Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

Minnesota not only lost Birk but Childress has said he wants to bring another QB into camp.

Minnesota would also have nothing to lose really in trading places with the Dolphins in the 1st round as they don't share the same interests in draft picks with either of the two teams between us.

I could see Satele and Beck and maybe our 5th and 7th for Minnesota's 2nd rounder and trade places in the 1st round. That way the Dolphins will pick ahead of NE in the 1st round.

this would be nice

idk if beck has much value though.

Teams saw him and know we drafted a qb in the second round the year after he was drafted in the second round. He is our third stringer and may actually be more valuable as our 3rd stringer who knows the system rather than trading him, unless a deal like him paired with a pick can yiel a 3rd rounder or better

We officially traded away Wes Welker for nothing. We recieved a 2nd round pick that we used on Samson Satele and a 7th round pick that we used on Abe Wright. Niether are with our team anymore. We definetly got the ***tty end of that deal.

Remember Samson had to have shoulder surgery after the 2008 season ended. He played several games with the injury. He might have had more damage than first expected! I give him props on toughness but our schemes just did not work with him.

Sometime players are drafted higher than they actually should be which in turn drops their value. It happens all the time. There is no written rule that because a guy is drafted in the 2nd round that he should stay with that value while he is in the league. :chuckle:

Explanation: Satele was drafted way too high and traded for good compensation.

that seems to be the word on the street. you do see where i'm coming from though, right? the guy has started since day 1, has not been injured, has high character (i would assume b/c i've never heard anything bad about him), and has a tiny contract. if the raiders are planning on using him as a starter, why would we not want to get the same value back than what he cost? i get what you and everyone else are saying - but just b/c he no longer fits what we want to do doesn't mean he won't fit there perfectly. and it was the raiders - salt in the wound.

samson satele.. trade

this is probably going to be merged. but i just read on the oakland forum that we obviously traded samson for a 6th round pick.. but the picks we swapped were there 4th round pick for our 4th round pick.. just to let everyone know its not disclosed in oakland lol i guess there not embarrassed

We officially traded away Wes Welker for nothing. We recieved a 2nd round pick that we used on Samson Satele and a 7th round pick that we used on Abe Wright. Niether are with our team anymore. We definetly got the ***tty end of that deal.
We now have a non-****y team first black version of wes welker with dreads. I'd rather have bess whom is younger and looks more promising and has shows glimpses of top end speed, something welker lacked. Also good trade, lets make use of that pick.

a 40 player range in a 225 player draft is not that large if you ask me, especially since there's 32 teams and you'd have to at least get that span to cover all the possibilities.

i'm not saying i'm good or anything, i'm just answering to your homerheaven post, which in my mind is insulting, inaccurate and not backed up by your own thought on the subject.

i'm happy with the trade, i hope/guess you are. let's keep it that way

looking at the chart you said that SS was worth from 380 to 86

I said 43 to 28 was his worth

we got about 60 points for him and you are crowing about it?

whatever

that seems to be the word on the street. you do see where i'm coming from though, right? the guy has started since day 1, has not been injured, has high character (i would assume b/c i've never heard anything bad about him), and has a tiny contract. if the raiders are planning on using him as a starter, why would we not want to get the same value back than what he cost? i get what you and everyone else are saying - but just b/c he no longer fits what we want to do doesn't mean he won't fit there perfectly. and it was the raiders - salt in the wound.

I totally understand where you are coming from and at first didn't know how I felt about the trade because of the non injury/starter factor. (He did play through an injury and stayed on the field).

I really thought they would keep him for depth. He is not a bad player just tends to get handled physically. There is no doubt in my mind he was drafted way too high but early on I really didn't think that. It is obvious that Bill and Jeff want a more physical force in the middle and that is why Grove is now here. As I thought about the trade today it seemed to make total sense because of the availability to move up in a big round. There are great football players to be had there for sure. You also grab a 6 to sweeten the pot. I think it was good compensation.

Everyone seemed to think that the C position was safe here for a while with Satele but as we have found out no one is safe. They are building this thing the right way. From the inside out and I can tell you this for sure.

We are still REBUILDING!

I guess every move the front office makes is fine with you.I take it you love the Wilford move and the signing of Torbor who is a back up making $2mill.Two horrible signings the front office has made.

Well considering Satele was already here and they had a lot of time to evaluate him as a starter/backup and they felt that he was no good for them, so in relation to the situation yes i agree with moves of releasing people, signings are a different story imo.

Just to clarify for you NE was signing him so they had to give up a 2nd rounder they traded to us in good faith and gave us a 7th as well, We had no choice in the matter unless we counter offered NE with a higher contract, which was silly money by the way.

looking at the chart you said that SS was worth from 380 to 86

I said 43 to 28 was his worth

we got about 60 points for him and you are crowing about it?

whatever

are you kidding me dude ? you're talking about points but the number of picks is the same range you gave than mine, you simply put out information to your advantage lol

28 to 48...this makes it from the 124th pick to the 161st, which is a 37 player range, woopdy****ingdoo, you were 3 players under my 40 player range. Get lost. I overrated him, you underrated him, we were both close, what's the big deal, if i'm a homer because of that, i guess that makes you a hater.

At first I was upset when I heard it was for a 6 round pick....now moving up 18 spots in round 4 could be hugh....we did that once before in the same round I believe and got Randy Macmichel.....but like so many others have said,lets see who we draft first and then lets wait a couple of years to see how that player turns out.....however,if Groves goes down then this board is gonna go crazy about how we should have kept Satele.

Ozzy rules!!

Bad trade IMO

let's see what we get in the draft first...

if we draft a center/guard we'll look at this differently

we get:
- a rookie guard/center
- a good starter in berger
- a 6th rounder, and a swap in the fourth (totalling the value of an additional middle 4th rounder, the 116th pick overrall to be precise)

we lose:
- samson satele
- the opportunity to draft another player, because we'll spend one on a center/guard that we wouldn't have spent if we kept samson: all in all, we'd lose anything between a 2nd an a 6th rounder here

i think it's a very nice job overrall of handling the center position, obviously i'll wait to say how berger performs and which rookie center we draft (i'm pretty sure we'll do so)

I am no expert, but this trade sucks IMO. We traded a second round pick, and a guy who has started the last 2 years, played hurt, hasn't missed a game for a 6th and to move up in the 4th? I am not getting it. The guy was a good back up at the very least. Maybe we needed to move someone to sign someone else, who knows, but I am not impressed with this one.

Back
Top Bottom