MERGED:Don Banks SI calls Phins Losers in FA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Don Banks SI calls Phins Losers in FA

Yea I guess we would have had to overpay for some players to be on the winners list. He doesn't understand that future financial stability while remaining competitive is the name of the game in FA.

He said the Vikings were the biggest winners even though they lost their franchise QB, yet had the Chargers in the biggest losers because they let Brees walk. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Also the Cowboys are winners because they got T.O. Lets see how that works out by November when T.O. is calling out Bledsoe every game.

come week three he will be changing his views. They think no one remembers what they say this time of year so they make all kinds of digs cus it wont affect their reputation. Losers of FA? There are teams out there who havent done jack Sqaut and we are losers?

hdjetta6316 said:
He's in love with brees...

Yep and he is repeating much of what fellow SI writer Peter King has been saying about the Brees/Culpepper situation, so I guess it shouldnt come as too much of a shock.

Worth noting that Peter King is good pals with Bill Parcells, who happened to be the guy who sold Sean Payton in NO on signing Brees. Funny how most of these writers manage to make careers from sucking up to sports personalities, without actually bothering to sit down and watch any games themselves.

Oh and Peter King this week, even after furiously bashing TO in the past for all sorts of reasons, suddenly sees him as a talented player who will upgrade Dallas. Why the sudden change in heart? ...Parcells is the coach there.

What a complete and utter fraud.

This guy is just a tool trying to stir the pot. Letting his desire to spark conversation overtake any statistical analysis. Hooray faulty logic!

Although, he's right about the Pats.

In the end, this is only his opinion (as wrong as it might be) and isn't fact. Just cause he says it, doesn't make it so.

Springveldt said:
He said the Vikings were the biggest winners even though they lost their franchise QB, yet had the Chargers in the biggest losers because they let Brees walk. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Also the Cowboys are winners because they got T.O. Lets see how that works out by November when T.O. is calling out Bledsoe every game.

Actually, TO will probably do real well in Dallas. He got paid and now he's happy. And will most likely be happy for a while since his contract could make him the highest paid receiver in history. But time will tell on that one.

finfan54 said:
come week three he will be changing his views. They think no one remembers what they say this time of year so they make all kinds of digs cus it wont affect their reputation. Losers of FA? There are teams out there who havent done jack Sqaut and we are losers?

What doesn't make sense to me is that, by all accounts and history, Brees injury is much more of a risk than DCs and yet the Saints were winners ?? Also, he calls DC a risky move by Miami, but lauds the Cowboys for TO ??

I don't get his logic...not that I think our offseason so far is "earth-shattering", but I also don't think its a loser...

BLITZKRIEG said:
YAWN....ZZZ.....ZZZ. This guy is brain dead....

Miami / Washington do not belong on that list. The Skinz had one of the best off-seasons I've ever seen. They signed some very talented players....

If Miami and New England were losers, I guess the Bills and Jets were winners???....:sidelol:

PHINZ RULE!!!

Are you kidding??? All the Redskins have done is overpay for extremely average players. They are the poster children for overpaying for names. Randal El had 35 receptions last year and he got how much?? Archuleta the highest paid safety in NFL history?? The Niners weren't exactly sad to see A.Carter leave. Same with B.Lloyd - 2 draft picks for him....i think that he's the best acquisition they got, but a 3rd and a 4th, they overpaid, and they still don't have him under contract past this year.

They had to let Arrington go, and got only a 6th for Ramsey. That's a good offseason??

I just don't think Banks understands the reasons for FA. You use it to fill holes. What holes have the Cowboys filled? They cut one WR and signed another! What holes have the Saints filled? They signed one (also rehabbing - as he mentioned about Dante) QB, but let their best olineman leave!

I remember Banks blasting us many times. IF I remember right he had an article saying how hiring a college coach (Saban) and giving him total control was bad for our franchise.

It is a shame a publication like SI would actually still employ someone that is obviously biased. Oh well, if you all really want... save this article and when we make the playoffs... Make sure we all write him and remind him of his "opinions"

feelthepain said:
He has the Redskins and Fins, but not the Bills??? I guess they are having a better offseason then I thought.:confused:
Addition by subtraction. You guys got better be getting rid of Wanny, we got better by getting rid of Moolarkey :D

Specialk0832 said:
your absolutely right, and my opinion is that guy is mentally ill, and i want to beat his face in..... but thats just my opinion :dolphins: :tantrum: :fire:

LOL! yeah they're just hatin :)

People need to understand that when the time comes to play football, we're gonna be ready. That's all that matters :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom