MERGED: ESPN Ultimate Depth Chart (Overall Edition) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: ESPN Ultimate Depth Chart (Overall Edition)

If the cardinals do that well it will be a monumental turnaround too say the least. As for Miami, I would rather be the underdog anyway. :D

The only question mark on this team is depth! We have the talent to be a contender. We have all the peices to put together a strong offense and defense, and we have the coaching staff and unity to pull together to get the job done, look at last years winning streak at the end. If we can stay healthy, the division is ours, if we can't......I'd rather not think about that right now.

chewski said:
The only question mark on this team is depth! We have the talent to be a contender. We have all the peices to put together a strong offense and defense, and we have the coaching staff and unity to pull together to get the job done, look at last years winning streak at the end. If we can stay healthy, the division is ours, if we can't......I'd rather not think about that right now.

So you know for certain that our secondary is up to par, even without seeing them play? You know for a fact DC is ready, and our backups at rb will give RB the rest he'll need. Is Shelton an upgrade over McIntosh..will the experiment of Rex and Mckinney positions switch lead to a better OL, and on paper is our depth on the OL solid? We have questions..13th isn't a bad place to start, since we ended the season pretty much at 17th in statitics.

insom187 said:
I think they have Baltimore because even though they are middle-of-the-road quality they could very well win their division (Cincinati is banged up, Pittsburgh overachieved last year and Cleveland wont set the world on fire this season either). When you think about it its quite possible.

Personally, I think the Ravens are the worst team in that division. Pittsburgh overachieved? I hope the Fins can "overacheive" this year and win the super bowl. Cincinnati is in the same boat we are. Their QB is on track to be back in time so they'll be back again this year. Cleveland made a lot of upgrades but still has no QB. They can win about 6 or 7 games however. Pittsburgh will win 11 or 12, Cincinnati will win 11 or 10, and Baltimore and Cleveland will both win about 5-7 games IMO.

ESPN means nothing.They have a bunch of losers putting this together.Golic and Salisbury are jokes IMO.13th isnt bad thow.

Well they would be bucking a trend. At least one of the participants in the previous years Superbowl has missed the playoffs the following year for something like 5 years in a row.

It's July people. ESPN and every other sports news outlet is just "making" news. Rankings mean nothing. The fact is one of the quarterbacks for one of their playoff teams will go down for the year in September or October. Their season will be over.

Donovan McNabb hasn't been injured yet.
Randy Moss has not tweaked his ankle yet.
Terrell Owens hasn't freaked out on the Eagles yet.
Duce Staley hasn't been injured yet.
Chad Pennington hasn't taken another shot from a New England Linebacker.
Ricky Williams has not quit yet.

Bank on this. Something freaky is about to happen to change every ESPN analysts opinion on the NFL.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Personally, I think the Ravens are the worst team in that division. Pittsburgh overachieved? I hope the Fins can "overacheive" this year and win the super bowl. Cincinnati is in the same boat we are. Their QB is on track to be back in time so they'll be back again this year. Cleveland made a lot of upgrades but still has no QB. They can win about 6 or 7 games however. Pittsburgh will win 11 or 12, Cincinnati will win 11 or 10, and Baltimore and Cleveland will both win about 5-7 games IMO.

I would say Pitt overachieved. They were the six seed and won. And at one point it looked like they wouldnt even make the playoffs so I think that division is wide open.

insom187 said:
I would say Pitt overachieved. They were the six seed and won. And at one point it looked like they wouldnt even make the playoffs so I think that division is wide open.

ya pitt always had the talent and were 11-5 (?) the year before, so the expectations were there for them...The reason they were the sixth seed is because of Roethlisberger getting injured and Maddox chokin it up in a couple of games

MDFINFAN said:
So you know for certain that our secondary is up to par, even without seeing them play? You know for a fact DC is ready, and our backups at rb will give RB the rest he'll need. Is Shelton an upgrade over McIntosh..will the experiment of Rex and Mckinney positions switch lead to a better OL, and on paper is our depth on the OL solid? We have questions..13th isn't a bad place to start, since we ended the season pretty much at 17th in statitics.

i guess you're a glass is empty type of guy? j/k.......you bring a valid point, but we are in no better shape or worse than any other of the teams, 13 isnt bad, but i dont think the other posters are right also, ranking the pats that high, cards and falcons, i think we are better than them (cards, falcons, that is)

charles barkley picked the heat to lose every series they played even the chicago series...to him they were underdogs and look what happened...now espn ranks us 13th so this means we are underdogs..well prove em rong like the heat did...although they ranked us bad at 13th..they did rank us ahead of 19 other teams...just a posotive...and the only reason the pats are fourth is cuz of the stupid worthless pos brady who is a qb....it was a fumble not a tuck!!!!!..the dolphins are the best TEAM in any sport on the face of the earth!!!

I do not watch ESPN for football anaylsis anymore.

None.

It's not about where they put the Dolphins, whatever.

It's because they do A BAD JOB. It's BAD journalism.

NFL network acutally backs up their analysis and predictions, X's and O's and coaching film with FACTS.
It's something ESPN ought to look into.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well, they have the final rankings, but I think they are just doing it based on how the ranked the rest of the fields. Anyway here it is:

1. Panthers
2. Seahawks
3. Redskins (wow, ridiculous)
4. Patriots (good, but this high)
5. Steelers
6. Ravens (give me a break)
7. Colts
8. Giants
9. Bengals
10. Broncos
11. Cardinals (are you kidding me?)
12. Falcons (not ahead of us)
13. Dolphins
Panthers and Seahawks I dont have a real problem with but 3 is too high for the Skins IMO. Pats in the top 5 makes sense to me, you may hate them but you have to respect what they have done. Steelers makes sense, 6 is too high for the Ravens but they do belong in the top 10 with the addition of McNair. The QB postition has been whats held them back for the last several years and if Steve can stay health they should be a contender with that D. 8 is too high for the Giants IMO untill Manning shows more consistancy. Bengals of course belong in the top ten but they should be a little higher IMO, The Broncos at 10 strikes me as a little low as well. The Cards could be good but they are going to have to prove it to me before I am going to say they are the 11 best team in football way too high for a pre-season poll. The Falcons at 12 works for me but not ahead of the Fins, I would have us at probably 7 or 8. To me our upside is very high but if somthing were to happen to Culpeppers knee and Joey was forced to start than I think we could strugle as well.

Back
Top Bottom