MERGED:Don Banks SI calls Phins Losers in FA | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Don Banks SI calls Phins Losers in FA

it would make him look like less of a hater if he made us lower but its so obvious he hates the dolphins u could put so many teams up there bc they didnt do nething those are the losers maybe a bunch of players we picked up arent starter material but its called depth the sort of thing that helps get to the superbowl

d*ck

don banks is dumb, what an idiot, you should see/hear the things that my friends up here and Bills country are saying, its like we just signed Joe Montana in his prime.

Don, If your out there do me a favor, find another day job, seriously you might be the dumbest writer i have seen.

You might be even worse than that old geezer windbag Woody Paige on espn.

For some reason everyone in the media hates us, so I hope we kick arse next year.

You know what, he must hate the Dolphins, because I have never seen so many consistent articles syaing something negative about Miami. Yeah, Salisbury will say something stupid every now and then and other analysts alos, but I check out si.com, and everytime I read an article that he rights that has something to do with Miami, he's bashing them, what a jackass. The statement he makes about getting culpepper is riskier that Brees, so getting a potential "Chad Pennington" of now isn't very risky?

I don't see anything wrong with what he's said about the qb situation. He's just stating what you guys could've had in Brees compared to what you ended up. He also makes an excellent point about Allen compared to Madisson. The Giants weakness was their DBs. They didn't even bother to resign him. Makes you wonder huh?

I myself think that Culp is an upgrade over Gus but that doesn't mean he's the answer. Even some of you finfans have your doubts about the guy.

hdjetta6316 said:
He's in love with brees...

Yep...funny thing is, he's not a doctor and probably hasn't spoken directly to any doctors that have examined Brees' shoulder. Anyway, that why they are called "opinions".

Justasportsfan said:
I don't see anything wrong with what he's said about the qb situation. He's just stating what you guys could've had in Brees compared to what you ended up. He also makes an excellent point about Allen compared to Madisson. The Giants weakness was their DBs. They didn't even bother to resign him. Makes you wonder huh?

I myself think that Culp is an upgrade over Gus but that doesn't mean he's the answer. Even some of you finfans have your doubts about the guy.
It all depends on how you look at it. He thought Brees would be an upgrade while our medical staff and coaches thought he wanted too much money and the risk was too high for his shoulder.
You can say the same thing about madison that the Giants were saying about Allen..We had no interest in resigning him and alot of people on here were not satisfied with his play..yet the Giants think of him as an upgrade?..KINDA makes you wonder huh???
Someones garbage is someones elses gold...its a 2 way street.

He lived in Tampa, nough said.

powerlines & paintchips, powerlines & paintchips

burger13 said:
Are you kidding??? All the Redskins have done is overpay for extremely average players. They are the poster children for overpaying for names. Randal El had 35 receptions last year and he got how much?? Archuleta the highest paid safety in NFL history?? The Niners weren't exactly sad to see A.Carter leave. Same with B.Lloyd - 2 draft picks for him....i think that he's the best acquisition they got, but a 3rd and a 4th, they overpaid, and they still don't have him under contract past this year.

They had to let Arrington go, and got only a 6th for Ramsey. That's a good offseason??

Yes. That is a very good off-season.....

Good players cost money. The Redskins may have overpaid, but that doesn't take anything away from them as players on the field, you know, where it really counts??....

Let Snyder and his accountant worry about overspending, they've been doing it for years now and it never seems to faze them financially. They picked up some very good players, and regardless of how much they spent in the process, they will all make an impact on the Skinz....a positive one....

Isn't upgrading your roster a main priority during the off-season??...

PHINZ RULE!!!

NYPhinFan said:
It all depends on how you look at it. He thought Brees would be an upgrade while our medical staff and coaches thought he wanted too much money and the risk was too high for his shoulder.
You can say the same thing about madison that the Giants were saying about Allen..We had no interest in resigning him and alot of people on here were not satisfied with his play..yet the Giants think of him as an upgrade?..KINDA makes you wonder huh???
Someones garbage is someones elses gold...its a 2 way street.
Madisson was a probowler, Allen never was. Although I have a lot of respect for Saban, Coughlin is a proven coach in the NFL and Saban is just making his mark.

As for Brees' shoulder, there are several different stories going around but one things for sure, Brees was Sabans first choice. I'm almost sure that if Brees would've accepted what Culp ended up gettting, Brees would be a fin.

Justasportsfan said:

ok sportsfan, listen to this, Drew Brees had the best back in the NFL..

Your response is going to be that Daunte arguealby had the best WR in the NFL, which is fair, but understand that the 2004 year that cullpepper had his best season, randy only started 13 games, and if memory serves correctly played 4 games injured, my recollection is that it was a hamstring injury.
he only accounted for 737 yards receivng and his longest catch was 43 yards.

I will leave it up to the other finheaven guys to break down the rest of the numbers for you.

Now take LT out of the lineup for 3 full games, and factor in a nagging hamstring injury, how good do you think Bree's would have performed ?????

So by saying we Could have had Brees your telling me that Brees is the Better QB which i don't beleive is the case.

One more thing, what impacts a QB more, A torn Labrum with a partial tear in the rotator cuff or a Knee injury?

I don't think one is heads and tails better than the other but if New Orleans is not on the losers list then why is Miami?

If Sam Madison is an upgrade over Will Allen, can you explain to me why we had to wait until the late season game against Buffalo to see an int from him, oh and it was his 1st pick in almost 2 years???????????

Listen Sam will be missed, but your taking a 5th year guy and putting him in a system that is obvioulsy going to be similar to the NE plug and play system where he needs to occupy space, the days of man to man coverage in Miami died with Jim Bates.

I'll look for your response....

Justasportsfan said:
Madisson was a probowler, Allen never was. Although I have a lot of respect for Saban, Coughlin is a proven coach in the NFL and Saban is just making his mark.

As for Brees' shoulder, there are several different stories going around but one things for sure, Brees was Sabans first choice. I'm almost sure that if Brees would've accepted what Culp ended up gettting, Brees would be a fin.
Madison was a pro bowler..thats a fact..but I really didn't think he deserved to go last year. Allen is younger and a former first round pick..so he still has a chance to go to pro bowls.
I have no doubt that brees was the first pick of this organization(mine also).but after the medical..and amount of guaranteed money he wanted...that changed.
Coughlin is a proven coach in this league who almost couldn't get a job becuase of his reputation in this league. Saban was a proven coach in college...and did pretty well in his first year in this league.
I have no idea how Culpepper or Allen will work out...but things can't be slanted against the Dolphins on EVERY decision they make..only time will tell.

westernnyphinfa said:
ok sportsfan, listen to this, Drew Brees had the best back in the NFL..

Your response is going to be that Daunte arguealby had the best WR in the NFL, which is fair, but understand that the 2004 year that cullpepper had his best season, randy only started 13 games, and if memory serves correctly played 4 games injured, my recollection is that it was a hamstring injury.
he only accounted for 737 yards receivng and his longest catch was 43 yards.

I will leave it up to the other finheaven guys to break down the rest of the numbers for you.

Now take LT out of the lineup for 3 full games, and factor in a nagging hamstring injury, how good do you think Bree's would have performed ?????

So by saying we Could have had Brees your telling me that Brees is the Better QB which i don't beleive is the case.

One more thing, what impacts a QB more, A torn Labrum with a partial tear in the rotator cuff or a Knee injury?

I don't think one is heads and tails better than the other but if New Orleans is not on the losers list then why is Miami?

If Sam Madison is an upgrade over Will Allen, can you explain to me why we had to wait until the late season game against Buffalo to see an int from him, oh and it was his 1st pick in almost 2 years???????????

Listen Sam will be missed, but your taking a 5th year guy and putting him in a system that is obvioulsy going to be similar to the NE plug and play system where he needs to occupy space, the days of man to man coverage in Miami died with Jim Bates.

I'll look for your response....

You can say he has LT and whatever. One things for sure, Brees had played his role very well. He's consistent. He did what was asked of him.

Daunte is one of the most talented Qb's in the league but his consistency in doing his role is questionable.

Brad Johnson comes in and makes the team look lik a playoff team. Makes you wonder who was the problem in Min. doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom