MERGED:Don Banks SI calls Phins Losers in FA | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED:Don Banks SI calls Phins Losers in FA

Justasportsfan said:
that's what I've been saying all along. That's what I think the article is also stating, that between both qb's you got the substitute and not your first choice.
Yet I think we would have made the bigger mistake by getting our #1 choice and neglecting all of the medical and contract concerns.

Justasportsfan said:
Neither did Brad Johnson. Nice try .

Brad Johnson *was* playing after the Vikings really started getting Koren Robinson into their lineup, though, who proved to be one of their most effective recievers in the latter half of the year.

Furthermore, the Vikings running game improved vastly over what Culpepper had in support after he was injured.

Trekbiz said:
I don't see what all the fuss is over.

He's basing this on his choice of Brees over the trade for Culpepper which he gave good arguments as to why he thought getting Brees was the smarter move.

I'm not saying I agree but he made a good argument and there's no reason for the "the guy is an idiot" comments.

The other players he cites that we've gotten he calls "bit players" which may very well be true. We haven't brought in any big players. Will Allen may end up replacing Madison without loss but it's no guarantee.

Plus it's an "as of now" article. There's plenty more FA left.
Were still talking to some prospects and have a backup to bring in.

I don't see the problem with his article.
You're in trouble now. FTP is gonna blast you for that and try to bring some smack your way. Oh wait.:D

Funny thing is, some people here praised Salisbury and then blasts this guy. Cmon, Salisbury is the biggest idiot there is out there. Whoever did both needs to get rid of their orange and teal glasses .

You can sum up Banks analysis by stating that he thinks Culpepper cannot fill the void left by Frerotte and Rosenfels. Simply inane.

NYPhinFan said:
Yet I think we would have made the bigger mistake by getting our #1 choice and neglecting all of the medical and contract concerns.
like I said, those medical reports have been spun to death. Some say Brees is ahead of schedule some say that's false . Only time will tell who's reports were really on target.

branflakecereal said:
Brad Johnson *was* playing after the Vikings really started getting Koren Robinson into their lineup, though, who proved to be one of their most effective recievers in the latter half of the year.

Furthermore, the Vikings running game improved vastly over what Culpepper had in support after he was injured.
Speculation. Opinion. I'd rather deal with facts. Brad was better.

Time will tell..I just don't think we should be labeled F/A losers becuase we had concerns about both contract and health concerns.

Justasportsfan said:
like I said, those medical reports have been spun to death. Some say Brees is ahead of schedule some say that's false . Only time will tell who's reports were really on target.

Nice point.

They've been spun on both Brees and Culpepper.

That's why I don't have a problem with Banks viewpoint.
Like I said, whether you agree with him or not he made valid points that I have thought about too.

I'm hoping for the best and that Culpepper does regain the form he had that one season. We'll see.

Trekbiz said:
Nice point.

They've been spun on both Brees and Culpepper.

That's why I don't have a problem with Banks viewpoint.
Like I said, whether you agree with him or not he made valid points that I have thought about too.

I'm hoping for the best and that Culpepper does regain the form he had that one season. We'll see.
He's right on even with regards to the Pats and almost everyone here will agree with that as well. But he's only an idiot for the fins part?

This guy is a complete *******. He thinks we DIDNT turn down Brees (which we did) and says Culpepper is riskier than Brees? I dont THINK so.

One thing Saban has made very clear is that he wants "TEAM FIRST" type guys...Some of the players may appear to be poor signings (which I strongly disagree) but they fit the model Saban is developing.....Player for player (free agent loses to signings) we are by far a better team today then we were prior to free agency starting.....GO FINS!!!!

Hey, if any of you have ESPN Insider, theres a article that says the complete opposite :
"The Patriots have owned the AFC East, but that may be coming to an end. While New England has been waiting for the market to come down, the Miami Dolphins have been plugging right along.

The bottom line is this: At the end of last season, Miami was a better team than the Pats. With six straight wins to finish last season and a solid offseason, the Dolphins are waving to the Patriots in their rear view mirror. "

Justasportsfan said:
No, but he was better than Culp playing with the same team. That is a FACT!!!!

He also has a sb ring :D ,Culp never got close.

You almost forgot about the great qb, Trent Dilfer. He and Johson both were and are similar qbs, both decent qbs both nothing spectacular. Johnson just like Dilfer had a phenomonal Tamp bay Defense, where he didn't really do much and hardly threw the ball. It was the run game and defense. He just had to not lose the game for the buc, just as Dilfer. Facts? anybody could say what you just said. You wouldn't know facts if it were staring you in the face. any :dunce: can say what you have said. There's no depth, no explanation, nothing, just blah.

Justasportsfan said:
that was nothing but smack that had nothing to do with what I was dicussing. I'm not gonna stoop down to your level and talk smack when you have nothing to add to the discussion. So leave the discussion with those who know football . I'll dumb it down further so you won't need to read between the lines " you aren't one of them". :D

No, mine was an obsevation, yours is samck. It's obvious thats all you do, why are you in this thread? You are trying to convince the Miami fatihful that we haven't really improved and that Brees is a better QB then Pep. Don't you think you should worry more about the lack of coaching and talent in Buffalo? How many people do you have agreeing with your knowledgeable opinion so far??? None, gosh what are the odds.:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom