Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine

ebozzz

Starter
Reaction score
Armando makes lot of sense with this article.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2007/06/front-office-heavy-handed-and-right.html

If you tell me that Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller decided to get rid of Culpepper, I say that is their decision to make. If they want to get something for him, I applaud them because it is the responsible thing to do. If they want to bring in another guy that the coach has a history with and who knows the offense, I say go for it.

In that respect Mueller and Cameron are doing everything they can to make YOUR team better. They're not doing this with the intent of screwing things up. They are making strong, decisive moves to shake up the status quo, which I remind you has not been so great lately.

Give them that. Appreciate them for that. They are in the ring and they're fighting for improvement of YOUR team.

But they should also realize they can soften some of the blows (by not embarrassing players in front of other players) so that when this fight is over, they haven't bloodied themselves as well as their opponent.

Funny how he thinks Cameron shouldn't bloody Daunte by admitting to in front of the team the blatantly obvious that Daunte will not be a part of the team.........I'm sorry, is that an inflammatory remark? Was it something that the team hadn't already figured out when in the day prior Mueller and Cameron spoke with Daunte and Daunte fed the media an email discussing that they informed him that they're going in a different direction?

It's somehow ok though, that Daunte call blame the Dolphins for turning his dream into a nightmare and completely blame them for rushing him back. Daunte was at that meeting before the start of the minicamp for the sole purpose of making things uncomfortable (which was his right) and Cameron addressed the entire team with Daunte present (which was his right)........after all, if Daunte doesn't go to that meeting, it's not a situation anymore.

That really is not relevant to what's happening now. They need to make a decision. Well, they already have but it's kind of backfired on them a little due to the way that it was handled. Now they just need to cut their losses and move on.

That really is not relevant to what's happening now. They need to make a decision. Well, they already have but it's kind of backfired on them a little due to the way that it was handled. Now they just need to cut their losses and move on.

You posted comments where Daunte specifically mentions he was being rushed, you then took it a step further by quoting Zach Thomas on the matter. I gave you a CONCRETE comment made by Daunte Culpepper himself in which clearly shows even he thought he was fine.

........and the Dolphins have made a decision. They don't want him on the team and they'll take as much time as they're entitled to in order to make sure they don't pass up potential offers in an attempt to recoup the investment they made on him. If they want to, they can wait right up until Wee 1 - sounds bad, but it's in their right to do so.

You posted comments where Daunte specifically mentions he was being rushed, you then took it a step further by quoting Zach Thomas on the matter. I gave you a CONCRETE comment made by Daunte Culpepper himself in which clearly shows even he thought he was fine.

........and the Dolphins have made a decision. They don't want him on the team and they'll take as much time as they're entitled to in order to make sure they don't pass up potential offers in an attempt to recoup the investment they made on him. If they want to, they can wait right up until Wee 1 - sounds bad, but it's in their right to do so.

The comments about him being rushed back were made in response to your belief that he was not.

Transcendental said:
It's somehow ok though, that Daunte call blame the Dolphins for turning his dream into a nightmare and completely blame them for rushing him back.

I am simply showing that he wasn't the only one who felt like he was rushed. Nothing more. The Dolphins have made their decision and that's cool. Now they need to do some damage control and close this book.

........and the Dolphins have made a decision. They don't want him on the team and they'll take as much time as they're entitled to in order to make sure they don't pass up potential offers in an attempt to recoup the investment they made on him. If they want to, they can wait right up until Week 1 - sounds bad, but it's in their right to do so.

This is where the problem is and probably the most misunderstood. It should not matter what the player says. Any competitive player will say he's fine even when he is not. It is up to the medical staff to determine that. Everyone with half a brain knew that an injury as severe as Daunte's takes over one to two years to recover from. Yet the medical staff gave Saban and Culpepper the okay for him to practice when he still should have been rehabbing. Just as Saban sat Culpepper down when he saw (I'm still wondering what took him so long) that Daunte couldn't move during the regular season, he could...no should have sat him down during the mini-camps and especially during training camp. This year should have been the 18th month of his initial rehab but unfortunately for everyone involved, it is not and we have a terrible situation that needs resolution.

This is where the problem is and probably the most misunderstood. It should not matter what the player says. Any competitive player will say he's fine even when he is not. It is up to the medical staff to determine that. Everyone with half a brain knew that an injury as severe as Daunte's takes over one to two years to recover from. Yet the medical staff gave Saban and Culpepper the okay for him to practice when he still should have been rehabbing. Just as Saban sat Culpepper down when he saw (I'm still wondering what took him so long) that Daunte couldn't move during the regular season, he could...no should have sat him down during the mini-camps and especially during training camp. This year should have been the 18th month of his initial rehab but unfortunately for everyone involved, it is not and we have a terrible situation that needs resolution.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Another minor issue whipped up way out of proportion by a humungous media with not enough to do.

It is what we the fans make it.

Stop all the ludicrous baloney about our team being hurt by this distraction.

The players understand the business.

Don't let the media whip you into a frenzy.

The Dolphins will have great team unity this year. The love is going to flow.
Count on it. DC doesn't matter as much as he thinks he does.

I did not expect to comment on this situation because I am already tired and bored of it in the press and on FinHeaven. What Geforce says is dead accurate. However, even when perfectly healthy, (Daunte Culpepper readily admits his style of play uses his legs and some improvization) his QB playing style does not conform well to Cam's style, and it is well within Cam's right as head coach to go in a different direction.

I am a big DC fan, but over the past few months, if Daunte could not see that coming, he's a lot denser in the head than I thought. Miami has given up a 2nd round draft pick and 8 million dollars to this guy in the past year to do rehab work. How many of us would love to be paid that for our rehab. He's given great effort, of course. But being paid that kind of money and not show great effort would have gotten you kicked out a lot faster.

All I am saying is that it is WELL within the Dolphin's organization's right to work on getting some trade value for him since they invested a lot in Daunte to no avail. Moreover, Daunte began the rallying technique where he was hoping to have some teammate friends come to lobby for him staying - that was the ultimate reason the coach nipped that in the bud by announcing at a team meeting that Daunte would not be a part of the Dolphins and would not be participating in team activities. Daunte tried to pit team leaders he had developed a relationship with (Zach and JT) against the coach. Of all things to do to a team, to create an attitude problem between a coach and his leadership, that is evident that Daunte no longer had the team interest at heart, and was only concerned about Daunte.

Cam undeniably did exactly what he had to do to preserve the attitude and integrity of this team. He also had to make a statement to Zach and JT about where their allegiances lie. Do you think it is real that Zach and JT are not getting reps in this mini camp so that they can "prevent injury?" That they don't really need the reps? Sorry, I don't buy it.

As much as I have been a DC fan, to watch what has transpired has soured my feelings of Daunte Culpepper. I now understand why 90% or more of the GM's in the NFL won't come close to this guy. They know what the other 10% don't know yet. To watch Daunte maneuver and speak through the press only worsens his fate. If he were to be contrite and say to Mueller, "How can I help you trade me?" How can I help you make a difficult situation easier on the both of us, preserve my image and integrity and preserve yours also? - then that would make Daunte's situation that much more palatable. It might have even preserved his ability to work with these people in the future. But to do what he is doing, he is only burning whatever professional bridges he has, if he has any left at all.

Another minor issue whipped up way out of proportion by a humungous media with not enough to do.

We have the real winner right here!...

Yeah, I remember the players and the coaches saying the same thing about the media making a big deal about the Ricky Williams retirement.

That netted us the second pick in the draft the next year.

I did not expect to comment on this situation because I am already tired and bored of it in the press and on FinHeaven. What Geforce says is dead accurate. However, even when perfectly healthy, (Daunte Culpepper readily admits his style of play uses his legs and some improvization) his QB playing style does not conform well to Cam's style, and it is well within Cam's right as head coach to go in a different direction.

I am a big DC fan, but over the past few months, if Daunte could not see that coming, he's a lot denser in the head than I thought. Miami has given up a 2nd round draft pick and 8 million dollars to this guy in the past year to do rehab work. How many of us would love to be paid that for our rehab. He's given great effort, of course. But being paid that kind of money and not show great effort would have gotten you kicked out a lot faster.

All I am saying is that it is WELL within the Dolphin's organization's right to work on getting some trade value for him since they invested a lot in Daunte to no avail. Moreover, Daunte began the rallying technique where he was hoping to have some teammate friends come to lobby for him staying - that was the ultimate reason the coach nipped that in the bud by announcing at a team meeting that Daunte would not be a part of the Dolphins and would not be participating in team activities. Daunte tried to pit team leaders he had developed a relationship with (Zach and JT) against the coach. Of all things to do to a team, to create an attitude problem between a coach and his leadership, that is evident that Daunte no longer had the team interest at heart, and was only concerned about Daunte.

Cam undeniably did exactly what he had to do to preserve the attitude and integrity of this team. He also had to make a statement to Zach and JT about where their allegiances lie. Do you think it is real that Zach and JT are not getting reps in this mini camp so that they can "prevent injury?" That they don't really need the reps? Sorry, I don't buy it.

As much as I have been a DC fan, to watch what has transpired has soured my feelings of Daunte Culpepper. I now understand why 90% or more of the GM's in the NFL won't come close to this guy. They know what the other 10% don't know yet. To watch Daunte maneuver and speak through the press only worsens his fate. If he were to be contrite and say to Mueller, "How can I help you trade me?" How can I help you make a difficult situation easier on the both of us, preserve my image and integrity and preserve yours also? - then that would make Daunte's situation that much more palatable. It might have even preserved his ability to work with these people in the future. But to do what he is doing, he is only burning whatever professional bridges he has, if he has any left at all.

Nice job. Unfortunately as talented as Duante is he does have a history of immature behavior, and the fact that he doesn't have an agent to mitigate this stuff only makes it worse.

Back
Top Bottom