Merged:Fat Hank on Now.....Has Insight...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Fat Hank on Now.....Has Insight......

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Fat Hank on Now.....Has Insight......

Listen in on WQAM......

Began by talking about how they screwed up the McIntosh deal.

hank says dolphins can't pick up bostons current contract

i doubt he would renegotiate. he thinks he would be a good pick up though

Says that If Dolphins are smart....they don't deal for Boston.........They should wait for when he is released......because he was told that they would have a leg up because Boston loves Jerry Sullivan and likes Trestman also.................

Then Hank is smoking something because if we traded for Boston his cap # is only $3.9M.

Any idea who this mystery O-linemen Goldberg said Wannstedt was referring to.

Who is going to be cut soon? Specifically, a RT or Guard?

just peachy.....as if SD cares where he goes......they'll dump him to someone for a 3rd or even 4th rounder just to get something out of him and we'll be left holding an empty bag going.....gee....we could have had him for a 3rd rounder but didn't pursue it cuz we thought he'd be availble unrestricted anyways in a week and so we figured we'd like to keep our 3rd rounder for a 'project' person who probably won't amount to anything anyways....

If we can get him for a 3rd now, today, tomorrow....just do it. That's worth it. Now...a 2nd rounder for a 3rd string QB with only 13 starts total, 5 in the NFL.....THAT'S worth it?......our passing game has to improve 3 ways......a #2 WR that can get open, a QB that can hit deep and an Oline that can provide more then 2-3 seconds of protection...preferably 4-5 on a consistent basis.......

The way I see it.....Boston would definetely be able to fulfill the #2WR spot......but I guess a 3rd rounder isn't worth it for a top-notch WR while a 2nd rounder IS worth it (in RS's mind) for someone who maybe can/maybe can't beat out Jay and who has the same inherint faults.

Go figure....

I have agree with jbond. I feel some other team would be willing to give up a 3rd for boston

His agent talked to 4 teams yesterday, us and 3 others...of those 3 id be very surprised if there wasnt one team willing to give up something for him

Originally posted by jbond
just peachy.....as if SD cares where he goes......they'll dump him to someone for a 3rd or even 4th rounder just to get something out of him and we'll be left holding an empty bag going.....gee....we could have had him for a 3rd rounder but didn't pursue it cuz we thought he'd be availble unrestricted anyways in a week and so we figured we'd like to keep our 3rd rounder for a 'project' person who probably won't amount to anything anyways....

If we can get him for a 3rd now, today, tomorrow....just do it. That's worth it. Now...a 2nd rounder for a 3rd string QB with only 13 starts total, 5 in the NFL.....THAT'S worth it?......our passing game has to improve 3 ways......a #2 WR that can get open, a QB that can hit deep and an Oline that can provide more then 2-3 seconds of protection...preferably 4-5 on a consistent basis.......

The way I see it.....Boston would definetely be able to fulfill the #2WR spot......but I guess a 3rd rounder isn't worth it for a top-notch WR while a 2nd rounder IS worth it (in RS's mind) for someone who maybe can/maybe can't beat out Jay and who has the same inherint faults.

Go figure....

The Dolphins can't afford the contract Boston has right now. He would have to re-work his current contract for the Dolphins to afford him. It's just that simply.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ltfinfan
if the lineman is going to be cut soon just how good can he be

Cap reasons, not everyone is cut because of poor play.:)

Originally posted by SMadison29
Then Hank is smoking something because if we traded for Boston his cap # is only $3.9M.
But his contract gets bigger each year.

Ozzy rules!!

How can the dolphins not afford his contract RIGHT NOW. They have a decent amount of cap space.

Ollie, what about his reported $3.9 million cap figure?

Oh, and "Mark Brunell."

Back
Top Bottom