Merged: Free Agent QB Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Free Agent QB Thread

Could get interesting. Would Brees fit in this offense?

I don't think Saban would even part with 1 first round pick for Brees, much less 2 1st rounders. I would love it if Brees was a Dolphin, but I think that giving up a 1st rounder for him would be making a mistake.

He won't. I think he'd rather go for free and sign a Patrick Ramsey or Josh McCown to compete with Frerrote, and then draft a QB in the 3/4 range.

Actually that's a huge concern. You wouldn't want Marino to be in a west coast offense would you? You play to your player's strength.

Jaj said:
He won't. I think he'd rather go for free and sign a Patrick Ramsey or Josh McCown to compete with Frerrote, and then draft a QB in the 3/4 range.

Is that you Mr. Spielman?

KyPhinfan13 said:
I don't think Saban would even part with 1 first round pick for Brees, much less 2 1st rounders. I would love it if Brees was a Dolphin, but I think that giving up a 1st rounder for him would be making a mistake.

Why? For the same first rounder you can get a rookie who needs to get aclimated to the pros. Thaen after he does you aren't guaranteed that he'll pan out. For the same first rounder you can get Brees? A proven commodity? Where do we sign?

They won't trade Brees though. It just won't happen.

BALLS DEEP said:
Why? For the same first rounder you can get a rookie who needs to get aclimated to the pros. Thaen after he does you aren't guaranteed that he'll pan out. For the same first rounder you can get Brees? A proven commodity? Where do we sign?

They won't trade Brees though. It just won't happen.

I don't know about that. He's pretty pricey and they might not want to pay two signing bonuses to him and Rivers.

I think it's Brees that will be gone, because the Chargers will eventually catch in up cap space and can't keep both.

Since the Chargers missed the playoffs, it's a whole new game with the QB situation. It could be a very interesting offseason for the Bolts. But I still think that they will trade Rivers, since they know that Brees can lead them to the playoffs. If they do go the other way, then I hope that we can bring Brees in here.

Ace88 said:
Since the Chargers missed the playoffs, it's a whole new game with the QB situation. It could be a very interesting offseason for the Bolts. But I still think that they will trade Rivers, since they know that Brees can lead them to the playoffs. If they do go the other way, then I hope that we can bring Brees in here.

Charger fans are quesitoning Brees ability to throw deep. That would really not fit well here ;)

Brees dont fit Miami's offense at all. He's not particularly mobile, and has one of the weakest arms for a start in the league.

Man I've said it all along...the man left without a chair will be Drew Brees. Missing the playoffs virtually seals it, in my book. The day the San Diego Chargers trade Phil Rivers will be one day where you see a seriously dumbfounded look on my face.

KyPhinfan13 said:
Agreed. I don't think Saban would trade a 1st round pick, and I KNOW he wouldn't trade two first round picks for Drew Brees or anyone that's going to be available for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom