Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

While I loved his heart and grit. Satele is way TOO SMALL with Alligator ARMS in the AFC. Wilfork, Ngata are the main two who showed his weaknesses, and Jenkins and Stroud were no pushovers. Even if you put Satele at guard....he still remains too small for the POWER RUNNING GAME this FO is striving for.
Just look at the Oline men of the previous stops of BP. Big Strong and forward pushing....Satele was none of those.

Yeah, I would've liked to have received a bit more. If they had done the deal BEFORE signing Oakland's old C, then maybe they would have had a slightly stronger bargaining position. Oh well, it is what it is.

I'm happy to hear about the 4th round swap though... Until reading that, I thought it was just a 6th round pick for compensation.

I think its a nice trade, people seem to forget that our FO finds so many jewels in the later rounds and wants extra picks. For a supposed second string player we will acquire two young players in places of need. Depth-wise I see us acquiring even more draft picks in the next few weeks in order to address the departure of Satele.

:sidelol: Satele BLOWS.

The people who were steamed over this deal are hillarious. We have ZERO need for that bum.

We totally fleeced the faiders on this deal. Hell anything better than a 7th round pick for him was a fleece job. We moved up in round 4 and got a 6th rounder. Thats great value for a player we had no need for anymore.

We had our starting C signed through FA. Anyone who bought the hype that Satele couldve played some RG was just kidding themselves. That was all smoke and mirrors bs. The plan was to trade him all along.

Satele would have played LG and not RG if he was to play G.Your left G is your pulling G and Satele would be good at playing the pulling G.

Satele would have played LG and not RG if he was to play G.Your left G is your pulling G and Satele would be good at playing the pulling G.

Apparently not to Sparano and Parcells, he was expendable to them which makes satele expendable to me.

its not that bad of a trade. He doesn't fit our system, even as a backup G or C. He's too small and great for a zone blocking scheme.. It will make us look dumb since he will probably wind up a good starter and might never miss a game in 10 years... We can only hope Grove improves the running game. If we can run up the middle, then it's a good trade. No doubt we will be getting a 3rd round prospect in the beginning of 4th round, maybe we get cody brown or sidbury, maybe it's trade up bait..

i never understood why people think Satele would be that great at guard.

now we will get a better value 4th round pick and last year in 6th round we got Dthomas. Their 6th rounder is earlier than that, so maybe we can get another solid player..

I'm not disapointed, and i hope Satele thrives in a different system, he gave it his best here in Miami, he was simply just too small

i dont like it , satele had versatility , he is young and has the heart of a champion , you dont get ride of playors like that for that trade

Lots of sides to this thread and easily understood. Bill P and company "probably" would have never picked a Zach Thomas or a Jason Taylor because they did not fit their model football player prototype. Does Parcell opinion make Jason and Zach any less of a football play absolutly not but it does mean those guys just do not fit Bill P schemes. I think much of the critism in this thread and a point I have brought up many times of Bill and Co in the past is they overlook a awful lot of good football players in their process and pick up some extra baggage in terms of gambling on injured players that fit their prototype and in some cases players that just do not work out at all. Right now 3/5 ths of our offensive line starters for next year are on IR and thats a fact.

Apparently not to Sparano and Parcells, he was expendable to them which makes satele expendable to me.

I guess every move the front office makes is fine with you.I take it you love the Wilford move and the signing of Torbor who is a back up making $2mill.Two horrible signings the front office has made.

Thats not good enough! Samson has some love here on finheaven. On finheaven he was worth a 3rd. In the NFl he was worth what we got for him.
Didn't New England give up a fourth round pick for
Randy Moss and you bring up a great point that some
people expected a third for SS...PLEASE
There is no way on gods green earth that SS was worth a third round draft pick...We did great with the whole scenerio and to think some people are still not satisfied!

You people have been around such incompetence with this organization for a long period of time that negativity becomes a way of life...this has to stop!

i personally would have liked that second back. at least a third and i wouldn't feel that bad. i guess the trade works out to be a fourth, which i don't think is good value for us.

but if that fourth ends up being jasper brinkley, i'll be happy.

Sometime players are drafted higher than they actually should be which in turn drops their value. It happens all the time. There is no written rule that because a guy is drafted in the 2nd round that he should stay with that value while he is in the league. :chuckle:

Explanation: Satele was drafted way too high and traded for good compensation.

Back
Top Bottom