Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged-Front office heavy-handed /mueller gets taste of own medicine

Please. Do you think this is anything the New England Patriots haven't done? Stop being so sensitive.

Have the Pats ever made unpopular player moves? Yes, they have. I don't remember any occasion of them being as underhanded about it though. Milloy, McGinest, etc., etc., were unpopular moves where the Pats made a decision to go in a different direction and notified the player involved of their plans. There wasn't any beating around the bush. As for your last comment, you seem to be the one that's sensitive about about the situation or you would not have responded. :wink:

Come on man, you've responded to almost everyone that has posted a negative comment about Daunte. Almost 100 posts!!!! I've mearly contributed to 20 or so.

When I say personal, I meant you taking it personal towards me! I've made it abundantly clear, as you put it, that I could care less about him, or if he takes it personal!

There may have been almost 100 posts. Although, the majority of my responses have been directed toward you and one other member, Transcendental I think? Check that if you like. That's no where near almost everyone.

On the personal thing, I don't know you. All I can do is read what you have posted. It just doesn't make sense to me that you should have to resort to making derogatory comments about DC as frequently as you do in your posts. IMO, that makes it appear that you are taking things personally. And yes, you have made your feelings about DC abundantly clear by the manner in which you express your opinion about him. Here's a good example.........

Take your butt somewhere else and cry Daunte you lowlife scum, spoiled brat crybaby no kneed bum. I hope you fail miserably for the rest of your football career!!

Classic! And, it sounds kind of personal to me.

As I recall it, when we aquired DC, he was not actually expected to play for us until midseason. I dont know if the dolphins pressured him to hurry up and get onto the field, or it was DC pressuring them to let him play, but either way I blame the doctors for clearing him. If he would of stepped onto the field midseason we may not of had to give up the 4th rounder to detroit and DC might of been in playing condition this season.

He should not been paid as handsomly as he was last season and he should of not been playing as soon as he did. If DC restructured his contract so that we didnt have to pay him so much to rehab, I think I`ld be more in agreement with those of you who are currently supporting his postion. I dont think I would of renogiated if it was a case of the team pressuring him to take the field before he was ready, but if it was him being anxious to play, then he should of restructured. None of us really know nor probally will we ever which it actually was.

Bottom line We gave up a 2nd rnd draft pick to minny and a 4th rnd instead of a 5th to detroit and 8 million to DC. That was what he cost us to be here. None of us really know if the prolonged recovery time was his fault, the teams, or partially both, but the reality is he wasnt ready fast enough to be confident as him being our starter this season. Cam made his decision. We dont have all the facts, for us to take sides, we're not informed enough to do so inteligently. Everyone should let the two sides fight it out and stop passing judgements.

I think everyone should stop deflecting the focus of these dicussions onto Trent too. It really has no bearing how he exited kc, how much were paying him to be here, or how well he will or wont do for us this season.

The question is did the team treat DC fairly or is DC acting unprofessionally. None of us have enough information to say one way or another.

As I recall it, when we aquired DC, he was not actually expected to play for us until midseason. I dont know if the dolphins pressured him to hurry up and get onto the field, or it was DC pressuring them to let him play, but either way I blame the doctors for clearing him. If he would of stepped onto the field midseason we may not of had to give up the 4th rounder to detroit and DC might of been in playing condition this season.

You blame the doctors because of...............???? :confused: You know it's real easy to pass blame when you have absolutely no idea what is going on, especially when it pertains to medical exams and proper testing. How would you have handled that? What tests would you have given him to assertain that he was ready to go? lol

He should not been paid as handsomly as he was last season and he should of not been playing as soon as he did. If DC restructured his contract so that we didnt have to pay him so much to rehab, I think I`ld be more in agreement with those of you who are currently supporting his postion. I dont think I would of renogiated if it was a case of the team pressuring him to take the field before he was ready, but if it was him being anxious to play, then he should of restructured. None of us really know nor probally will we ever which it actually was.

..........but he did restructure to come here. He took more bonus money upfront in order to lower his yearly salary. You're forgetting about the "player" here. Do you think the team was about to give him more bonus money upfront and extend the years out again? Or did you think Daunte was going to take a paycut? So far it appears that that wasn't even an option. We haven't seen any reports indicating either side brought up the idea.

If Daunte was so concerned with living out his dream (cough) of being a Miami Dolphin, wouldn't it have been wise of him to go to the team to restructure? I mean the Green talks went on for months. You'd think that green light would've gone off in Daunte's head given his salary and injury situation. Daunte was real quick to let us know about everything else thru emails this past week, in my personal opinion we would've heard something by now if he was never allowed an opportunity to restructure.

Bottom line We gave up a 2nd rnd draft pick to minny and a 4th rnd instead of a 5th to detroit and 8 million to DC. That was what he cost us to be here. None of us really know if the prolonged recovery time was his fault, the teams, or partially both, but the reality is he wasnt ready fast enough to be confident as him being our starter this season. Cam made his decision. We dont have all the facts, for us to take sides, we're not informed enough to do so inteligently. Everyone should let the two sides fight it out and stop passing judgements.

I think everyone should stop deflecting the focus of these dicussions onto Trent too. It really has no bearing how he exited kc, how much were paying him to be here, or how well he will or wont do for us this season.

The question is did the team treat DC fairly or is DC acting unprofessionally. None of us have enough information to say one way or another.

Cheers to that. It's arguing over spilt milk.

There may have been almost 100 posts. Although, the majority of my responses have been directed toward you and one other member, Transcendental I think? Check that if you like. That's no where near almost everyone.

On the personal thing, I don't know you. All I can do is read what you have posted. It just doesn't make sense to me that you should have to resort to making derogatory comments about DC as frequently as you do in your posts. IMO, that makes it appear that you are taking things personally. And yes, you have made your feelings about DC abundantly clear by the manner in which you express your opinion about him. Here's a good example.........

Classic! And, it sounds kind of personal to me.

lol!! I don't need to go back and see who you posted responses to. I'll take your word on it. Just a suggestion, if your posting behind me to try and reason with me about Daunte, it's useless. If your doing it to prove me wrong thats fine, but you won't be able to. A case can be made for both parties and I'm sticking with mine.

So are you taking this personal towards me or not. I don't care what you think I think of Daunte, but If I'm getting you upset about it, I'll try to stop responding to your posts praising him.

I've already made it clear, and I will continue to do so, that I don't care about Daunte Culpepper. I'm a team first fan. Once a player is gone, and if he's going against this team, I consider him the enemy. You don't have to quote me to think your proving a point. I know what I've said about him.

And if you go back thru my posts, AGAIN, you will find that I wish Daunte Culpepper all the best........OFF THE FOOTBALL FIELD!!

lol!! I don't need to go back and see who you posted responses to. I'll take your word on it. Just a suggestion, if your posting behind me to try and reason with me about Daunte, it's useless. If your doing it to prove me wrong thats fine, but you won't be able to. A case can be made for both parties and I'm sticking with mine.

So are you taking this personal towards me or not. I don't care what you think I think of Daunte, but If I'm getting you upset about it, I'll try to stop responding to your posts praising him.

I've already made it clear, and I will continue to do so, that I don't care about Daunte Culpepper. I'm a team first fan. Once a player is gone, and if he's going against this team, I consider him the enemy. You don't have to quote me to think your proving a point. I know what I've said about him.

And if you go back thru my posts, AGAIN, you will find that I wish Daunte Culpepper all the best........OFF THE FOOTBALL FIELD!!

Look Oz,

As I said, I don't know you. This whole DC issue is the first time you and I have ever had any dialogs if I am not mistaken. I'm sure that it's the only time that we have been so polarized on a topic of discussion. I'm not necessarily trying to change your mind. You and Trans have taken a hard line stance regarding what has happened. I realize that you both feel comfortable with where your head is at. More power to you. So, no my Dolphins brother, it's not personal.

I do think that you would be hard pressed to find a thread with me praising Daunte. :) While I admit that I wanted him to get a shot because I felt that the competition would be good for the team. Would he have won the job? Who knows. Would he have been the best QB to lead us? It's questionable and it's a moot point now.

The front office felt he wasn't needed. I'm cool with that. My only gripe, if you can call it that, is with how everything went down. I still feel that it could have been handled in a way where the team's image came out of this relatively unscathed. Why? The last thing that we need is a bad image. Having one could be the very reason that we missed out on players like Donte Stallworth and others (coaches & front office personnel included) that we showed a lot of interest in. Losing them isn't such a big deal but the fact that a few of our targets helped strengthen a division rival stung something fierce! :fire:

It's not about DC. It's about the overall success of the team. A lot of things have to happen for us to keep improving. That political element has to be kept in mind as how we are viewed by others has a huge impact on our ability to get better. The Phins can do better than what they have shown in recent weeks. The world is watching.

Look Oz,

As I said, I don't know you. This whole DC issue is the first time you and I have ever had any dialogs if I am not mistaken. I'm sure that it's the only time that we have been so polarized on a topic of discussion. I'm not necessarily trying to change your mind. You and Trans have taken a hard line stance regarding what has happened. I realize that you both feel comfortable with where your head is at. More power to you. So, no my Dolphins brother, it's not personal.

That's all I needed to know! Reason I ask is there were a couple of people that actually put me on their ignore list over my feelings on Ricky Williams. I could really have cared less because they got into calling me a few names. I was simply trying to nip it in the bud with you.......just in case.

Have a nice one.......

[mod]Please do not circumvent the profanity filter[/mod]
That's all I needed to know! Reason I ask is there were a couple of people that actually put me on their ignore list over my feelings on Ricky Williams. I could really have cared less because they got into calling me a few names. I was simply trying to nip it in the bud with you.......just in case.

Have a nice one.......

I hate that chicken **** .....when they can't handle that you defend your position. Like babies they add you to their ignore list. They never follow thru anyways, they inevitably see your comments in other people's posts with your quotes .......it eats at them......and eventually they can't help but come out of that spineless "ignore" mode.

Have a nice one.......

Thanks! :)

I hate that chicken **** .....when they can't handle that you defend your position. Like babies they add you to their ignore list. They never follow thru anyways, they inevitably see your comments in other people's posts with your quotes .......it eats at them......and eventually they can't help but come out of that spineless "ignore" mode.

:D That's funny!

:D That's funny!

I just always felt like saying "I'm gonna put you on ignore blah blah blah" is getting a bit too overdramatic for what we're doing on here. I mean it would be useful if some user stepped way over the line and turned into a stalker, but in the end this forum is for open discussion.

That is one thing I fear. That the treatment of Daunte, whom he still has many friends with in the organization--Chambers, Holliday, JT, and others always talk so highly of him---might affect the way some of the veterans view this regime. It also might tempt future FAs, and trade prospects to not want to deal with franchise that views their organization as being more important than the people that uphold it. It's very catch 22, but I ultimately believe that releasing Daunte...5 days ago...would have been the proper decision. Is a 6th/7th round draft pick really that important?

That is one thing I fear. That the treatment of Daunte, whom he still has many friends with in the organization--Chambers, Holliday, JT, and others always talk so highly of him---might affect the way some of the veterans view this regime. It also might tempt future FAs, and trade prospects to not want to deal with franchise that views their organization as being more important than the people that uphold it. It's very catch 22, but I ultimately believe that releasing Daunte...5 days ago...would have been the proper decision. Is a 6th/7th round draft pick really that important?

Trust me, I understand your concern. All you have to do is look at the New England Patriots to determine why someone would want to pay for you if it's not about the money. They've been as ruthless as any with their players and yet guys are still jumping at every opportunity to wear a Patriot uni. It's all about winning. If you're mediocre, situations like Daunte's are just sideshow material. Usually the mediocre teams have to ante up the cash to get players. And let's not forget all the market determinants for a particular position.

I think you forget that at the end of the day, these guys have jobs and they show up for work for their pay. Just because Daunte got the short end of the stick, it doesn't automatically translate over to their situations. How many guys do we have on the roster that have torn up 3 ligaments in their knee, have a high salary, and haven't been able to get healthy? We're not comparing apples to apples here.....more like apples to oranges.

So its ok for the organization to treat Daunte like crap, but its not ok in the reverse. Ahhh, got ya.

Back
Top Bottom