Merged: Deflategate report | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Deflategate report

Csn new england but they were speculating...the media there seems to think that the punishment will be finalized after a negotiation...krafts influence
Pathetic and unsurprising. Wonder how many other teams get to negotiate their own punishment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pathetic and unsurprising. Wonder how many other teams get to negotiate their own punishment...

just curious on these thoughts in my head right now.... not sure because i do not know officially or well into this topic... maybe you guys can help

but....... think on other corporations or businesses that may have situations or branches that may thrive much more, bring in more money, more attention, etc... do they get less penalized? do they get more le-way (however you spell it)? do their more or less "illegal" or "unprofessional" actions get swept under the carpet more???

just thoughts... not saying or bringing anything up.... i am just thinking overall business and corporation capital America!!!

if any of that makes sense at least... :tongue:

Negotiate what? Should be no negotiating whatsoever. That cheesemaking owner needs to shut his pie hole.

I'm choosing to give the NFL the benefit of the doubt on this. The negotiation is probably a choice. I hope it's a choice between Bill Belichick being suspended or losing next year's early draft picks.

As it stands, the rumors all sound like half the penalty the Patriots should face for 7 seasons of proven cheating.

I don't understand how you negotiate anything when it comes to integrity of the game...of course they will never tell us that there was any negotiations

Watching Outside the Lines.

Guests feel Commish has no choice but to rain down on the Patriots. They feel SpyGate adds fuel to the fire.

They feel something similar to what the Saints received will come down.

Loss of 2016 and 2017 2nd round picks.

$500,000 fine.

Possible year suspensions for Bilicheat and Brady. Suspensions for GM's etc.

I know most of us feel Commish is Krafts lap dog but this one could get nasty. Zero cooperation from Kraft or Bilicheat or Brady.

Guests feel Commish has no choice but to rain down on the Patriots. They feel SpyGate adds fuel to the fire.

$500,000 fine.

I know most of us feel Commish is Krafts lap dog but this one could get nasty. Zero cooperation from Kraft or Bilicheat or Brady.

I hope they're right. I can't see it being any other way, but I also don't have too much faith in Goodell.

$500,000 fine.

This would be the punishment I'm looking for. But I doubt we get it.

This would be the punishment I'm looking for. But I doubt we get it.

We must keep expecting it. I think this goes well beyond the Commish and Kraft. I think the owners of all the other teams are making their voices heard. It's hard to invest $$$$ in a team in this league if you think there's such incredible favoritism toward one owner that his team will just win and win and win. Other owners in the league want a level playing field. I'm hopeful that rest of the teams in the NFL are banding together in applying pressure to end this thing.

$500,000 fine.

Why would it be any different now than it was with Spygate? Burning evidence, disregarding other evidence - what should have been a complete scandal with disqualifications and vacating Superbowl wins became an afterthought with a meek little punishment and the 'successful' introduction of "others do it too' as a standard excuse.

I think the fear of the general public that the game is tainted and the disbelieve that such things can happen in this country will make it very easy for Goodell and Kraft to hammer out a deal which somewhat pleases the majority. Those of us who think 'enough is enough' and hope for severe sanctions will be placed in the 'jealousy' category.

Kraft was essential in getting Goodell $40 million + yearly salary. He will not drop the hammer on Kraft and the Pats. Plus any major punishment would be admitting that the Patriots would have cheated consistently over time with the knowledge of Brady and possible Belichek and that should automatically lead to sanctions such as loss of wins etc. Severe punishments will be like Pandora's Box. As a matter of fact if I would be an owner and the Pats get severe punishments I would contest any game my team would have lost in the last few years to the Pats.

$500,000 fine.

Now thats what im talking about...a punishment that fits the crime

We must keep expecting it. I think this goes well beyond the Commish and Kraft. I think the owners of all the other teams are making their voices heard. It's hard to invest $$$$ in a team in this league if you think there's such incredible favoritism toward one owner that his team will just win and win and win. Other owners in the league want a level playing field. I'm hopeful that rest of the teams in the NFL are banding together in applying pressure to end this thing.

I haven't heard any owner yet. One of the reasons they keep quiet is the same reason they kept quiet during Spygate: money. The only way to protect their investment is to keep things as is. Any uproar or loss of integrity of the NFL will lead to losses in the checking accounts.

it'll be interesting to see what happens. Thing is Goddell doesn't have a high approval rating right now, and he did use the phrase "ignorance isn't an excuse" when punishing the Saints. So whether you think the whole issue is overblown or not (combined with this being the 2nd time the Pats got caught cheating) Goddell really can't go light.

I haven't heard any owner yet. One of the reasons they keep quiet is the same reason they kept quiet during Spygate: money. The only way to protect their investment is to keep things as is. Any uproar or loss of integrity of the NFL will lead to losses in the checking accounts.

Money has ruined sports.

What I mean to say is that the owners must be speaking up behind closed doors. The integrity of the NFL is already in jeopardy. Goodell will face a ton of heat from the rest of the league owners if he botches this.

Back
Top Bottom