Merged: Fins trade for willis magahee/Disgruntled in buffalo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fins trade for willis magahee/Disgruntled in buffalo

ESPN has a quote from Henry on the subject.

"If it comes to that, and they want to go in that direction, yeah, I would want to go elsewhere."
-- RB Travis Henry, in the Aug. 13 edition of USA Today, on wanting a trade if he is supplanted by Willis McGahee as the Bills' featured running back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf

Seems a more likely scenario to me. Mcgahee is more likely to win the job I would of thought and there are plenty of people out there willing him to do it.

There seems to be a lot of "me" instead of "team" attitude in that Bills team.

rickysux said:
whoever does not start at rb in buffalo wants out, we need to offer a #1 or o-gun to them. they will not want any bad attitudes on there team so they will have to look for a trade, they dont want to trade in there division but they dont have a choice we are the only team that needs a rb. people say dont give up a 1st rounder but we will end up drafting a rb anyway call buffalo now forget jackson he is a scrub.

Tha Cardinals need a RB bad...worse than us.

CrunchTime said:
There seems to be a lot of "me" instead of "team" attitude in that Bills team.

Can you honestly blame Travis Henry? Work your tail off, do a good job... just to be rewarded with the team drafting your position in the 1st round... then eventually handing the rookie the job...

That's gotta HURT, a nice big slap in the face. I'd say that's a case of the Bills forgeting the team attitude.

Heres the link http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm but I must warn you that that site is about as credible as "The Enquirer " or "The Daily Mirror".Pure speculation with very little basis on truth.

In that same column I thought it was interesting that the Miami FO would have traded Ogun for Ontarrio Smith if the Vikings would have accepted.Imagine how stupid they would look now if the trade had gone through.

Heck, I don't know that a source is really all that important. Anytime you have two quality players at the same position it's obvious both want to start. The one that gets benched knows it could have a major effect on his career and that teams like miami would love to start them. I think if Henry gets benched there will be probs in Buffalo, but not if its WM that sits.

Henry is the bigger potential for malcontent IMO because of where he is in his career.

MOULDSROCKS said:
He's under contract for the Bills. If he wants to play it's gonna be in a limited role. If he wants to complain he needs to realize who took a chance on him and gave him that contract of his.

Too bad for you, there is no word in Buffalo on this. PFT is not a solid source.

We have experience on this one, see Ogun.. :roflmao:

Minor is more proven than WM and besides where are all those finfans who made fun of the bills picking him up at 23?

This stuff always cracks me up. If I were an owner these guys could demand whatever they want but I would not ever cater to their demands.

CrunchTime said:
Heres the link http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm but I must warn you that that site is about as credible as "The Enquirer " or "The Daily Mirror".Pure speculation with very little basis on truth.

In that same column I thought it was interesting that the Miami FO would have traded Ogun for Ontarrio Smith if the Vikings would have accepted.Imagine how stupid they would look now if the trade had gone through.

pFT posted the article about the Miami schedule leak that originated here on FH. :roflmao:

phinphanphrommi said:
That's gotta HURT, a nice big slap in the face. I'd say that's a case of the Bills forgeting the team attitude.
If it happens :D

McGahee is the future. They'd keep him over Henry IMO.

I don't like the Bills and I love to bash them every chance get, but you know what?...how many of us would love to be in the situation they're in now? Having two 1st round caliber backs on our roster with either one having great trade value. I know I wouldn't mind.

Oh and Justa...I wasn't laughing when the Bills chose WM. I knew that when healthy, he can be a hell of a back. I just questioned your FO letting Rosenhaus sucker you into drafting him in the 1st.

Wow, this isn't even close to true, I live in Buffalo and just like all the stuff happening to Miami, the media is blowing it out of proportion. McGahee isn't going anywhere and neither is Henry. They will split carries, not evenly but I'm seeing Henry getting 20 carries and game with Willis getting 10. Henry's response to wanting to be traded was in response to a direct question that if he wasn't the starter, would he want to be traded to a team where he would start. What athelete/ competitor would say no??? None, once again the media takes a comment and runs with it, what a surprise.

We need to get someone and soon too. Henry or Suggs somebody!

Back
Top Bottom