Merged: For the fans that want fins to get a Corner. Dre Bly demands a trade. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: For the fans that want fins to get a Corner. Dre Bly demands a trade.

Dre Bly is a trouble maker, he would not fit our defense at all. No thanks.

If they are willing to give him up on the same terms as Joey, then why not? Do you think a 5th or 6th rounder will do for us what Dre Bly would do? Absolutely not!

A former North Carolina star, Bly was chosen by St. Louis in the second round of the 1999 draft. He made an immediate impact as a nickel defender before moving into the starting lineup. In 119 appearances, including 79 starts, Bly has 346 tackles, 33 interceptions, 113 passes defensed, 17 forced fumbles, seven recoveries and three sacks.

These are decent numbers and better then the stats are corners have put up.

why don't we give them Harrington back.

I KNEW going into this thread that someone would suggest that! Trade Joey back for Bly! Brillant!! :lol:

Seriously though, you can never have enough depth at CB, so a fourth round pick and incentive laden contract would be okay with me.

He plays man to man very well but cover 2/zone is what he was asked to play and HE WAS NOT SO GOOD.

Plus you have to give up a draft pick and cough up somewhere near the 5 million a year that he gets.

Honestly...Wouldn't we be better off DRAFTING our future and having more and more money under the cap to sign the few pieces left that we may need down the road in 3 years when we will have a legit shot at doing something in the playoffs.

I get tired when every free agent that comes down the road is met by many members here as "the second comming of Christ"
LETS GET HIM ,LETS TRADE AWAY OUR FUTURE,LETS THROW TONS OF MONEY AT THEM...

New England and Buffalo have twice the cap money as we do and the Jets have over 20 million and there teams are going in the right direction versus the Dolphins with our 13 million and half the team unsigned....yet people want us to sign every big name free agent?????????

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

The Lions have given cornerback Dre' Bly permission to seek a trade.

Bly is considered a poor fit in head coach Rod Marinelli's defense. "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Matt (Millen) and Rod allowing me the opportunity to find a home for Dre’ Bly that is more conducive to his Pro Bowl skill set," the cornerback's agent said. Bly, a playmaking cover corner who's not yet 30, should net Detroit at least a first-day pick. Feb. 13

Any thoughts on this. Might come cheaper than Samuals or Clements. And could probably be had for Morris and something else, Because of what happened to Jones

We'll send em Michael Lehan. :lol:

I would trade a third and give Bly a big contract. He has been an underated Cb in this league. I believe someone on this chatboard did an outline of all Muellers picks in the third round and there is less then a 40% chance that he'll draft a bluechipper in the third round. Bly is a bluechipper and we have cap space. Keep in mind he has never played anywhere where Jason Taylor was forcing QB's to chuck it up faster then they want to. I know some finfans might disagree with me but if he was on the team any hate would turn to love.

Dre Bly is a trouble maker, he would not fit our defense at all. No thanks.
Yep. Proven locker room cancer - Big talker, but no longer backs up his big talk on field. Just what this team needs, another guy who "was" a Pro Bowler ... years ago. Yeah riiiight :rolleyes2

No way the guy is known to be a coward and backstabb teammates

Wasn't he the player on the lions who criticized and put down the leader of the team, Joey?

I think he went a little further than criticize Harrington. He basically said that he was singled-handedly responsible for the team's failures and that if anyone else had been the quarterback then Steve Mariucci would not have been fired. AND HE DID THIS WHEN HARRINGTON WAS STILL ON THE TEAM. I don't think I've ever heard one teamate stab another in the back quite like that while still being teammates. Not only is he a clubhouse cancer, but he is starting to get old for a cornerback. Remember how quickly Madison kind of fell apart when he lost a step? Thats bound to happen to Bly soon. Plus we'd have to give up even more picks. I'll pass.

Is it me or is there an overwhelming conspiracy to aquire the shortest CB's in the NFL?

I take a look at the class of WR's coming out this draft and I'll go out on the limb and guarantee they can each have solid to huge games against our midget secondary.

Let's keep `em 6ft and above from here on out can we fellas? So that Matt Jones doesn't come down here again and look like an unstoppable hall of fame QB playing WR.

Back
Top Bottom