Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Trade Satele to Raiders for 6th round pick and swap 4th round picks

:sidelol: Satele BLOWS.

The people who were steamed over this deal are hillarious. We have ZERO need for that bum.

We totally fleeced the faiders on this deal. Hell anything better than a 7th round pick for him was a fleece job. We moved up in round 4 and got a 6th rounder. Thats great value for a player we had no need for anymore.

We had our starting C signed through FA. Anyone who bought the hype that Satele couldve played some RG was just kidding themselves. That was all smoke and mirrors bs. The plan was to trade him all along.

I still think he was worth a solid 4th. There has to be some worth in the fact he never missed a game as a starter... He didnt BLOW that bad, he only had problems against bigger NT's, as far as I saw.

:sidelol: Satele BLOWS.

The people who were steamed over this deal are hillarious. We have ZERO need for that bum.

We totally fleeced the faiders on this deal. Hell anything better than a 7th round pick for him was a fleece job. We moved up in round 4 and got a 6th rounder. Thats great value for a player we had no need for anymore.

We had our starting C signed through FA. Anyone who bought the hype that Satele couldve played some RG was just kidding themselves. That was all smoke and mirrors bs. The plan was to trade him all along.

I think you hate any player that Cam Cameron or Randy Mueller drafted. Samson Satele might not be the strongest center but the guy is money on pull blocking and screens there's no denying that.

This is the first time I have read this as I have been out of town since Thursday (missed my finheaven madness competition too :boohoo:)..

Can someone please change my mind about who I feel incredibly ripped off on this trade? Essentially we traded a guy we spent a 2nd round pick on, who started every game for us since he was drafted - 32, for a switch of spots in the 4th and a 6th round pick... IMO we should have gotten a solid 3rd or 4th out of this deal.... I feel raped

You only get 2nd round picks in return for good players bro. Get over it.

And why do you feel that we need to get equal value back for what we used to draft him? Thats the thing....when you make poor draft choices and spend 2nd round picks on bums, you dont get the pick back 2 years later.

Besides, like you say he spent 2 years as a starter, so its not as if we didnt get use out of him. If you buy something and use it for a while, should you ideally be able to sell it at a flea market for the same price you paid for it???

On top of that, just because someone is a starter, dosent necessarially mean they are a good player. You know it is possible for a team to be starting a bum that isnt worth a 2nd round pick. Look at the Lions...they do it at almost every position. Im sure you can think of plenty of players in the league who have started the last 2 seasons that you would not be willing to give a 2nd round pick for. I know I can. I would start with Satele. I wouldnt give a 7th rounder for him personally. He blows.

And besides, it could be worse. You could spend a 2nd rounder on John Beck and be stuck with zip and pip in return and the only thing you got out of him was 4 nightmarish starts, a few laughs from some follies, and 7,923 threads on FH. :lol:

Bottom line....we fleeced the Raiders in this deal. Be happy. We upgraded at C through FA, and salvaged something out of the horrible selection of Cam Cameron. Just be glad we got something out of L.Booker when we did. Alot of people were so upset about that deal. Booker is nothing special and we got a 4th rounder back out of the 3rd rounder Scam spent on him. Good move by BP. Now if he can just get some kind of pick out of Beck, we will get back what we can out of the worst draft in NFL history.

You only get 2nd round picks in return for good players bro. Get over it.

And why do you feel that we need to get equal value back for what we used to draft him? Thats the thing....when you make poor draft choices and spend 2nd round picks on bums, you dont get the pick back 2 years later.

Besides, like you say he spent 2 years as a starter, so its not as if we didnt get use out of him. If you buy something and use it for a while, should you ideally be able to sell it at a flea market for the same price you paid for it???

I never said I wanted equal value. He was drafted in the 2nd and IMO he was worth a 4th

i hate this trade. we used a 2nd round pick to get him, which we didn't get in return (now that welker trade sucked). plus we now have a position that needs replacing - which is probably a draft pick. grove, smiley, and thomas (thus far) all have injury issues - and satele would have been a great back up for all of those positions. i must say i do not understand this at all. sorry if this has already been posted, no way was i gonna read through 21 pages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs

This is just bad value. Satele you at least know is a smart talented player, which they could have attempted to coach and build up into the type of guy they wanted (something they are willing to do with Murphy). I'd be extremely disappointed if we moved up in the 4th just to draft another guy who we have to be getting guys off the street to play ahead (Murphy??) and use the 6th to get another practice squad guy.

If Parcells & Ireland did not like him as a player, that's the bottom line.
We added a draft pick and moved up in the 4th round. It's hard to argue with Parcells & Co. track record so far.

BG12

zing. :rimshot:

i get it. he didn't fit the scheme. still think he was a better back up option than what we have - and i think he had more value than what we got. i don't think that's crazy.

I don't think he is worth more to us than what he got

the Tuna is not responsible for what Satele cost us, he is responsible for improving the roster at all costs

i think 62 points equals pick 116, which would be mid 4th round (#20).

DOOOH ! misread the draft chart, well, i was pretty close... i mentionned everything between late second to early 4th... i was hummm.. about 15 picks too high lol but still, we got better value than lmjb clean (or something like that ) estimated

If you think that this trade was fair or significantly helped the phins you are delusional. Satele was at the very least an experience backup OL that cost us next to nothing to keep and will start for the Raiders. In return we got a 6th round gamble and a marginally better player in the 4th round. I feel all dirty having Al Davis rape my beloved phins like that. I mean it's Al Davis, I think we could have gotten a 6th rounder for a 12 pack.

DOOOH ! misread the draft chart, well, i was pretty close... i mentionned everything between late second to early 4th... i was hummm.. about 15 picks too high lol but still, we got better value than lmjb clean (or something like that ) estimated

I mentioned a huge range and missed, wow I am great

I never said I wanted equal value. He was drafted in the 2nd and IMO he was worth a 4th

With the move in the fourth round and by acquiring a sixth round we were compensated the same value as a mid to late 4th round pick.

Thats not good enough! Samson has some love here on finheaven. On finheaven he was worth a 3rd. In the NFl he was worth what we got for him.

If you think that this trade was fair or significantly helped the phins you are delusional. Satele was at the very least an experience backup OL that cost us next to nothing to keep and will start for the Raiders. In return we got a 6th round gamble and a marginally better player in the 4th round. I feel all dirty having Al Davis rape my beloved phins like that. I mean it's Al Davis, I think we could have gotten a 6th rounder for a 12 pack.

Be angry if you want but Satele obviously didn't fit into Bill and Jeff's plan so they sent him packing for the value they seem fit. The compenstion was good IMO.

Back
Top Bottom