Merged: David Carr | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

painnotpleasure said:
If they end up drafting Vince Young or Matt Leinart, Carr's value should decrease tremendously because they would have no choice but to get rid of him.

**cough** Like how San Diego had to cut Drew Brees a couple of years ago after Rivers came to town? :goof:

Maybe they'd pull a San Diego and keep both QB's.

Rumor Mill: Texans to trade Carr to Miami for Williams

Local news in Houston is reporting a rumored 'leak' that the Houston Texans are considering trading David Carr to the Dolphins for Ricky Williams and a draft pick (likely a 2nd round pick).

Looks like the Texans are counting on Vince Young to enter the draft so that they can pick him. Stay tuned :eek:

You're gonna get flamed for this, even though it may be true ,which I doubt. But after press coverage you never know.

So it would be Williams and a 2nd round pick for Carr? We are getting ripped off, if this is true.

Yeah, that's a load of crap. (I'm willing to eat crow if proven wrong).

Texans have Davis already and can draft Bush. But they're going to trade for Ricky?

and :rofl: @ (draft pick likely a 2nd rounder). Unless you mean the Texans are giving the Dolphins the pick.

DolphinDave said:
Local news in Houston is reporting a rumored 'leak' that the Houston Texans are considering trading David Carr to the Dolphins for Ricky Williams and a draft pick (likely a 2nd round pick).

Looks like the Texans are counting on Vince Young to enter the draft so that they can pick him. Stay tuned :eek:

Wow! Although I loved what Williams did in his return, I like this trade. Carr is still young and I think he can be a very good QB on the right team. Houston had a terrible OL which would make any QB look bad. This will be a fun rumor to watch...

byroan said:
Yeah, that's a load of crap. (I'm willing to eat crow if proven wrong).

Texans have Davis already and can draft Bush. But they're going to trade for Ricky?

and :rofl: @ (draft pick likely a 2nd rounder). Unless you mean the Texans are giving the Dolphins the pick.

Not to mention the salary situation. If the Texans weren't sitting at first overall or if Bush wasn't declaring, then this would seem a little more possible.

Thats not bad at all though a 2nd rd with Rw is a bit much. If it were a 3rd or 4th id say no brainer cause as much as I love Rw on the Phins, Rb's are a dime a dozen compared to QB's with potential to be very very good.

The 1 season the Texans kept Carr upright (less then 50 sacks) the team won 8 games even with that sad sack lack of talent around him. But there's no qb going to win games getting sacked 60-75x every year like Carr has every year but 1.

The one part of the deal which I wonder about is that Saban has talked about the benefits of a 2 back system and now suddenly he's looking to deal Ricky? I wish there was some kind of link

I like Carr, but we would be getting the short end of the deal if it's for Ricky and a 2nd (maybe a 4th or a vet??)

Hmm..I dont think Ricky and a 2nd is a fair trade. Ricky is a proven star, just unstable at times. Carr on the other hand has yet to prove really much of anything.(But I wouldnt mind seeing him here. Im would be for this trade, but the Texans would have to give up a pick as well. Maybe swap 2nds and they can have our third??

this was posted on our board too this evening.....we have no reason to believe it's true yet though. :shakeno:

khari said:
this was posted on our board too this evening.....we have no reason to believe it's true yet though. :shakeno:

Was it by a one poster too?

he had two posts on our board tonight.... and was deleted because his/her username was against the rules....

Back
Top Bottom