Merged: Football Hero Killed In Afghanistan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Football Hero Killed In Afghanistan

R.I.P. , he was a hero in my book!

He left the nfl to go to the corps. Age was getting up to him... he was just 26 when he left the nfl. May he rest in peace.

They have corrected the title and are now saying that he died in a battle in Afghanistan...

Unreal. He gave up even more than most who commit to serve this great country. Best to his Family, they certainly should be proud of such a hero. Huge loss for the NFL and this country. :cry:

what can I say that you guys haven't already said?Is a real shame..not only this but Wars in general.RIP.

Ozzy rules!!

What a sad sad story. He left the NFL to serve after September 11th, and he never let any stories be done about him, or did any interviews. He didn't want anybody to make a big deal of it or try to paint him as heroic. It was a decision he and his brother felt they had to make. He is a true warrior and will be missed.

ckparrothead said:
What a sad sad story. He left the NFL to serve after September 11th, and he never let any stories be done about him, or did any interviews. He didn't want anybody to make a big deal of it or try to paint him as heroic. It was a decision he and his brother felt they had to make. He is a true warrior and will be missed.

Well said

He earned my respect when he gave up a million dollar NFL contract to serve and defend his country.
Now he's earned the respect and gratitude of generations to come by making the ultimate sacrifice.
RIP Ranger Tillman.

Hopefully his sacrifice will serve as a reminder to his former teammates and fellow NFL players, and to us all, the importance to giving back to their community and the things that are most important during our brief stay on this planet. He gave up a life of comfort to support his country and stand for his convictions, and ultimately paid the ultimate price.

We salute you Pat!

Back
Top Bottom