Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick and Colon."

HAHAHAHAHA hes great

Yeah, I remember the players and the coaches saying the same thing about the media making a big deal about the Ricky Williams retirement.

That netted us the second pick in the draft the next year.

You know as well as I do that is a completely different situation. Losing a player that is about 3/4 of your offense versus losing a player that was on the bench for 3/4 of the games.

Cpep:
* Wants the new team not to lose a pick.

*That is truly an off the wall comment. Do you think Green gives a dam that we had to give up a 4th or 5th for him? And player/agent Culpepper is a much more mean-spirited, self-centered guy than Green.
This is where this thing gets lost. From the emotional standpoint, the Culpepper whiners want to carry on about his torture as a Dolphin which included 8 million dollars for 4 games (2 mil a game).
The business stance is just like Carl Peterson of the Chiefs. Everyone vilified the guy and ridiculed him for his actions regarding Green. Imagine this Peterson - GM Chiefs personnel moron having the audacity to try and get compensation for an aging, concussed 37 year old QB? All the Dolphins have to do is wait it out. The Chiefs will eventually have to release him and will get him for nothing. Well it didn't work out that way did it? Mean old Peterson got a 5th (probably a 4th) for a QB no one wanted except us. He should be congratulated for doing his... JOB!!! That's what personnel guys are paid to do - get personnel! But the losers in Dolphin land want to go in a different direction: just cut Culpepper now. Why? Because you're "tired of all of this?" Mueller is not paid to accomodate the worn out capitulators begging for Daunte to be let go. Why do you want to let him go now? Is it because you're hurting for him? You feel his pain and suffering? Boo-hoo! Grow a sack and let Mueller do his job and see if he can salvage anything from this CPEP compost heap. A conditional 7th rounder is better than nothing! If you want, you can still keep clinging to Culpepper's horrible nightmare and maybe sell Daunte's sob-filled kleenex on EBAY, but Mueller is paid to do his job. Let him do it!

The comments about him being rushed back were made in response to your belief that he was not.

I am simply showing that he wasn't the only one who felt like he was rushed. Nothing more. The Dolphins have made their decision and that's cool. Now they need to do some damage control and close this book.

I think you are missing the point. He DIDNT feel like he was rushed. He said his knee was fine.
Now he is saying he was rushed back because it suits his situation, but at the time he didnt.
The team can't be "rushing you back" if you yourself say that you are ready.

You know as well as I do that is a completely different situation. Losing a player that is about 3/4 of your offense versus losing a player that was on the bench for 3/4 of the games.

A distraction is a distraction is a distraction. Just because the players and coaches say it's not a distraction doesn't make it true.

CULPEPPER HAS PERMISSION TO TALK TO OTHER TEAMS

We were surprised this morning upon reading Saturday comments from Dolphins coach Cam Cameron in a routine e-mail sent out by the team's P.R. staff regarding quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

Buried within an array of quotes was an indication that Culpepper now has permission to speak with other teams.

"He's welcome to talk to any team," Cameron said. "He is a player-agent."

But, at the same time, we're hearing that the Fins believe that teams have been tampering with Culpepper. If the team has given him permission to speak with other teams, what gives?

Our best interpretation? The Fins believe that discussions occurred before they gave him permission to do so. And now that he has permission, it might be even easier to prove tampering, since it's likely that Culpepper would have talked after getting permission to at least one of the teams to which he might have been speaking before getting permission.

If there has been some tampering going on, then this will definitely play in our favor. Ya know I kinda felt bad for Cpep about this whole situation, but at the same time this is a business and sometimes this kind of thing happens. I think that Cameraon and Mueller have been very professional about all of it..while Cpep is slowly making an *** of himself.

A distraction is a distraction is a distraction. Just because the players and coaches say it's not a distraction doesn't make it true.

That's not what I'm saying...

When Ricky left, we lost a guy who ran the ball 400 times. When losing Daunte, we lost a quarterback who only played 4 games. The fact that we finished with the 2nd worst record in the NFL the year after Ricky would seem to come from losing a guy who our entire offense is based around, rather than just the distraction of him leaving.

We only won one game while Cpep was starting, and we finished with a lot more than one win. Cpep was not nearly as integral part of the offense as Ricky was when he was here. This makes your comparison not even relevant.

I disagree, just like I disagree with Culpepper saying it is somehow unfair to the guys who are signed and will be playing this year for the fins.

He is not going to play here, we KNOW who will be playing QB. How is it a distraction?

In KC and TN, those teams didn't know what was happening. Cam spoke to the entire team with DC present and told them the situation.

There is ABOLUTELY ZERO uncertainty in this situation. Culpepper will NOT be playing here. It is just an oportunity for sports writers to talk offal out of their arses, and for overly emotional fans to worry, but it isn't a distraction for the team. They just continue doing what they do, practice, learn and improve...

I think you are missing the point. He DIDNT feel like he was rushed. He said his knee was fine.
Now he is saying he was rushed back because it suits his situation, but at the time he didnt.
The team can't be "rushing you back" if you yourself say that you are ready.
So, does that mean Daunte's medical opinion couldn't be wrong. I think we've all had instances where we "felt" our body had recovered from something when it hadn't. As has been pointed out before, his desire to prove Minnesota wrong, and his competitive nature cannot be overlooked when looking back at these events. He was not making an objective decision.

I disagree, just like I disagree with Culpepper saying it is somehow unfair to the guys who are signed and will be playing this year for the fins.

He is not going to play here, we KNOW who will be playing QB. How is it a distraction?

In KC and TN, those teams didn't know what was happening. Cam spoke to the entire team with DC present and told them the situation.

There is ABOLUTELY ZERO uncertainty in this situation. Culpepper will NOT be playing here. It is just an oportunity for sports writers to talk offal out of their arses, and for overly emotional fans to worry, but it isn't a distraction for the team. They just continue doing what they do, practice, learn and improve...
If you're reference Kansas City and Trent Green, there was ZERO uncertainty about him playing there either.

If you're reference Kansas City and Trent Green, there was ZERO uncertainty about him playing there either.

Yeah, obviously, but not if you believed what Peterson was saying or what Herme was telling the press right up until Green was traded...

And they were giving him one third of the reps in training camp. I can understand how that would be distracting to players, especially the WR's catches his passes...

In TN, that was unfair. Locking out McNair was a piss-poor move.

This is very different...

Yeah, obviously, but not if you believed what Peterson was saying or what Herme was telling the press right up until Green was traded...

And they were giving him one third of the reps in training camp. I can understand how that would be distracting to players, especially the WR's catches his passes...

In TN, that was unfair. Locking out McNair was a piss-poor move.

This is very different...
Not much. They brought him out on the field, and essentially put him in timeout. This is the guy who was the #1 QB. The leader of the offense. It's not the same, but it's not far off either.

If you believe Peterson, then I guess you have to believe Cameron when he spoke of evaluating Daunte when he's healthy and able to play, and having competition.
If it's so easy to see that Daunte was never going to play here, then it should be just as easy to see Green wasn't playing there. Herm was openly forcing Croyle into the starting role, saying things like "If someone beats him out, it will have to be by a wide margin." Or something very close to that. I believe Huard also got a nice raise in the offseason. The 1000 point font was on the wall there as well.

That's not what I'm saying...

When Ricky left, we lost a guy who ran the ball 400 times. When losing Daunte, we lost a quarterback who only played 4 games. The fact that we finished with the 2nd worst record in the NFL the year after Ricky would seem to come from losing a guy who our entire offense is based around, rather than just the distraction of him leaving.

We only won one game while Cpep was starting, and we finished with a lot more than one win. Cpep was not nearly as integral part of the offense as Ricky was when he was here. This makes your comparison not even relevant.

But there's no way you can quantify how much just the distraction of Ricky affected the team during training camp and the rest of the year. If it's your opinion that it had no affect, that's fine. I have a different opinion.

How about a different example? The Philly / TO situation.

Distractions are never a good thing.

If you believe Peterson, then I guess you have to believe Cameron when he spoke of evaluating Daunte when he's healthy and able to play, and having competition.
If it's so easy to see that Daunte was never going to play here, then it should be just as easy to see Green wasn't playing there. Herm was openly forcing Croyle into the starting role, saying things like "If someone beats him out, it will have to be by a wide margin." Or something very close to that. I believe Huard also got a nice raise in the offseason. The 1000 point font was on the wall there as well.

I think it isn't even close. Daunte was NOT the QB for most of last year. He wasn't even medically cleared to practice up until the middle of last week. He hasn't been practicing with the team since LAST year.

Even if Cam wanted to evaluate him and allow a fair QB competition it is too late for that. We need to get ready for the season and the opening day game. Culpepper is not ready to compete even now. It would be a farce to pretend that he is, and waste practice time and waste reps with the rest of the team. He should be allowed to buy out of his contract, then both sides can move on...

Yeah, I remember the players and the coaches saying the same thing about the media making a big deal about the Ricky Williams retirement.

That netted us the second pick in the draft the next year.

Ricky was 50% of our offense the previous two years, and we had no viable replacement for him, Lamarr Gordon? Travis Minor? Ricky was our offense, and he was just ..gone.....

DC played in 4 games, the offense is not designed around him, and we have a viable replacement for him. The two situations do not parallel one another.

I do think DC should be shown the door, with or without a 7th round pick, why distract the team with this garbage? For an example of how that works refer to the Ted Ginn press conference, he is giving his first conference and the mere mention of DC clears the room.

Yeah, a 7th round pick is worth repeating that over and over again this offseason....

(The last two paragraphs were not directed at you HOF13)

Back
Top Bottom