Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine

So, does that mean Daunte's medical opinion couldn't be wrong. I think we've all had instances where we "felt" our body had recovered from something when it hadn't. As has been pointed out before, his desire to prove Minnesota wrong, and his competitive nature cannot be overlooked when looking back at these events. He was not making an objective decision.

Yeah, he obviously was rushed back. I would say he's probably not being disingenuous when he states he was rushed back. I believe he was relying on medical experts to make a correct judgement on whether or not he was ready to play. We all do that; as you've already stated. I can't fault him for that. Nor can I fault him for being angry over getting pulled off the field in the middle of practice.
However, I also believe he needs to remember he got paid a starter's salary last year in spite of his situation. He wasn't asked to take less pay when it was discovered that he wasn't ready to go. For that he ought to keep in mind that he's not bigger than the overall picture.

But there's no way you can quantify how much just the distraction of Ricky affected the team during training camp and the rest of the year. If it's your opinion that it had no affect, that's fine. I have a different opinion.

How about a different example? The Philly / TO situation.

Distractions are never a good thing.

I completely agree about distractions never being a good thing. And I'm not saying that the distractions had no effect on the Ricky situation at all, I'm just saying it's not close to being the main reason. The Philly/TO situation is a little closer to being relevant, but still, they lost a guy that was very valuable to the offense.

This could wind up being a big enough distraction to have a negative effect on our team this year, but right now it's not even close to the effects of Ricky and TO leaving their team since that also involved the loss of an important part of the team.

So, does that mean Daunte's medical opinion couldn't be wrong. I think we've all had instances where we "felt" our body had recovered from something when it hadn't. As has been pointed out before, his desire to prove Minnesota wrong, and his competitive nature cannot be overlooked when looking back at these events. He was not making an objective decision.

Of course it could be wrong. But if something was bothering him, he should have said so. If nothing was bothering him and nothing showed up on the medical exams and HE stated that he was ready.....how can he say that others rushed him back?
You stated it yourself....HE was not making an objective decision. It might have been a bad decision, but it was HIS decision. As long as the Phins medical staff didnt withhold any information from Daunte and he himself stated that his knee was fine, then he could not have been "rushed" by others. He should have said "I rushed myself back into the lineup"

He just like anyone that has a job is pressured back. Let's look at both sides. Most players dont want to sit with an injury. Most teams dont want a player to sit with an injury. I would think there was pressure on both sides of him coming back.

But the Phins FO should have made sure that the MILLIONS invested in him was not for 1 season and that he was truly ready to play. I remember reading he can run straight with just about no problem, but running to the sides was the issue. That sounds like a dead QB in the NFL pocket. I wish that he would have sat out the first half of the season. We needed Cpep to be 100% for last season and this season.

But now that is not an issue we have a new coach, system and QB.
So lets unload Cpep with class now and move on....

Mueller gets a taste of his own medicine

Daunte is the only guy that can play hard ball with the Dolphins. Mueller has been playing the game with players for years. He needs to take his medicine and let DC8 fly!!!

Culpepper will loose, the Dolphins are holding all the cards.

The cards are not one sided in this case. Cpep can talk with teams and get things in place for his release. The chances of him landing a starting position at this point is slim to none. So release him in late July only means that he will only have a chance to land a back-up and be one play away. If he is smart he will take his time this season with his injury. He should be looking towards the next 5 years of his career.

That means he has the ability to nix any trade. He will win if the Phins release him in July. He will be a distraction and build a wall with some of the players vs. the FO. They all know they could be in his position with one bad hit.

That means he has the ability to nix any trade. He will win if the Phins release him in July. He will be a distraction and build a wall with some of the players vs. the FO. They all know they could be in his position with one bad hit.

He will? More Miss Cleo loaded rhetoric. Can we all get our fortunes read too?

lmao! They should have just told the media, instead of doing it in private in front of the team.

They had already told Daunte in private but he showed up and was forcing their hands, so they did what was needed.

I highly commend the Dolphins on how they've handled this!! Praise them even!

Now I would like them to stay a little more silent and make Daunte sit it out and sweat! Screw him to the utmost and see if they can get a box of tissues in a trade...

He will? More Miss Cleo loaded rhetoric. Can we all get our fortunes read too?

Hey look man not sure what you are getting at...

If you think that keeping ANY player around that does not want to be around is a good thing, then it will not make any sense no matter what I say.

Getting boring going in circles. It does not make sense to keep him on board right now. The team should focus on this season and the new QB's and coach. Not what is going to happen next in the press on the Cpep Saga.

Go Phins!!!:bighug:

Can we all get our fortunes read too?

Yes my fellow dolphin fan....

You will search the boards and find out once again you have a chane to toss in a cool one-liner. But in the end you will know but not acknowledge that the issue with Cpep can become a distraction to the team. Seeing how JT & ZT both have stated publicly that they want him to have a fair shot.

You will search the boards and find out once again you have a chane to toss in a cool one-liner. But in the end you will know but not acknowledge that the issue with Cpep can become a distraction to the team. Seeing how JT & ZT both have stated publicly that they want him to have a fair shot.

Why don't they just cut him? This is getting stale, all we're going to get for him is a late round pick, if that. The Dolphins organization is a zoo right about now.

Hey look man not sure what you are getting at...

If you think that keeping ANY player around that does not want to be around is a good thing, then it will not make any sense no matter what I say.

Getting boring going in circles. It does not make sense to keep him on board right now. The team should focus on this season and the new QB's and coach. Not what is going to happen next in the press on the Cpep Saga.

Go Phins!!!:bighug:
Correction: Doesn't make sense TO YOU.

While I agree that in the past I have mentioned that you flirt with the possibility of Daunte being a distraction if he remains on the team too long. Yet, I have seen nothing up to this point that's indicated that and Daunte's done nothing, but try to antagonize the Dolphins FO into a blaming game for how the last 2 years of his career went down. If he wants to do that then fine, we're going to take our sweet time and trying to see if we can recoup anything for the wasted investment we made.

See if Daunte wants to be a pain in and arse and point fingers, that's within his right. Us holding out to the very end is our right. If Daunte wants his release, especially on his terms, he doesn't need to be making derogatory statements about the FO and walking around minicamp with a red folder passing out more of his "woe is me" story.

Correction again: They were rooting for him to have a fair shot.

Just because they rooted for him, doesn't mean they're about to throw the whole season because Daunte didn't get his chance. That's essentially what you're implying. Those two guys have a tremendous amount of media access now. If it were an issue, we'd know about it.

Back
Top Bottom