Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

I am no expert, but this trade sucks IMO. We traded a second round pick, and a guy who has started the last 2 years, played hurt, hasn't missed a game for a 6th and to move up in the 4th? I am not getting it. The guy was a good back up at the very least. Maybe we needed to move someone to sign someone else, who knows, but I am not impressed with this one.

I just don't get it. They could have tried to build up Satele into their guy, he's young, younger than Murphy whom they let sit on the bench while they scrambled to sign anyone to backup our center/guard positions last season. He's smart and seemingly has tools to be successful, but they rather have that extra 6th round draft choice I guess. Maybe they think we might be needing another running back or two in the 6th round again this year.

man what is so hard to understand...they just didnt like him enough to keep him...they acquired more draft assets...they have grove and berger...what else is there to say??? didnt people see it coming when al johnson who is no longer with the team, took his center spot??? i mean, i know hes a former two, but seriously folks, was he really all that???

are you kidding me dude ? you're talking about points but the number of picks is the same range you gave than mine, you simply put out information to your advantage lol

28 to 48...this makes it from the 124th pick to the 161st, which is a 37 player range, woopdy****ingdoo, you were 3 players under my 40 player range. Get lost. I overrated him, you underrated him, we were both close, what's the big deal, if i'm a homer because of that, i guess that makes you a hater.

firstly your range is 52 players

secondly, you were way off the "value" of the player

if you didn't crow about the "value" of what we got, then I wouldn't have had to embarass you like that

I just don't get it. They could have tried to build up Satele into their guy, he's young, younger than Murphy whom they let sit on the bench while they scrambled to sign anyone to backup our center/guard positions last season. He's smart and seemingly has tools to be successful, but they rather have that extra 6th round draft choice I guess. Maybe they think we might be needing another running back or two in the 6th round again this year.
We didn't have a 6th round pick this year, so it isn't an "extra" 6th round pick. They filled the big gap that would have been there between round 5 and 7.

With that said, I am sad that we only got a 6th round pick for him. Of course the swap of 4th round picks is nice.

Satele didn't fit their mold as a center, so trading him wasn't that surprising. He was greatly over matched when he faced the league's best nose tackles. Grove, while he does have an injury history, is better suited as that power center they envisioned from day one. Grove is a talented player, he just needs to stay healthy.

I would have liked to have kept Satele for depth along the line, but it appears they are comfortable with Alleman and Berger and possibly a mid round draft pick as center depth. Perhaps they feel like they can hit on another Donald Thomas in the 6th round. If they can do that, then the trade would prove wise.

Another thing with accumulating late round draft picks, is that it gives them ammo to move up in the draft. That extra 6th round pick could be the difference between landing Rey Maualuga or James Laurinaitis.

I do want to say that according to the draft value chart, the 6th round pick and the 4th round swap equal Miami getting a late round 4th round pick. So, you can look at this as a trade that sent Satele to Oakland for a late 4th round pick. Would you consider it worth it then?

funny how everybody loved a healthy satele his rookie year and are jumping off the bandwagon after his second year that was marred by an injury. oh well i wish him luck and hope that grove is worth a ****

I do want to say that according to the draft value chart, the 6th round pick and the 4th round swap equal Miami getting a late round 4th round pick. So, you can look at this as a trade that sent Satele to Oakland for a late 4th round pick. Would you consider it worth it then?

SIGH... yeah.... but its not as good as (2) 4th rounders... It is what it is, its almost a good deal for both teams.

Holy Crap! Satelle was better than a 6th and a 4th swap...Horrible Trade Tuna!!!

I'd rather have a 2 year vet as a backup than trading him for a 6th rounder. Unless they are planning a huge aquisition and need cap space to do it (Peppers) I can't think of another reason to risk this. So Unless that's the deal...I Say BOOOOOO to you Tuna, Ireland & Sparano!! YOU MONKEY's!

Watch Satelle go off in Oakland now...so what did we end up with for the Welker trade..."A GOOD SCREWING!"

PLUS.....I HATE THE RAIDERS TOO!!!!

funny how everybody loved a healthy satele his rookie year and are jumping off the bandwagon after his second year that was marred by an injury. oh well i wish him luck and hope that grove is worth a ****

some are, but as I've said I see it for what it is. Satale has the size to be a power center, but that's not his style. His strength is pulling. In Cam Cameron's offense that's great, but Sparano doesn't really want to use the center on pulls as much.

I hold no ill-will towards Sammy, I like him and think he's a great player. He was just drafted for one system, and didn't fit the new one.

all the haters are calling it a trade for a 6th

I really like the 4th round swap

mark my words, there is gonna be a guy that we really like in round 4 and now our odds of getting him are greatly improved

or what if we parlay the 4th into a 3rd?

a first, 2 seconds and 2 thirds? maybe that would turn those frowns upside down

even Florio is taking this "well we spent a 2nd on him" stance

you are a fool to let what you paid for a guy dictate his value

should the Patriots trade Brady for a 6th?

Great deal for an average player that didnt fit our needs as a team. Now if we can only get a sucker to give a 7th round draft pick for Beck we will be in business

Thats all we get is a swap of a 4th round draft pick and a 6th round pick? thats crap, the chances of landing a legit starter in the 4th or 6th round are slim to done. Samson Satele was worth a 2nd round pick or at least a 3rd round. Another wasted draft pick from the Cam Cam era!

Back
Top Bottom