MERGED:Don Banks SI calls Phins Losers in FA | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Don Banks SI calls Phins Losers in FA

I think this clown is just attempting to take the opposite opinion of the general consesus out there of the dolphins offseason moves this spring

All we have done is

1)Secure the Best QB availble in free agency in terms of arm strength and talent
2) now we have the best QB in Miami since the departure of MArino almost a decad ago
3) upgrade our CB/safety positions with signing 3 CBs safety including upgrade Sam MAdison
4) address the departure of the soon to be hall of fame LB Seau with the LB signings
5) improve our Left Offensive Tackle the most critiical lineman on the line of a right handed QB
6) Bring in more talent with another WR Campbell
7)Campbell and Culpepper already know our offensive book/plays

Yep, sounds like to me we are having a lousy offeseason, Saban has not addreses any needs at all has he.

HAving said all that, I personally like the idea of having 2 stud RBs splitting time and I hope if we cant get RWilliams back for part/most of this upcoming season, I hope we add some depth in this area as well as addressing our #3 WR and #2 QB.

Other than this, I would give us so far an Aminus at the very least.

NYPhinFan said:
I did stay on topic..just found your"you have to wonder" quotes funny. My point being its a 2 way street. The "wondering" part takes place on both sides..BOTH.Culp better not = Drew or we are in a hill of trouble!
when I said Culp=Drew I meant over rated and unreliable and blows his performance in huge games. They are similar in that case. Talent, no doubt I would take Culp over Drew. But neither are reliable but still an upgrade over the qb's they replaced.

hdjetta6316 said:
He's in love with brees...
I was about to say that and thats the only reason he's says we're FA losers. he thinks Brees is a better QB than Culpepper and when you consider their injuries thats a completely false opinion

Justasportsfan said:
when I said Culp=Drew is meant over rated and unreliable and blows his performance in huge games. They are similar in that case. Talent, no doubt I would take Culp over Drew. But neither are reliable but still an upgrade over the qb's they replaced.
who did Culpepper have in Minn.? all he had was Moss. he has a bad o-line, bad running game and no other legit WR threat

feelthepain said:
Explains why justa is defending his opinion....I should have known.
that was nothing but smack that had nothing to do with what I was dicussing. I'm not gonna stoop down to your level and talk smack when you have nothing to add to the discussion. So leave the discussion with those who know football . I'll dumb it down further so you won't need to read between the lines " you aren't one of them". :D

nick1 said:
who did Culpepper have in Minn.? all he had was Moss. he has a bad o-line, bad running game and no other legit WR threat
Neither did Brad Johnson. Nice try .

Justasportsfan said:
when I said Culp=Drew I meant over rated and unreliable and blows his performance in huge games. They are similar in that case. Talent, no doubt I would take Culp over Drew. But neither are reliable but still an upgrade over the qb's they replaced.
I just felt we had to make an upgrade at QB. I wanted brees but I am comfortable with the decision to go with Culpepper after some of the reports about his medical problems and contract requests. If he had accepted less guaranteed money...I have no doubt he would have been a Dolphin.

Justasportsfan said:
Spin it all you want. All I know is that the team played better w/ Brad and Brad had way better nos. that Culp playing with the same team.

I didn't know a few games defined a qb.I know that is all you knwo, becuase you just look at stats, but don't analyze, dissect information figuring why something happened. How well did Brad Johnson do his last season with the Bucs? Pretty ****ty if you ask me. There were so many factors involved with Culpepper, and just as someone else stated, Johnson played weak teams at the end. This is rediculous to even compare these two qbs. Yes, somehow at 38, Johnson suddenly played great and is going to be the next dan marino becuase he had a little streak going at the end of the season, but the vikes still didn;t make the playoffs. He is what he is, a part of the season isn't going to sudden;y change that, just as one bad 5 or 6 games doesn't change Culpepper. I'm not the only one, that saw the pressure culepper had. The guy tried to do to much, whereas, Johnson didn't. Johsnon had some weapons at the end whereas, Burleson was ijured,and Culpepper didn't have that good of targets to throw to. See how I analyze, I suggest you do that, instead of being like "well all I know is Johnson played better than culpepper at the end:dunce:" that's pretty weak

nick1 said:
you think Johnson is good? :sidelol:
No, but he was better than Culp playing with the same team. That is a FACT!!!!

He also has a sb ring :D ,Culp never got close.

Xeus24 said:
This guy is smoking some major Ricky stuff.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/03/21/fa.winners.losers/2.html

Calls the phins losers in FA

I don't see what all the fuss is over.

He's basing this on his choice of Brees over the trade for Culpepper which he gave good arguments as to why he thought getting Brees was the smarter move.

I'm not saying I agree but he made a good argument and there's no reason for the "the guy is an idiot" comments.

The other players he cites that we've gotten he calls "bit players" which may very well be true. We haven't brought in any big players. Will Allen may end up replacing Madison without loss but it's no guarantee.

Plus it's an "as of now" article. There's plenty more FA left.
Were still talking to some prospects and have a backup to bring in.

I don't see the problem with his article.

I think we have made some good moves and while they were not all great they were at what we could spend. We are not the Redskins who actually made that list too and I don't know how.

MY biggest problem with Banks is it seems he thinks we should have taken the bigger gamble with Brees..payed him all that guaranteed money..and go against what the doctors were telling us. That to me makes no sense.

NYPhinFan said:
I just felt we had to make an upgrade at QB. I wanted brees but I am comfortable with the decision to go with Culpepper after some of the reports about his medical problems and contract requests. If he had accepted less guaranteed money...I have no doubt he would have been a Dolphin.
that's what I've been saying all along. That's what I think the article is also stating, that between both qb's you got the substitute and not your first choice.

Back
Top Bottom