodson too. I'm amped.. I can't wait to see our new goodies. It's like Xmas in March!! Lets go shoppin!!!

ESPN is reportig on Sportscenter that TO might be heading to Dallas.

TarHeelFinFan said:
The question is who would kill the other two first among Daunte, TO, and McMichael?

I for one was really surprised at McMichaels comments about TO coming here. When McMike first came up, his whole steelo, and reason for even taking #81 was T.O. influenced. He even said it in interviews. Don't think that Saban didn't plant those comments just to throw Denver and the others off. Meanwhile Owens is shopping for homes in South Florida..

Im starting to feel giddy, cause this is exactly what we need... OH MAN.. Please let the Culpepper rumors be true..

Finsletmedown said:
ill 1 up ya
the guy cant read a defense and is not a leader
clear.gif

MiaFLSurf said:
Sorry, I guess being a full time Med Student going in to Orthopedic Surgery hasnt left me much time to post on this board all the time....

....I will say that even though he tore 3 knee ligaments, the rehab time and surgery involved in repairing and restructuringthe ACL, PCL, and MCL is easier for a QB type of athlete than a rotator cuff on the throwing shoulder.

And luckily for me, I have personal experience here as well as Ive torn my rotator cuff (TWICE), and ruptured my ACL and PCL. The rehad was SHORTER for the knee, and afterwards its STRONGER. Thats why you see people with shoulder injuries have them re-occur so often. The shoulder doesnt heal as well as the knee.

Pennington has it happen time and time again. And Id rather put our franchise on a QB that has his shoulder in good health than one that doesnt.

So please, dont throw that "rookie" crap around. I made the statement because I know the blatant medical facts. Who cares how many posts Ive made on a fan-based message board that requires you to have internet access and half a brain to navigate a web site.

Your right. I have friend who play football for San Diego State and he tore his ACL. After the surgery he said his knee ligments are stronger now then they were before. I believe he said they take muscle from your butt to to repair the ligament but I could be wrong.

midwest_phinfan said:
I think the choice is Brees and here's why. In order to get Daunte we need to trade away yet another high draft pick. I recall Saban saying how much he values draft picks. If they were both free agents then I could see Culpepper ending up here. But for the simple fact that Brees can be had for no compensation, and they are probably going to want equal money, we go after Brees.

Agreed. Great post.

Nublar7 said:
Isn't it nice that we can spend an offseason debating which Pro Bowl QB we are going to get? :lol: No more Fiedler, Feeley, or Frerotte arguments, but actual PRO BOWL Quarterbacks. :)

YES! thats what im talking about! :dolphins:

good stuff nubs. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom