Merged: Faneca signed with NYJ / UPDATE: Agent denies news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Faneca signed with NYJ / UPDATE: Agent denies news

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
PIT-1.gif
Alan Faneca-G- SteelersFeb. 29 - 12:27 am et
right_corner_player_news-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif

The Jets are reportedly poised to make free agent G Alan Faneca a deal averaging $8 million per season.
Interestingly, the NY Daily News notes that the Jets are expected to "outbid the Rams and 49ers," neither of which we've heard linked to Faneca. Niners GM Scot McCloughan is outspokenly opposed to giving guards monster contracts. The Rams are needy there, but in poor salary cap condition.

wow,I don't like that...they'd have Mangold,Fanaca and D-brick

Ozzy rules!!

wow,I don't like that...they'd have Mangold,Fanaca and D-brick

Ozzy rules!!
D'Brick is a bust of a draft pick very average but Mangold and Faneca will give them a strong offensive line inside.

Brick is a busT? i dont think so n plus its only been 2 yrs. if he is a bust that blows b/c he was suppose to be this AMAZING HOLY MOLLY LT CoMING OUT wiht hype like non other

Brick is a busT? i dont think so n plus its only been 2 yrs. if he is a bust that blows b/c he was suppose to be this AMAZING HOLY MOLLY LT CoMING OUT wiht hype like non other

No, he was just the best of a very weak crop that year. If he had come out this year he'd be a 2nd rounder at best, probably a 3rd with the depth at OT in this year's draft.

He just benefited from the lack of quality tackles available that year.

No, he was just the best of a very weak crop that year. If he had come out this year he'd be a 2nd rounder at best, probably a 3rd with the depth at OT in this year's draft.

so why did so many ppl call him a franchise LT and great iwth great wing span feet work etc etc? esp 99% of the ppl on this board.

He would be the 2nd rated OT behind Long..

Let the Jets overpay on an old Guard....I am happy with Smiley who is younger.

I don't think so. The year before he was drafted everyone thought he was coming out early and he was tabbed as a Top 5 pick then to. He's been solid but unspectacular and you want to know why? I got 2 words for you!

Tony Wise

Even Mangold regressed under him and this is a guy who played C brilliantly the first year and was the best rookie center in a decade.

I think the Jets are going to land him, which is fine with me cus after his deal is up, the Jets will be old and near the cap hell again. They are spending there money bigtime now and they will pay the price later.

I do think that left side of the line will be formidable, maybe they kick the crap out of the Patriots? Anyone but the cheaters as of right now for me.

I hope anyone out side our division gets him, I am fine with the pick up of Smiley. He is young and can stick around longer. Who knows, we might have Long in as well :)

D'Brick is a bust of a draft pick very average but Mangold and Faneca will give them a strong offensive line inside.

Your kidding right? If we sign Faneca, we get the vet leadership that we lacked last year, D'Brick improves dramaticaly if this goes down.

Back
Top Bottom