Merged: Faneca signed with NYJ / UPDATE: Agent denies news | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Faneca signed with NYJ / UPDATE: Agent denies news

He's still talented, and if the jets get Fanacea , I'm sure it will help his game. But the bottom line is that he has not lived up to the #4 overall slot. Coulda grabbed Cutler. Thanks jets!

Has Cutler lived up to his hype yet? Leinart, Cutler, Brick, Bush- none of those guys have lived up to their lofty draft status.

lol

you had to know this was coming. Faneca linked to the Jets and now he is a scrub, and everyone is glad that the Jets are 'blowing their money on him'

I hate the Jets as much as anyone.....but I'll say it when they make a good move. Just cracks me up how the board as a whole waivers on players depending on which team they are linked to at the moment.

Has Cutler lived up to his hype yet? Leinart, Cutler, Brick, Bush- none of those guys have lived up to their lofty draft status.

You may be right.

1. Mario Williams: Looks like a stud now
2. Reggie Bush: Has regressed in 2nd season, still pretty damn dangerous
3. Vince Young: See #2
4. D'Bust
5. A.J. Hawk: Led a stellar GB defense last year
6. Vernon Davis: Is a beast, but the team is in shambles
7. Michael Huff: On the trade block
8. Donte Whinter: Great player (pains me to say so)
9. Ernie Sims: Good player
10. Leinart: Flashes of brilliance and crap
11. Cutler: See #10 with a better brilliance-to-crap ratio
12. Haloti Ngata: Stud
16. Jason Allen: Yuk!

lol

you had to know this was coming. Faneca linked to the Jets and now he is a scrub, and everyone is glad that the Jets are 'blowing their money on him'

I hate the Jets as much as anyone.....but I'll say it when they make a good move. Just cracks me up how the board as a whole waivers on players depending on which team they are linked to at the moment.

Man thats the truth. Although I think Smiley was a great signing for the Phins. Build around your young talented center and everything behind him will fall into place.

I used to live in Lakewood, btw. Right by a golf course, but I can't remember the name of the apartment complex at the moment. Living in West End now. :)

Why is this in the Phins forum? Faneca is still a beast in the running game but answer this - how does he help prevent D'brick from being bull-rushed as if he was wearing skates? I saw too much of that in his early career so far.

lol

I've been sayin this for the past 3 years. once someone goes elsewehre everyoen on this board "hated the guy and didnt want him in the first place" its so pathetic. Can't man up to nething but rather just become haters

I've been sayin this for the past 3 years. once someone goes elsewehre everyoen on this board "hated the guy and didnt want him in the first place" its so pathetic. Can't man up to nething but rather just become haters

ain't that the truth. the same people that were arguing with me about why we need him so bad are now saying good riddance. good stuff. :)

I Agree with you two. People need to realize we (like a lot of teams) would love to have Faneca on their team. But it comes down to $$$. Do we want to spend that kind of money on a guard when we are probably a couple years from being a contender. While a great G, Faneca alone won't make us a contending team. So we need to smartly invest our money in good, but reasonable players and draft guys in behind them for our future. Not sure how he magically stinks now that the NYJ's might be getting him. Will the Jets have a better OL if they get him? Yes. Will they have to spend a LOT of money to get him? Yes. That's OK, more money for a G, means less they can spend on other positions. We all have the same salary cap, so let them spend what they want on their G, and we'll spend ours on other positions we need need to.

Faneca hasn't signed anywhere yet..................there's still plenty of cap space for the Dolphins to pursue him and Pace and others.

Hey!! You leave Robert Gallery out of this!!!!!!!!

Jets | Team makes offer to Faneca
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:14:27 -0800
Tom Rock, of New York Newsday, reports the New York Jets reportedly offered free-agent OG Alan Faneca (Steelers) a four-year deal worth $32 million, with around $20 million in guaranteed money. Faneca's agent, Rick Smith, said they are currently compiling offers from several teams, but Faneca is expected to make his decision no later than

faneca signed iwht NYJ

Faneca signed wiht the jets.

02/29[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Faneca Signs With Jets[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...The New York Jets have signed Steelers OG Alan Faneca to a multi year contract.

[/FONT]
eastcoastsportsnews.com

Faneca is a Jet?

Per rotoworld:

"It was mentioned on ESPNews Friday that Alan Faneca has agreed to a four-year contract with the Jets.

ESPN's John Clayton said no deal is official yet, and we're not hearing that one is. Faneca's deal is expected to average $8 million annually. It's believed he'll take the weekend to decide between the Jets and Rams' offers."

wow the Jets are going to be a good team next year..there are a lot of good players that are reported to visit them. Going to be a good division next year instead of a runaway by the Patriots

Back
Top Bottom