Merged: Football Hero Killed In Afghanistan | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Football Hero Killed In Afghanistan

IceStorm said:
Let me preface this by saying one thing. I'm not going to read 8 pages of messages. I found some that offended me. First off this message was made a sticky for Pat Tillman that gave his life for his country. Why anyone is making a bigger deal out of this one patriot over another is beyond me. Is Pat Tillman more of a hero then those others that went before him? Of course not. So this thread should not be just for him, and shame on those that limit it to just one soul that gave the ultimate price for our freedom.

Next, to the asshats that start taking this into a political debate.....Go F yourself. How dare you take the death of an American fighting for his country and turn it into some debate that you think you have a voice in. Shame on you. YOu want to talk about it, FINE. JOin up, have a few terrorists kill your family, and THEN say you think it's wrong to protect ourselves.

I know this forum is not only American. But to some of you people turning the death of a patriot into a soap box for your views, shut up. Some of us have been there. If you weren't big enough to defend your country, people you've never met, your family, your way of life, yourself....then you don't have a say outside of the vote you have for president.

God Bless America and those that defend her faith.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing, which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than him." -- John Stewart Mill (1806-1873)

Let you tell it! Very, very nice!

and I will add this Tidbit from Professor Olson of Hamlin University...

At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The University of Edinborough) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian Republic" some 2,000 years prior. "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship.

Mmmmm, something to think about.

Steve

Something that may help those of us "get it"...

"But it was clear to those who knew Mr. Tillman that after September 11 something changed. The attack on America had prompted a rethinking. Len Pasquarelli of ESPN reported last May that the "free-spirited but consummately disciplined" starting strong safety told friends and relatives that, in Mr. Pasquarelli's words, "his conscience would not allow him to tackle opposition fullbacks where there is still a bigger enemy that needs to be stopped in its tracks." Mr. Tillman's agent and friend Frank Bauer: "This is something he feels he has to do. For him, it's a mindset, a duty."

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110001975

Exactly Skapefin, he was deeply moved by the events of 9/11, i heard the interview he gave on 9/12/01 to espn, you could hear it in his voice, the emotion, the conviction. It is tragic, I salute his courage, his conviction, his heart, .... true American, thank you Pat Tillman for all you believed in and all you sacrificed. This goes to all our soldiers that have fought in any war to defend our way of life. Pat Tillman was an example of teh people that fight everyday in the military, God Bless all of them.

Back
Top Bottom