(Merged)ESPNEWS/SPORTSCENTER News on Ricky | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged)ESPNEWS/SPORTSCENTER News on Ricky

Ricky has set a bad example for his children and children everywhere. I am a dissapointed...I was a big fan of his.

I am a big believer in the Ewing theory but I dont know if it translates into football, hopefully it does.

It wasnt a direct quote.. Mortensen said that he THINKS Ricky was tired of the acounatbility of the NFL, ie. controlling what they do on their own time.. ie. marijunana.. which in some circles (Rasta) is a spiritual type drug..

Regardless, what he did by quitting now is lame.. :|

Ricky

My son is in his 5th year of pop warner football. He used to wear #80 and play WR but when Ricky joined he asked to have #34 and play more running back whish he is. My son idolized Ricky and now thinhs he is a quitter and is ashamed to wear his #34. Ricky you disgust me.

ABrownLamp said:
SPortsCenter claimed RW said he will turn in his retirement papers by Monday or Teusday...

The thing is that while no one man makes a team, more than half the offense centered around him. The entire organization has been drawing up and recreating and reworking these plays all year to make them perfect. They have been analyzing other team's defenses to create some of these plays. And next week will be when all that hard work over the last year will be shot to hell. Five days away guys. And our OC, who has never before been an OC, will now have to come up with totally new plays which will cater towards Travis Minor's abilities.

Unless of course we get someone else....This is a disaster.
Timing. Timing. Yeah this is true. Your hitting a nail that could be driven in our coffin.:cry:

it (the ewing theory) already translated to football... drew bledsoe is mentioned as a possible ewing theory candidate, and this was written before he went down. Then he goes down and a no name late round draft pick leads them to two superbowls

there are many follow up, more recent, articles to the ewing theory in the archive, but i dont have them all bookmarked

I just saw Drew Roshenhouse or whatever his name is ( O-Guns' agent) said that RW is doing this to get more money. He said that he feels that RW will play next year. He said that it doesnt matter if RW fills for retirment, because it is not pernament, meaning that if he wakes up and smells the cofe, he could come out of retirment the same week the files for retirment.

I think the Ewing theory can come into effect here. Listen to this, WE ARE NO LONGER PREDICTABLE. We can mix it up on offense without relying too heavily on anyone person. The reason I believe Dave did so much better in his first 2 years is because he couldnt rely on one person, he needed to spread it around. Not only that, but an article TT wrote for the site (should be up soon) shows what Minor has been doing under our noses. Its very interesting how high his yard per carry has been, even when he had a lot of carries in 2001. We are now forced to be balanced and now the opposition cant focus on one area. Face it, even with boston and chambers we were still going to focus almost exclusively on Ricky. Not happening now.

Section126 said:
Misfits? That was a myth.....The "No-Names" were really a collection of high draft picks and guys that they traded for......

They were hardly misfits.

No... it was not a "myth". I was watching.... dude.

They were considered "too small, too slow", and NOT big names according to the media... yes, they were "traded for" ... because they "didn't fit" in other teams defenses (hence "misfit"). They didn't fit in with the perception of what defensive players of the time should be....

High draft picks? :rofl:

Bill Stanfill was the highest Defensive draft pick of those years (#1 in 1969)...
other than that we had:

Tim Foley #2 in 1970 ... that would make two "high" draft picks

after that...

Jake Scott - #7 in 1970 ... hardly a "high" pick...
Vern Den Herder - #9 in 1971...

We could include Norman McBride at #4 or Willie Pearson at #5, or even Curtis Johnson at #4 ... but would anyone consider them an integral part of the Defense?

I'm pissed, good for Seph for speaking out how most of us feel. However I'd like to see Miami get more into the passing game anyway. Our offense has been boring since 1996 and I'd like to see that change. I want to see this team winging the ball around win or lose.

I kno were looking for good to come out of this, but the bottom line is simple. In no way can we benefit from this, all we can hope for is not to lose evry much. We could still mix it up with Ricky! Why cant we just b unpredictable with RickY?!

I don't think it's good, i'm not saying blessing in disguise or anything... I'm just saying, we'll be fine, we always are, and i think we still make the playoffs with a very PO'ed team with something to prove. I'd love to welcome ricky back, wonder if the guys even want him back, mckinney didnt sound like he wanted to block for him.

Back
Top Bottom