Merged:Dolphins Offseason Overview On Espn Today/ Dolphins offseason overview | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Dolphins Offseason Overview On Espn Today/ Dolphins offseason overview

I really do not see the Jets there this year... they need to get more help for their d still. Notice that the Jets' article and the Phins one were both written by an intern!

Just read it. ....Might be the odd man out! How? To who? The Jets!? I forgot that Chad could strap the Jets on his back and take them to the promised land! What a joke! ESPN is such garbage, that's why they outsource people like Scouts, Inc. cause nobody in the building knows what the hell is going on. BTW did you guys know Disney owns ESPN? Guess that kinda explains some of it.:fire:

It sounds as if the guys as ESPN like the NY Jets to finish 2nd in the AFC East behind New England.... :(

One thing I'm glad I didn't read was negativity towards the revamped OL. They didn't list it as a weakness, which makes me alittle more comfortable...

O-GUN holding out would be damaging, but I think they're overestimating the overall effect of losing him. He's just your average DE, he's not B. Smith or R. White. Besides, DE's D. Bowens / J. Williams can get to the QB as well....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Just read it. ....Might be the odd man out! How? To who? The Jets!? I forgot that Chad could strap the Jets on his back and take them to the promised land! What a joke! ESPN is such garbage, that's why they outsource people like Scouts, Inc. cause nobody in the building knows what the hell is going on. BTW did you guys know Disney owns ESPN? Guess that kinda explains some of it.:fire:

Yeah I knew they owned ESPN. I learned it at the ESPN Zone. I was waiting to watch a game one sunday (might have been the overtime :cry: against NE) and I ordered a Red Bull and vodka (liquid cocaine). The bartender turned to me, laughed and told me no place owned by disney was gonna sell red bull :roflmao: . Anyway ESPN writers suck. I will take Rich Eisen and NFL network over Burman (the niner and Bill honk) and ESPN anyday.

Our review is written by a male model who thinks we couldn't sway anyone to become the GM here...:shakeno:

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
am I the only person who thinks that the jets problems last year wasn't only the quarterback

No kidding. They had the slowest defense in the NFL last year. They didn't get either Winfield or Abraham in free agency, so I don't see them improving much just because they let go several old defensive guys. I expect Buffalo to compete with Miami much more than the JETS.

clear.gif

wow that article is really WRONG

how is chad pennington going to help the jets make the playoffs i mean cmon they couldnt even beat the "10-6 playoff missings fins" last year??

Yeah I mean I thought they had some good points. If we lose a game, people will point to the tumultuous offseason. If we win, they'll undoubtedly point to the addition of Boston (and probably Feeley, given he wins the starting job).

Thing is, the biggest issues for the Dolphins this season are ones that this writer didn't even touch...the offensive line (notably Wade Smith and Vernon Carey) and the offensive coordinator. Forget the McMichael thing, he won't even be charged. Forget the Marino thing, he wasn't even here 3 weeks, so how could we miss him? That hiring took everyone by surprise to begin with. Forget that statement about being unable to convince other front office folks to be our GM (because its just plain not true). Junior Seau's gay remarks? Puhleez. Did his "fried chicken and watermelon" remark have an adverse effect on the team? Is THAT why we didn't make the playoffs?

So anyway I would rank the following issues of importance that could hurt the Dolphins...

1. QB
2. Offensive Coordinator
3. OL
4. Ogunleye

And I also think the Jets had more problems than just Chad's health, but thats why they shed all that defensive pile of poop in the form of Cottrell, Marvin Jones, Aaron Beasley, and Sam Garnes.

At the very least though they have an alright team runningback situation with Martin and Jordan, and McCareins is a decent if not spectacular 2nd WR behind Moss, with Chrebet playing the slot I mean thats not bad ya gotta admit. Eric Barton and Jonathon Vilma are solid pickups in that LB corp...probably better than Jones and Lewis, even though I think Cowart is still a drag on the group. Victor Hobson may continue to grow the way we hoped Eddie Moore would. The laughable pickups to me were that CB Barrett and that safety Reggie Tongue. Nothing against Tongue he use to be good but he's no John Lynch, and Barrett isn't even CLOSE to an Antoine Winfield. I mean, heck, between Barrett and Howard I would take Howard and all we expect him to do is hold down the nickel CB job until Will Poole takes it from him...yet Barrett's going to start. They better roll over some safety help lemme tell ya.

Still, the defense was going nowhere and they took steps to start over. There's a decent chance the D will be just as good or better than last year, and the offense with Pennington healthy (perhaps, lets see if he stays healthy) and the addition of McCareins (who I'd take over Conway lets be honest here) I guess the Jets could be improved enough to give us a run for our money.

Yeah so anyways that overview sucked. It's all hype anyways. It's only natural that everyone thinks the current wworld champion is all roses and sunshine until they start losing games. Then they'll be all over New England like two dollar whores.

I say the Phins deserve a little more optimism. They are supposed to be ranking the team from a football standpoint not a Public Relations standpoint. Flat out, the Phins have gone out in the offseason and worked very hard to add some players who were better than the players they replaced. I agree with all of their moves and would think that the "World Leader in Sports" should have heralded their moves a bit more.

I say the Phins read all of this stuff and let them get good and fired up. I want this whole team playing with a chip on it's shoulder during the upcoming season. Play p!ssed boys. They're disrespecting you! Nothing less than an AFC Championship should douse the fires of discontent in the '04 Dolphins!

I'm booking my hotel room in Jacksonville today baby!

It seems to me now a days most of the writters over at ESPN are from New York. :shakeno:

I wouldn't get worked up over a prediction from Jet fans over at ESPN. :cool:

Don't listen to ESPN, they have their lips firmly planted on the a@#es of a handful of teams (NE, Indy, Tenn, etc.). Everybody else is a longshot to unseat their favorites. It happens every year.

Back
Top Bottom