Merged:Dolphins Offseason Overview On Espn Today/ Dolphins offseason overview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Dolphins Offseason Overview On Espn Today/ Dolphins offseason overview

DolFinatic718

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Dolphins Offseason Overview On Espn Today

Go Check It Out On Espn.com
They Did The Jets And Bills Already, The Pats Are The Last Tomorrow

New England Fin said:
haha - sorry I thought I read ESPN, instead of ESPN.com.
Actually for some reason ESPN.com still has not posted it, so that is actually a good question!

I'll read it, but I'm not exactly looking forward to it, given that ESPN's pundits have given clues throughout the offseason that they're not convinced our overhauls are positive.

Read the Jets and Bills' summaries. They are pretty harsh except at one point they mention in the Jets summary that the fact that the Dolphins and Bills didn't make any improvement might open the door for the Jets to get a playoff berth.

Seems like they'll be taking the attitude that the Phins and Jets will be neck and neck for 2nd in the AFC East and a playoff berth...and thats nothing more than expected to be honest.

I personally think the Phins and Jets will be more like neck and neck with the Patriots for 1st in the division. I don't believe teams repeat, no matter how good the Pats look now with Wilfork (who is, after all, a rookie), Dillon (the malcontent), and Roosevelt Colvin coming back from injury. Brady makes the clutch play but I think his OL situation dictates that he won't be IN those clutch situations often enough to take advantage (or perhaps its too often to take advantage, since they will be against the ropes enough that most plays will seem like clutch plays).

The WR corp is getting worst with every year of tread Troy Brown wears on, and the OL is a bit shakey if you ask me...and not only that every team that faces them will be looking to take shots on the "dominant team" of the past 3 years. Its going to wear on the Pats. They'll struggle to make the playoffs. This is not an era where teams can build a lasting dominance. This is an era where teams build a competitive edge which flees them as quickly as it came to them.

Also, Richard Seymour the poor guy...I wonder if he even wants to play football anymore. I've heard that his father's death is wearing on him the same way Michael Jordan's father's death wore on him. For Richard's sake I hope thats not true. He's dominant, and he can make a lot of money in this league the way he plays.

ESPN: Dolphins offseason overview

With everything that's gone on this offseason, Miami will be relieved to step on the field in September. If the Dolphins are unable to sign Ogunleye, the once reliable defense will take a major hit, putting more pressure on an offense that has had little success as of late outside of Williams.

If a 10-6 record (last year's mark) can't get you in the playoffs, then what will? With New England once again the preseason division favorite and the New York Jets having a healthy Chad Pennington, Miami might once again find itself the odd-man out in the playoff race.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/story?page=overview/dolphins2004

Did you notice that the article was written by an intern?

I would not go as far as to call them tools, but I will say I definitely do not agree with their opinions. Yes there is a chance we don't make the playoffs. I really hope we do, but there is a chance... However, there is no way that the JETS make the playoffs over us!

am I the only person who thinks that the jets problems last year wasn't only the quarterback

Back
Top Bottom