Merged: Dolphins | L. Booker impressing | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins | L. Booker impressing

I lived there for 12 years an dude...July/August in Tallahassee is absolute hell. It is so humid and like the other guy said...no breeze, its literally the most hellish atmosphere ive ever experienced...and i think im moving back before the new year, lol...:cooldude:

I'm up here right now taking summer classes. Yeah it's extremely hot but went i went down to visit home a couple of weeks ago it was much more hot because of the humidity. There probably is alot of humidity in Tallahassee but at least for me when i went back to South Florida it seemed alot hotter.

I am looking forward to seeing Booker in preseason. Won't mind seeing some speed out of that backfield.

Good to have some speed on the team and a coach that can scheme to take advantage of it.

Dolphins | L. Booker impressing
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:55:12 -0700
Andy Kent, of MiamiDolphins.com, reports Miami Dolphins rookie RB Lorenzo Booker said he has spent time watching film on Atlanta Falcons RB Warrick Dunn, who he likes to compare himself to. He feels that size and weight doesn't matter. Booker measures in at 5-10 and 191 pounds but noted: "You don't have to be 230 pounds to carry the ball 20-25 times." He feels he was under utilized at Florida State and is willing to do whatever the coaching staff asks him to do. He said he is not only learning running back, he is also learning fullback because there will be times he is on the field at the same time as RB Ronnie Brown. His intelligence on the field has impressed head coach Cam Cameron, as he is able to pick things up quickly.

Booker, despite some riduclous reports to the contrary, is also very strong.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1164&CID=437980

"
187765-1.jpg
spacer1-1.gif
Warchant.com
spacer1-1.gif
Booker is thrilled to have his title back.Booker, who is known more for his shiftiness and speed than for his ability to pump iron, claimed the top spot by maxing out with a 371-pound bench press, a 490-pound squat and a hang-clean of 358 pounds.

"He's a very gifted individual," strength and conditioning coach Jon Jost said. "He came in and he did an outstanding job. He is pound-for-pound the strongest person on our team".

GO PHINS~!

I'm up here right now taking summer classes. Yeah it's extremely hot but went i went down to visit home a couple of weeks ago it was much more hot because of the humidity. There probably is alot of humidity in Tallahassee but at least for me when i went back to South Florida it seemed alot hotter.

Maybe you are getting lucky then my friend because for the 3 summers I spent in Tally when i was in school, it reached over 100 + humidity with regularity in July/August. Down here as you know it can feel over 100 with the humidity, but the mercury itself never touches 100. Sorry to everyone else, I dont mean for this to be weather.com, but just droppin some knowledge LOL

Booker is going to be one of the main reason's I'll watch the 2nd halves of our preseason games as hard as when the starters are in.

hes gonna be like leon was to the jets, but BETTER imo. i remember leon killed us last year. now we have a guy with burners to make big runs late in the game

Lorrenzo Booker: been there dunn that;sunday training camp notes

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5274 There have been smaller, change-of-pace running backs in Miami before, but Dolphins rookie Lorenzo Booker is looking to shatter the stereotype many fans and some coaches have adopted concerning how effective a player of his stature can be.

Yes, Booker went to the same school as Travis Minor, another Florida State alum who showed flashes of brilliance over his six seasons with the Dolphins but was used sparingly. But the 5-foot-10, 191-pound Booker likes to compare himself to a more successful ex-Seminole, running back Warrick Dunn of the Atlanta Falcons. "Like Warrick I've never been hurt before, hopefully it stays that way, and you don't have to be 230 pounds to carry the ball 20-25 times. He did a great job in letting people know that size and weight doesn't matter."

I have beard a lot about this kid. I cant wait to see him play. Sounds like a cross between Stradford and Davenport, this guy could be awesome.

Edit---****, the B and H keys have moved by themselves on my keyboard :cooldude:

Well, hopefully we can give the kid an OL to protect him. Dunn never got hurt in TB, but once he got to Atlanta (with their crappy OL) he's been hurt and out having surgeries. I would really like to see some elusiveness from our backfield.

Zach is funny....

At the end of one of the running plays, linebacker Zach Thomas threw running back Ray Perkins to the ground, and after Perkins jumped to his feet to see who it was who had done that, he trotted the other way. Thomas then pointed to tight end Aaron Halterman and gave him a little warning with his index finger

Well, hopefully we can give the kid an OL to protect him. Dunn never got hurt in TB, but once he got to Atlanta (with their crappy OL) he's been hurt and out having surgeries. I would really like to see some elusiveness from our backfield.

wait wait...when did tampa have a good oline? (ive been born and raised here in tampa i don't recall one time)

Back
Top Bottom