Merged:Fat Hank on Now.....Has Insight...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Fat Hank on Now.....Has Insight......

Typical Miami negotiating tactics, sit and wait.

I mean, grow some balls and make the move. Guys like Boston, Moss, TO, though at times you have to baby sit, they are SUPERSTARS. Boston would be our #1, they don't grow on trees.

maybe what he meant was we cant afford his current contract and continue to upgrade the line? just a thought, i dont think the bossmans contract is so bad for the player wed be getting, but im sure hed restructure since he likes our coaches

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
How can the dolphins not afford his contract RIGHT NOW. They have a decent amount of cap space.

According to Hank, it would be a significant CAP figure. He keeps using the #'s 47 million, and 7 million a year for Boston currently.

I have no idea how true that is. However Hank's REP on things like this sterlin.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Danny

But his contract gets bigger each year.

Ozzy rules!!

It goes to $5M the next few years afterwards. And if he doesn't work out or restructure we could cut him & there would be no cap hit in doing so.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
maybe what he meant was we cant afford his current contract and continue to upgrade the line? just a thought, i dont think the bossmans contract is so bad for the player wed be getting, but im sure hed restructure since he likes our coaches

Obviously if Boston re-works the contract for the Phins so he can be traded things change for the Dolphins and their CAP situation.

Oliver...

I think with the bonus due to Boston, the figure could be higher than $4 million.

I think we should wait until he gets cut. We'll probably be the first team he visits via free agency.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think with the bonus due to Boston, the figure could be higher than $4 million.

I think we should wait until he gets cut. We'll probably be the first team he visits via free agency.

This is just my opinion, but if we wait for when he's released, someone with a ton of $ will out bid us. Boston I think will still get a boat load of $.

He would really want to play for the Dolphins for this not to happen IMO.

Oliver...

Boston's contract is pretty heavily back-loaded. If we kept him four years, we'd pay him a little less than $19 million before we'd absolutely have to renegotiate.

Re: hank says dolphins can't pick up bostons current contract

Originally posted by ltfinfan
i doubt he would renegotiate. he thinks he would be a good pick up though

He didn't say that we CAN'T pick up Boston's contract, he said that it would be smart NOT to. Huge difference between fact & opinion....

Listen, there are a bunch of teams that would take boston other than miami. Ravens, eagles, buffalo, raiders, etc. Now, due to his contract, we would be getting boston a litlte cheaper than we could in free agency which he will likely be given a lot of money no matter what he did last season.

Originally posted by Unconquered
Boston would restructure, thats all there is to it.

What leads you to that conclusion?

Oliver...

True that. Also, remember that last offseason Boston was a lot more attractive to teams than he is this offseason, and even then the best deal he received was a deal that paid him only like $4 million on signing, with a structure that made it easy for the Chargers to release him within a year if they had a problem with him.

Now, they have that problem and it looks like he's out of there. No team will sweep in and give David Boston the kind of money we can't offer. And getting Boston means we have options in the first round. Question marks everywhere, but no gaping holes that force us to put the blinders on every single position other than WR. I feel it would be a mistake to step into draft day intent simply on picking up the best WR left on the board when we get to #20.

Target the guys you like and you want. Some will fall further than you expected and some will get taken higher than you expected, but having a guy like David Boston gives you that option of going with a first round WR, or maybe going with a Rivers if he makes a dramatic fall down the draft board, or going ahead and grabbing Shawn Andrews if he falls for character issues...or maybe Jake Grove, or maybe Vernon Carey, or maybe DE Will Smith (depending on the Ogun thing), or maybe a DT to replace one of our aging gap fillers. Options are best when drafting especially in the first round.

Originally posted by ohall

What leads you to that conclusion?

Oliver...

look at his face...

do YOU really think he knows why he thinks anything?? ;)

(this is not intended to be an insult unconquered)

Back
Top Bottom