Merged: Football Hero Killed In Afghanistan | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Football Hero Killed In Afghanistan

Thanks Ranger Tillman

Thank you for showingus what areal american hero is and a real human being is. Thanks!

Every man must walk his own path. Mr. Tillmen did just that! Its enough for me to know that he believed it was inportant for him to go! For this I honor him R.I.P.

juniorseau55 said:
He left the nfl to go to the corps. Age was getting up to him... he was just 26 when he left the nfl. May he rest in peace.

He didn't go to the USMC, he went USA,Airborne, Special Forces.

May God bless Pat Tilmans soul!

Pat Tilman :patriot:

I may have missed the boat on this, but has every one heard what Simieon Rice said about Tillman? For those that missed it when he left Rice said "Tillman wasn't a very good football player thats why he made the descion he did. He was probably watching Rambo and got all excited." Thoose are some big words for someone that is sitting watching it all go down in his multi million dollar house. I guess I can't bash him to bad because it would be against the values that Tillman died for. He is a true hero, and I think all of Ameica's hearts are with his family.

Gonk said:
Everybody can thank President Bush for this...

QUOTE]

NO......You can thank those 19 jagoffs that high jacked those planes and attacked us on 9-11.......or did you forget?

Gonk said:

I remember reading about him a year or so ago... and how him and his brother both gave up careers in football to fight in the middle-east.

CHEAP!!!! JUST PLAIN CHEAP!!! :shakeno:

While you are thanking President Bush for the death of Pat Tillman, and the death of the hundreds of other brave souls that have died in this effort, Thank him also for NO MORE terrorist attacks on AMERICAN SOIL!

Dajesus said:
I may have missed the boat on this, but has every one heard what Simieon Rice said about Tillman? For those that missed it when he left Rice said "Tillman wasn't a very good football player thats why he made the descion he did. He was probably watching Rambo and got all excited." Thoose are some big words for someone that is sitting watching it all go down in his multi million dollar house. I guess I can't bash him to bad because it would be against the values that Tillman died for. He is a true hero, and I think all of Ameica's hearts are with his family.

Dajesus, I heard him on Jim Rome stating that he wasn't a very good football player anyway. Rome countered that he was a starter in the NFL, in which Simeon repsonded, yeah but for the Cardinals. Ever since then, I have had no respect for him whatsoever.

Gonk said:

You don't think that a hypothetical President Gore would have invaded Afghanistan after 9-11? I think that's foolish. ANY president would have done it.

Section126 said:
First of all, tell Pat Tillman's family that this was a phoney war......and to bring the troops home would be the ultimate slap in the face of Pat Tillman as well as in essence making his death be in vain.

Words don't describe how offensive these comments are to those that have loved ones serving overseas right now.
it's obvious that we have finish these wars now: Iraq and Afghanistan. We can't bring the troops now, but people have to understand that this is Afghanistan. The Soviet Union lost more than 15,000 troops over fifteen years. We have to finish what we started, we can't back out now. Al Qaida started this, we have to finish it. The only shame is that George Bush has wasted all this time, resources, and the lives of great men such as Pat Tillman. He's clearly not competent enough to get this done in a satisfactory manner. Iraq has been a complete debacle, Why didn't they send more troops!? Bush was playing POLITICS!!! Vote this incompetent out of the white house, and let's get somebody that has some sort of notion of Geopolitics. Shame on Bush!

My prayers are with the Tillman family. I know very few men that would give up the opportunities he had to serve his country. I question if even I would have had the courage and the patriotism to make such a bold decision. He is loyalty and freedom personified.
-U.S. Army veteran/current Arizona State student

Last edited by a moderator:
Later on Friday, the Cardinals announced that the plaza surrounding the perimeter of their new stadium, scheduled to open in 2006 in Glendale, will be named "Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza." The team also plans to retire Tillman's jersey number and establish a scholarship in conjunction with Arizona State University, where Tillman played his college football. The scholarship will be awarded annually to a student in the W.P. Carey School of Business that is studying marketing, the major in which Tillman carried a 3.84 GPA and earned his degree in 3½ years.

Pat Tilman shows why this country is the GREATEST country in the world. When a sports star can give up millions of dollars to follow his personal conscience you know a country is doing something right. After 9/11 things changed, and I'm certain that's why he did what he did.

However I wish ppl would stop cheapening what happened to Pat with this political biased junk. Let that stuff alone for now please. There's no reason for that. Pat didn't die for a political party or against a political party, he died so all of us can live free and safe within this country. This has nothing to do with politics. Let's just drop that for now please!

I hope his family can find happines and peace one day. RIP Pat

Oliver...

Let me preface this by saying one thing. I'm not going to read 8 pages of messages. I found some that offended me. First off this message was made a sticky for Pat Tillman that gave his life for his country. Why anyone is making a bigger deal out of this one patriot over another is beyond me. Is Pat Tillman more of a hero then those others that went before him? Of course not. So this thread should not be just for him, and shame on those that limit it to just one soul that gave the ultimate price for our freedom.

Next, to the asshats that start taking this into a political debate.....Go F yourself. How dare you take the death of an American fighting for his country and turn it into some debate that you think you have a voice in. Shame on you. YOu want to talk about it, FINE. JOin up, have a few terrorists kill your family, and THEN say you think it's wrong to protect ourselves.

I know this forum is not only American. But to some of you people turning the death of a patriot into a soap box for your views, shut up. Some of us have been there. If you weren't big enough to defend your country, people you've never met, your family, your way of life, yourself....then you don't have a say outside of the vote you have for president.

God Bless America and those that defend her faith.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing, which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than him." -- John Stewart Mill (1806-1873)

IceStorm said:
Let me preface this by saying one thing. I'm not going to read 8 pages of messages. I found some that offended me. First off this message was made a sticky for Pat Tillman that gave his life for his country. Why anyone is making a bigger deal out of this one patriot over another is beyond me. Is Pat Tillman more of a hero then those others that went before him? Of course not. So this thread should not be just for him, and shame on those that limit it to just one soul that gave the ultimate price for our freedom.

Next, to the asshats that start taking this into a political debate.....Go F yourself. How dare you take the death of an American fighting for his country and turn it into some debate that you think you have a voice in. Shame on you. YOu want to talk about it, FINE. JOin up, have a few terrorists kill your family, and THEN say you think it's wrong to protect ourselves.

I know this forum is not only American. But to some of you people turning the death of a patriot into a soap box for your views, shut up. Some of us have been there. If you weren't big enough to defend your country, people you've never met, your family, your way of life, yourself....then you don't have a say outside of the vote you have for president.

God Bless America and those that defend her faith.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing, which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than him." -- John Stewart Mill (1806-1873)

Very well put!

Back
Top Bottom