Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine

Greg Cote's take:

http://blogs.herald.com/random_evidence/2007/06/culpepper_vs_do.html

By now you know how I feel. I'm with Daunte Culpepper in this messy divorce from the Dolphins. He has every right to feel frustrated, and to feel new coach Cam Cameron has been unfair in not giving him a chance to compete with Trent Green for the starting QB job.

At the same time I can see the point of people who think the choice is Cameron's and that Culpepper is in the wrong here for making his case so public and becoming a divisive factor.

Cpep:
* Wants the new team not to lose a pick.

*That is truly an off the wall comment. Do you think Green gives a dam that we had to give up a 4th or 5th for him? And player/agent Culpepper is a much more mean-spirited, self-centered guy than Green.
This is where this thing gets lost. From the emotional standpoint, the Culpepper whiners want to carry on about his torture as a Dolphin which included 8 million dollars for 4 games (2 mil a game).
The business stance is just like Carl Peterson of the Chiefs. Everyone vilified the guy and ridiculed him for his actions regarding Green. Imagine this Peterson - GM Chiefs personnel moron having the audacity to try and get compensation for an aging, concussed 37 year old QB? All the Dolphins have to do is wait it out. The Chiefs will eventually have to release him and will get him for nothing. Well it didn't work out that way did it? Mean old Peterson got a 5th (probably a 4th) for a QB no one wanted except us. He should be congratulated for doing his... JOB!!! That's what personnel guys are paid to do - get personnel! But the losers in Dolphin land want to go in a different direction: just cut Culpepper now. Why? Because you're "tired of all of this?" Mueller is not paid to accomodate the worn out capitulators begging for Daunte to be let go. Why do you want to let him go now? Is it because you're hurting for him? You feel his pain and suffering? Boo-hoo! Grow a sack and let Mueller do his job and see if he can salvage anything from this CPEP compost heap. A conditional 7th rounder is better than nothing! If you want, you can still keep clinging to Culpepper's horrible nightmare and maybe sell Daunte's sob-filled kleenex on EBAY, but Mueller is paid to do his job. Let him do it!

Hallejulah!!! Excellent post.

CULPEPPER HAS PERMISSION TO TALK TO OTHER TEAMS

We were surprised this morning upon reading Saturday comments from Dolphins coach Cam Cameron in a routine e-mail sent out by the team's P.R. staff regarding quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

Buried within an array of quotes was an indication that Culpepper now has permission to speak with other teams.

"He's welcome to talk to any team," Cameron said. "He is a player-agent."

But, at the same time, we're hearing that the Fins believe that teams have been tampering with Culpepper. If the team has given him permission to speak with other teams, what gives?

Our best interpretation? The Fins believe that discussions occurred before they gave him permission to do so. And now that he has permission, it might be even easier to prove tampering, since it's likely that Culpepper would have talked after getting permission to at least one of the teams to which he might have been speaking before getting permission.

If there has been some tampering going on, then this will definitely play in our favor. Ya know I kinda felt bad for Cpep about this whole situation, but at the same time this is a business and sometimes this kind of thing happens. I think that Cameraon and Mueller have been very professional about all of it..while Cpep is slowly making an *** of himself.

This is very telling of the situation, and something everyone should be aware of in all of this. As I've mentioned in a previous thread, this is exactly why Daunte acting as his own agent is the main culprit in this situation. His unwarranted superiority complex and propensity to create his own drama have affected how he should conduct his business.

I'm sure his basic lack of understanding of business comes into play, too, but the fact is his ignorant pride didn't allow his "agent" to see that he should've been seeking a trade months ago when Cameron and Mueller were obviously not going to guarantee him a chance to start and were looking to bring in another pro bowl quarterback.

It reminds me of another situation, where a team was going in a different direction at quarterback, and the veteran starter requested a formal trade, getting a contract in place at a time when teams were jockying to bring in another starter for their team.

Does it surprise anyone his ignorance and inactivity in the pocket transcend the game of football?

Are you sure? They did give him a uniform including the red #8 jersey. They did allow him to warm up and even throw passes to the running backs.

IF they had no plans of him being there, they could have taken away his helmet and uniform. Daunte is still under contract so they couldn't deny him access to the training room but they could have denied him access to other team functions.

IMO, both sides share some fault in all of this.

The way I understand it, is if they don't let him participate in some practice functions it is a possible violation.

Ozzy,

They didn't tell him not to show up. They just said that they were going to try to make a deal with another team for him. If they had told him during that that he wouldn't be allowed to participate in the drills then the whole thing get doesn't get as far as it has. Let's see how happy you are if the effects are lingering and it hurts us when it comes players or staff members.

They told Daunte in front of the entire team that he was not in their future plane and he could not participate in team drills. He has to be allowed to participate in some sort of practices once he is cleared, or he files a greavence!

I could not care less about Daunte now! Let him rot on IR for all I care!

For a player that has collected a nice fat payday from this team and gave NOTHING IN RETURN. For him to treat this team with anything other than the utmost respect, he deserves nothing but the worst!

This is very telling of the situation, and something everyone should be aware of in all of this. As I've mentioned in a previous thread, this is exactly why Daunte acting as his own agent is the main culprit in this situation. His unwarranted superiority complex and propensity to create his own drama have affected how he should conduct his business.

I'm sure his basic lack of understanding of business comes into play, too, but the fact is his ignorant pride didn't allow his "agent" to see that he should've been seeking a trade months ago when Cameron and Mueller were obviously not going to guarantee him a chance to start and were looking to bring in another pro bowl quarterback.

It reminds me of another situation, where a team was going in a different direction at quarterback, and the veteran starter requested a formal trade, getting a contract in place at a time when teams were jockying to bring in another starter for their team.

Does it surprise anyone his ignorance and inactivity in the pocket transcend the game of football?

Come on, man. Culpepper asked for clarification on his status on numerous occassions. He was told he was under contract with the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins could have been shopping him before the draft - when they could have gotten some value from the Raiders or Browns or somebody - but they thought he was more valuable as leverage against KC.

Are you saying he should have been seeking a trade without permission? Now that would be tampering.

Ignorant pride. Nice.

Yes, you have made that abundantly clear. :unsure:

I will defend the team before any player 99 times out of 100, and especially against a crybaby like DC!

Don't forget that you have also made your side of this very abundantly clear, moreso than me I believe.

Hopefully you're not taking this personal?

The Dolphins Organization

first i want to say i am new and it is nice to be here. now i love the dolphins but its seems like we have got to have one of the worst organizations in the league.

1. not getting breeze/ playing daunte to early/ giving away our draft picks over the years/ overpaying green when we could have got another free agent/ going after lousy coaches...the list goes on.

what do we need to do to get it right?

God i hope we get it right this year. i cant take another year out of the playoffs.

I will defend the team before any player 99 times out of 100, and especially against a crybaby like DC!

Don't forget that you have also made your side of this very abundantly clear, moreso than me I believe.

Hopefully you're not taking this personal?

More than you? Doubtful. And, why does it have to be personal? If we were to compare posts, I would think that your contributions would come off as being more of the personal nature that mine. Just check all of the derogatory comments that you made about DC. In comparison, my comments have not gone to that level.

More than you? Doubtful. And, why does it have to be personal? If we were to compare posts, I would think that your contributions would come off as being more of the personal nature that mine. Just check all of the derogatory comments that you made about DC. In comparison, my comments have not gone to that level.

Come on man, you've responded to almost everyone that has posted a negative comment about Daunte. Almost 100 posts!!!! I've mearly contributed to 20 or so.

When I say personal, I meant you taking it personal towards me! I've made it abundantly clear, as you put it, that I could care less about him, or if he takes it personal!

Back
Top Bottom