Merged: Drew pressuring Phins to trade Ogun | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Drew pressuring Phins to trade Ogun

only for a true 1st rounder, no swapping, no exchanging, just a 1st rounder..do you hear me rick....:yell:

there is a deal i would be willing to "exchange for. and that is they give us there 14, we give them our 20, and we get there top 2nd. otherwise, forget it. Ogun is worth keeping for sure.

mia4ever said:
This is from today's paper the Herald

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said Sunday he believes Chicago is planning to make a trade offer to the Dolphins for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye this week before the start of the NFL draft on Saturday.

''That's what I have heard from the Bears and I think this could come down to a draft-day situation,'' Rosenhaus said. ``I've told [Ogunleye] there is a chance he could get traded and we'll be working to make something happen.''

Rosenhaus also said if he is unable to work out a trade or a long-term deal with the Dolphins, Ogunleye will hold out and not play for the one-year tender of $1.824 million.

It's seem that well all find out the FINS intention about AO :

2nd pick will not do, IMO ,swapping 1st picks and #1 next year maybe
but with our aging starter (tim bo,S.mad,and seau) if we can hold on to AO for a year the money for a big contract will be attainable

ps DREW you get your cut you #$$%%$# :yell: :yell: :cooldude:

Why so angry? What the hell is Rosenhaus going to say? "Well, we've got no market for Ogunleye, and I'm going to throw away all the leverage I have in this situation."

OF COURSE he's going to threaten a holdout. OF COURSE he's going to talk up a potential trade. That's his only leverage against the Phins right now in contract dealings. Relax, this will play itself out, draft day will come and go without a trade, and Ogun will play for Miami next year. I don't know if he'll sign a long-term deal or the one-year tender, but he'll be in a Dolphins uni on opening day.

I have to agree with 13 here.... I'm indifferent about a trade. However, if we ARE going to trade with Chicago, I think we need a 1st and 2nd OR 3rd. I feel the MINIMUM is a 1st. I think #14 gives us Andrews AND a lot of flexibility @ #20.

However, I still believe that a Jacksonville trade scenario with Ogun has been investigated enough. Someone has to replace Brackens.

I don't believe anything Rosie says... to me I dismiss this as a last minute threat of loosing o-gun to try and get Rick to give him a long term deal before the draft.

Well, if it is a threat... tell me how it's gonna hold?
I mean, did the telephone lines to Chicago get cut? Wouldn't a similar overzealous reporter want to confirm it in Chicago. THEN, eventually the truth has to be heard. I mean, if Rosey spouted a "great deal" and Rick wanted it.... eventually don't the two teams have to talk?

I know people can work wonders with the cap, but I just don't see it happening with Chicago not having much wiggle room.

I never said it was gonna hold. Rosenhaus probably just hoping for another McGahee type reaction. Oh GOD he's talkin on his phone with other teams.... QUICK! Sign him, sign him....

Damn agents have me so sinical...

I just think it will be funny that the fins can reduce that offer by like half on (if I am not mistaken) June 1. I like Ogun, but if he listens TOO much to friggin Drew Rosenbutt he won't even get the 1.8 MILLION. Come on now, that is still a HUGE pay increase from last year! How many of us normal workers get a 500%+ raise? Just play for the one year contract.

You know... eventually, you'd think that players and teams would "weed out" a person such as Rosey. My point PPP is, with 1 week until the draft, I don't think Rosey would risk his credibility (is that even possible) this close to a major contract. There's too much time to investigate these hoaxes. And besides, Rick has the ULTIMATE leverage. Rosey can cry and moan 'till he is blue in the face... MIA does NOT have to do ANYTHING. They've made the necessary offer. Rosey is slowly backing Wale into a big corner with no way out. The longer Wale listens to him, the more chances he has of screwing up his chance at big money.
Remember, even though not exactly the best road, we can still Franchise him next year too...... I don't think Rosey wants to push his hand too far... he could cost his client major $$$$.
And if Wale "boycotts" part of the year... what does that say about him to other teams?

We've heard a lot of lip service from Rosey.... Would ANYONE be surprised if Wale fired him?

Ogunleye will not hold out past the date when Miami can reduce his salary to about $400k. I would stake a lot on it. That quote from Jason Taylor is very telling. He didn't come right out and say it but he has spoken with Ogun and he said Ogun knows...if push comes to shove he'll probably play for the tender. Ogunleye isn't a selfish guy, he'll keep in mind what the other players think of him and at this point if he holds out other players won't understand why (including his pal Taylor or had Ogunleye X'd on the Jamie Kennedy experiment) because they all put up with their one year RFA tenders, so why is Ogunleye so special? They won't come right out and say that and they'll try not to think it, because in general players try to respect other players' contract issues...but it'll cross their minds and I think given the type of person that Ogunleye is, he'd be sensitive to that kind of criticism. Don't pay attention to Rosenhaus. Its his JOB to say what he's saying. You do what you have to do in your jobs to get the job done and get your paycheck, so do Drew Rosenhause and Adewale Ogunleye. Since Ogunleye is a free agent he is not obligated to show up to any of these training sessions etc. He is not obligated to sign his tender. Fan love doesn't put food on the table. $1.8 million is easy to live on but if you can get more, why settle. He's not being selfish.

Anyway even with being 99% certain he will not hold out it still might be wise to trade him once this staring contest with Chicago ends. Ogun will play for us this year, but what about next year? If we get a draft pick, or perhaps more than one, we get players that are with us for the next 4 years at cheap rates. If we pass on a trade, we get Ogunleye for one more year then he become an unrestricted free agent and commands the big bucks. Remember what Todd Wade got and how it was way more than he was worth, way more than we were willing to give? Same thing with Ogunleye.

Unless they really ARE ready to give him a long term contract, it would be wise to trade him. It could be the case that they intentionally were not discussing long term deals with Ogunleye until after the Restricted Free Agency period ended, so as to eliminate any ability of Rosenhaus to use other teams as bargaining chips..."Well THESE are the numbers we're talking about with Chicago..." etc etc...Now they can negotiate with him and Rosenhaus can't say anything because they know he's not even allowed to sniff at another team's bargaining table without Miami's say so. So its possible Miami can really put the screws to Ogunleye knowing full well that Ogun doesn't want to play for the one year tender, but is not really willing to go through with the holdout.

That could have been their intention all along. But, if not, then I would trade him. Even if it was just Chicago's offer of a 2nd rounder and Aaron Gibson, or whatever. I'd probably trade him.

If we manage to get Chicago's first rounder for Ogunleye Spielman will look like a genius. If Ogunleye just signs the one year tender and plays for $1.8 million, then leaves via free agency in 2005, IMO Spielman will look like a jack@ss.

D Rosenhaus is as slimy as a freshly steamed oyster !!!

I guess part of that IS his job,, to protect his client.. Not to mention that it adds potential $$$$ to his wallet...

But all the leverage belongs to the Miami Dolphins f-o in this situation,, And Rosenhaus knows this ! The attempts that he has or will try to pressure the Phins is beyond laughable ...

Here is a case where the only way O Gunn will get what he want's ,, $$$$ wise,, is to hope that a team steps up and decides that he is worth what the Dolphins are asking for him.....

Other than that,, this Rosenhaus media B-S is all hyperbole ..............

:goof:

Marino1983

Well, this deal, as stated by 34 would be adequate, provided the conditional pick is a 3nd. (meaning next yrs 3nd rounder, to be a 2nd rounder if certain incentive clauses are met or playing time)...That would do a couple of things for us....
a) give us a functional starter in Gibson...(comparable to Greenwood for us, not spectacular, but functional) BTW, this kinda makes sense for Chitown cause Tait was signed to replace Gibson anyways).
b) give us an additional pick in the 2nd this year where we can get some quality (pick 47)
c) give us a pick next year, even if it was a conditional 3rd where we again will be short picks on day one of the draft....

This of course means that round 1 or 2 pick for this year needs to be a DT or DE, but I think that is in the cards anyways....This would give us #20, #47, #87 on day one this year, along with a day one pick next year and a starter for our OL....Now we can still draft Andrews if he is available, or go WR, or Safety, DT, or LB in round one...

Let me add, I would rather have Ogun signed up for next year and happy here, but if not, this type of trade could work for us...

I am not disagreeing that this is part of Punk Drew's rhetoric/smokescreen to get something going for his client...but perhaps the reason that the Bears did not do anything on Ogun a few weeks ago was due to the tender...they can offer RS whatever now, and see if he bites...or see what it will take...Why didn't they do it before, could be they wanted to see what else panned out before they committed to Ogun ?? I'm not sold on the any team wanting Ogun at the price he is asking with picks too....But, RS still holds the 4 aces while Punk Drew has only a pair of kings...

mia4ever said:
2nd pick will not do, IMO ,swapping 1st picks and #1 next year maybe
but with our aging starter (tim bo,S.mad,and seau) if we can hold on to AO for a year the money for a big contract will be attainable

ps DREW you get your cut you #$$%%$# :yell: :yell: :cooldude:

Chicago won't trade next years #1.

You think AO would sign with Miami after holding out for a year? Doubtful

Best Case Scenario: Chicago gets AO, Fins #1, Fins #3 Miami gets Chicago's #1 and #2 this year and a #3 next year

Back
Top Bottom