MERGED: For once and for all Brown no backup... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: For once and for all Brown no backup...

vt_dolfan said:
Brown was not a backup. His coach was smart..and put players in positions to create mismatches. Brown and Cadi were 1A and 1B. Browns versatility gave Tuberville the oppurtunities to use both players. Cadi was not as good as a reciever so Brown was the one who got split out more than often.

Caddy was in the RB position more than Brown was that makes brown caddies backup like it or not. it does not matter if brown was used as a WR while caddy was at RB. Caddy was there #1 RB Brown split carries but was still #2. I'm not to worried about Brown being able to be a full time RB. But at the same time it is something to think about.

godfater21 said:
Caddy was in the RB position more than Brown was that makes brown caddies backup like it or not. it does not matter if brown was used as a WR while caddy was at RB. Caddy was there #1 RB Brown split carries but was still #2. I'm not to worried about Brown being able to be a full time RB. But at the same time it is something to think about.

A back-up is somone who comes in when the starter is hurt or needs a breather. Sorry, but that was not Ronnie Brown!!

LtDan662002 said:
A back-up is somone who comes in when the starter is hurt or needs a breather. Sorry, but that was not Ronnie Brown!!

No a back-up is any player that gets less time at his position than another player. Sorry, but that was Ronnie Brown!!

Caddy may be a helluva a back but Ronnie is the complete package! Wether we throw or run with him he is a stud!

godfater21 said:

Tell me why Ronnie Brown STARTED 6 games last year? Because he was the starting FB that's why! Caddy was not good enough a blocker to play FB, plus he was too small to play FB, so the coaches did what they thought was the right thing, and had them BOTH on the field at the SAME TIME.

You wanna say Caddy was the starting Rb, then no one can argue that, but ..........

Personally, I'm happy that Ronnie Brown got less carries than Cadillac Williams at Auburn. I think Ronnie is much more durable than Cadillac, and I think he will be able to handle the workload for us here in Miami. There's no doubt in my mind that Ronnie will be able to carry 25,30,35 carries a game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should be giving him 30+ carries a game, that Wanny ball just doesn't cut it... but I'm just saying if given the opportunity I think Ronnie would be able to handle it without a problem. Who really cares if some people thinks he was a back-up or not? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but one thing we do know is Ronnie Brown got less carries than Cadillac at Auburn (but he is just as good if not better than Cadillac and definitely more durable). That's something I'm very happy about optimistic about.

Ozzy said:
Tell me why Ronnie Brown STARTED 6 games last year? Because he was the starting FB that's why! Caddy was not good enough a blocker to play FB, plus he was too small to play FB, so the coaches did what they thought was the right thing, and had them BOTH on the field at the SAME TIME.

You wanna say Caddy was the starting Rb, then no one can argue that, but ..........

So your admitting that caddy was the starting RB. because in case you did not know FB is a different position than RB. So if Caddy was out there as a RB and Brown was out there as a FB, than wouldn't that make Caddy the starting RB?

LtDan662002 said:

So ok than let me ask you this. when Kordell stewart was a rookie with the steelers and he played WR, RB, and QB. he was always on the field. did that make him and Neil O'Donnell QBs 1a and 1b. no it didn't why because O'donnell played more at that position.

If Brown was a back-up then what does that mean for White and Reggie Bush. Bush was considered, by many, the best player in the nation. The reality is that when White was healthy, he was a better back. The question is, does it really matter who actually started the game? I would take Bush or White and be happy with either just as I think Caddy and Brown are both good backs(although I think Brown is better)!

Noodleman said:
If Brown was a back-up then what does that mean for White and Reggie Bush. Bush was considered, by many, the best player in the nation. The reality is that when White was healthy, he was a better back. The question is, does it really matter who actually started the game? I would take Bush or White and be happy with either just as I think Caddy and Brown are both good backs(although I think Brown is better)!

just like mcgahee and gore. if gore doesnt go down, who knows what happens to mcgahee

Back
Top Bottom