Merged: Dolphins | L. Booker impressing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins | L. Booker impressing

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins | L. Booker impressing
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:55:12 -0700
Andy Kent, of MiamiDolphins.com, reports Miami Dolphins rookie RB Lorenzo Booker said he has spent time watching film on Atlanta Falcons RB Warrick Dunn, who he likes to compare himself to. He feels that size and weight doesn't matter. Booker measures in at 5-10 and 191 pounds but noted: "You don't have to be 230 pounds to carry the ball 20-25 times." He feels he was under utilized at Florida State and is willing to do whatever the coaching staff asks him to do. He said he is not only learning running back, he is also learning fullback because there will be times he is on the field at the same time as RB Ronnie Brown. His intelligence on the field has impressed head coach Cam Cameron, as he is able to pick things up quickly.

i just got back from training camp and booker made some ridiculous moves. I cant wait to see him juke out opposing teams.

I personally feel like we are gonna see this kid all over the field......

Anybody who attended the afternoon TC knows what' im talking about. Booker was making quick cuts and making his defender look like a fool several times. He showed great ability to get open and then run after the play, he looked really confident. I could tell the heat was getting to him because he was on one knee by the end of the practice. This guy has the moves and he made everybody get up and cheer.

I like the sound of Ronnie and Lorenzo on the field at the same time. I can see that counter pitch coming with Booker one-on-one against a LB. It will be great to see Lorenzo juke the LB out of his shoes.

Anybody who attended the afternoon TC knows what' im talking about. Booker was making quick cuts and making his defender look like a fool several times. He showed great ability to get open and then run after the play, he looked really confident. I could tell the heat was getting to him because he was on one knee by the end of the practice. This guy has the moves and he made everybody get up and cheer.

Thats odd, I'd figure it would be hot at FSU as well.

yea me too. Maybe it wasn't a big deal, I just noticed that nearing the end of the practice he was one of the players on one knee. I also noticed Zach thomas on one knee too and he's been in south florida for a while ... Maybe he was just taking a quick breather.

Little Barry Sanders in him it sounds. I too like the sounds of Booker/Brown combo. We are going to see alot of different sets people. 4 WR sets and FB sets and Booker/Brown. NICE!!!!

Cam is gonna have to find ways to get the ball in the hands of Ginn and Booker and let them make plays. Creative ways because both are undersized.

I hope this turns out to be the best draft class in NFL History.

I hope this turns out to be the best draft class in NFL History.

They'll have to go a ways to beat the 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers draft. Four players from that draft are in the Hall of Fame.

Being a diehard Seminole fan I can believe it, after reading about their spring practice and their off season program, it's been made very clear by the returning players and the media in Tally that they were never worked very hard in the off season and practices the last several years and it showed on the field, I'm so glad they had a coaching purge over there as well.

Take it from someone who has spent summer in Tallahassee... its actually WORSE up there in the dead of summer because there is no breeze off the ocean... Im sure Lorenzo is plenty used to it, and he was just tired.

Back
Top Bottom